HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Vapor V2 sticks

Old
07-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Incarnation

vCash: 500
Bauer Vapor V2 sticks

I've been looking for new stick (or shaft+blade) and I noticed this new model, Vapor V2 from Bauer. Has anyone tried one? They are quite cheap so I'm very suspicious about them.

Incarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 05:50 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
It's just a reskinned vapor V from what I know. It's not extremely light but not a horrible stick. Don't expect anything like a Vapor XX or something better but it's not bad for the lower end of the spectrum. Depending on your level you might want to buy something better, I hear(never played with one) that the VIII is decent for the price. But if you're located in the states you cant beat the deals hockeygiant and hockeymonkey have on the vapor XXX. $100 for a stick that is one-year removed from being top of the bauer line and better than the XXX lite(in my opinion).

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 03:02 AM
Incarnation

Right now I use Bauer Vapor VI shaft ("self-made" from stick. Blade broke and I just cut it off) and TPS Genesis blade. My sticks always break - or shatter - from the blade and I think it's just better to accept that and try to buy cheap blades. Vapor V2 blades are quite cheap here in Finland but could there be a solution to my blade breaking problem, other than buying cheap blades?
Any durable and not-so-expensive blades on the market?

Incarnation is offline   Reply With Quote