HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RUMOUR: Habs-S.J. trade (laughable)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2006, 09:48 PM
  #1
westcoast habsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
RUMOUR: Habs-S.J. trade (laughable)

I was reading the Gomez arbitration thread on the trades/free agents forum and a rookie user posted a comment about the Habs being interested in Gomez. It's nothing we haven't heard before, but his link was to this guy: http://rumorsnhl.blogspot.com/

Elephant man (the blogger) had other things to report today about Habs trade rumours including this doozy: "I am hearing that the Habs have offered Souray, Ryder, a prospect and a 1st rd pick to San Jose for Patrick Marleau and Kyle McLaren."

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find it under the title: Montreal is in deep discussion.

I laughed out loud when I read it, and then began dreaming in technicolour, man o' man would Marleau look fabulous in a Habs uniform!!!! (Quick, someone pinch me I really, really want to believe this rumour).

San Jose has absolutely no reason to do this trade, they have Marleau signed to a very reasonable contract (4 yrs/16 mill I believe - is that a steal or what?) and he's a star player.

His other comment about the Caps maybe being interested in Bonk 'cause they need to take on salary to get up to the minimum for the salary cap (28 million) is a more reasonable rumour, but someone how I doubt it. Especially after comments made today by Gainey that he's done, and he's hoping for a better year from Bonk now that he's healthy (Canadian Press article by Bill Beacon).

westcoast habsfan is offline  
Old
07-24-2006, 09:56 PM
  #2
Aarex
Registered User
 
Aarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,274
vCash: 500
Hes a fraud, he doesn't even spell properly in 90% of the **** he writes.

Aarex is offline  
Old
07-24-2006, 09:58 PM
  #3
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain
 
Blades of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 500
This is the same guy that said Pavel Bure would sign a 2 year/3.6M contract with Washington.

Back on topic, no way San Jose does this unless Bonk is involved.

Blades of Glory is offline  
Old
07-24-2006, 10:01 PM
  #4
LeHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Someone has been reading RDS talkbacks.

LeHab is offline  
Old
07-24-2006, 10:05 PM
  #5
westcoast habsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified View Post
Hes a fraud, he doesn't even spell properly in 90% of the **** he writes.
I figured that. I've never heard of him. Normally, I wouldn't post a rumour like this, but it was too good - in that campy, bad sort of way. Trust me, I WISH we could get Marleau out of S.J. I'd give a lot more than his trade offer to see it happen too, but I don't think S.J. would go for it. The Sharks look really good this year, two outstanding scoring lines, they've added some grit to the bottom lines which they needed. Thing is, they probably could use another veteran d-man like Souray but they aren't going to give up Marleau to get it.

westcoast habsfan is offline  
Old
07-24-2006, 10:08 PM
  #6
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan View Post
Back on topic, no way San Jose does this unless Bonk is involved.
You made me giggle

David_99 is offline  
Old
07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
  #7
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast habsfan View Post
I was reading the Gomez arbitration thread on the trades/free agents forum and a rookie user posted a comment about the Habs being interested in Gomez. It's nothing we haven't heard before, but his link was to this guy: http://rumorsnhl.blogspot.com/

Elephant man (the blogger) had other things to report today about Habs trade rumours including this doozy: "I am hearing that the Habs have offered Souray, Ryder, a prospect and a 1st rd pick to San Jose for Patrick Marleau and Kyle McLaren."

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find it under the title: Montreal is in deep discussion.

I laughed out loud when I read it, and then began dreaming in technicolour, man o' man would Marleau look fabulous in a Habs uniform!!!! (Quick, someone pinch me I really, really want to believe this rumour).

San Jose has absolutely no reason to do this trade, they have Marleau signed to a very reasonable contract (4 yrs/16 mill I believe - is that a steal or what?) and he's a star player.

His other comment about the Caps maybe being interested in Bonk 'cause they need to take on salary to get up to the minimum for the salary cap (28 million) is a more reasonable rumour, but someone how I doubt it. Especially after comments made today by Gainey that he's done, and he's hoping for a better year from Bonk now that he's healthy (Canadian Press article by Bill Beacon).
there has been like 3 thread last week about that rumour from that blog and it have been closed 3 times, you should deleted it right now

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now  
Old
07-24-2006, 10:42 PM
  #8
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,454
vCash: 500
NOT a source,

montreal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.