HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RUMOUR: Habs-S.J. trade (laughable)

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2006, 09:48 PM
westcoast habsfan

vCash: 500
RUMOUR: Habs-S.J. trade (laughable)

I was reading the Gomez arbitration thread on the trades/free agents forum and a rookie user posted a comment about the Habs being interested in Gomez. It's nothing we haven't heard before, but his link was to this guy: http://rumorsnhl.blogspot.com/

Elephant man (the blogger) had other things to report today about Habs trade rumours including this doozy: "I am hearing that the Habs have offered Souray, Ryder, a prospect and a 1st rd pick to San Jose for Patrick Marleau and Kyle McLaren."

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find it under the title: Montreal is in deep discussion.

I laughed out loud when I read it, and then began dreaming in technicolour, man o' man would Marleau look fabulous in a Habs uniform!!!! (Quick, someone pinch me I really, really want to believe this rumour).

San Jose has absolutely no reason to do this trade, they have Marleau signed to a very reasonable contract (4 yrs/16 mill I believe - is that a steal or what?) and he's a star player.

His other comment about the Caps maybe being interested in Bonk 'cause they need to take on salary to get up to the minimum for the salary cap (28 million) is a more reasonable rumour, but someone how I doubt it. Especially after comments made today by Gainey that he's done, and he's hoping for a better year from Bonk now that he's healthy (Canadian Press article by Bill Beacon).

Old
07-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Aarex

Hes a fraud, he doesn't even spell properly in 90% of the **** he writes.

Old
07-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

This is the same guy that said Pavel Bure would sign a 2 year/3.6M contract with Washington.

Back on topic, no way San Jose does this unless Bonk is involved.

Old
07-24-2006, 10:01 PM
LeHab

Someone has been reading RDS talkbacks.

Old
07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
westcoast habsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified View Post
Hes a fraud, he doesn't even spell properly in 90% of the **** he writes.
I figured that. I've never heard of him. Normally, I wouldn't post a rumour like this, but it was too good - in that campy, bad sort of way. Trust me, I WISH we could get Marleau out of S.J. I'd give a lot more than his trade offer to see it happen too, but I don't think S.J. would go for it. The Sharks look really good this year, two outstanding scoring lines, they've added some grit to the bottom lines which they needed. Thing is, they probably could use another veteran d-man like Souray but they aren't going to give up Marleau to get it.

Old
07-24-2006, 10:08 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan View Post
Back on topic, no way San Jose does this unless Bonk is involved.
You made me giggle

Old
07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast habsfan View Post
I was reading the Gomez arbitration thread on the trades/free agents forum and a rookie user posted a comment about the Habs being interested in Gomez. It's nothing we haven't heard before, but his link was to this guy: http://rumorsnhl.blogspot.com/

Elephant man (the blogger) had other things to report today about Habs trade rumours including this doozy: "I am hearing that the Habs have offered Souray, Ryder, a prospect and a 1st rd pick to San Jose for Patrick Marleau and Kyle McLaren."

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find it under the title: Montreal is in deep discussion.

I laughed out loud when I read it, and then began dreaming in technicolour, man o' man would Marleau look fabulous in a Habs uniform!!!! (Quick, someone pinch me I really, really want to believe this rumour).

San Jose has absolutely no reason to do this trade, they have Marleau signed to a very reasonable contract (4 yrs/16 mill I believe - is that a steal or what?) and he's a star player.

His other comment about the Caps maybe being interested in Bonk 'cause they need to take on salary to get up to the minimum for the salary cap (28 million) is a more reasonable rumour, but someone how I doubt it. Especially after comments made today by Gainey that he's done, and he's hoping for a better year from Bonk now that he's healthy (Canadian Press article by Bill Beacon).
there has been like 3 thread last week about that rumour from that blog and it have been closed 3 times, you should deleted it right now

Habs Prospects website
Old
07-24-2006, 10:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

NOT a source,

Closed Thread