HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Biron deal finalized on Wednesday?

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Slangston
My Inkzooka So Big!

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Slangston
A Biron deal finalized on Wednesday?

Anyone catch the Empire Sports Report? I caught the tale end of the head story and apparently the Sabres have a deal with a team seaking Biron's services. The deal should be completely by tomorrow.

For those who caught the entire segment, please enlighten me on this situation.

I'm anxious to see what happens tomorrow. Morris, Gautier, Tanguay...Or am I just dreaming?

Old
11-11-2003, 06:52 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangston_Hughes
Anyone catch the Empire Sports Report? I caught the tale end of the head story and apparently the Sabres have a deal with a team seaking Biron's services. The deal should be completely by tomorrow.

I'm anxious to see what happens tomorrow. Morris, Gautier, Tanguay...Or am I just dreaming?
Whoa. Way to go, man. Now you're going to make school go by even slower tomorrow. Thanks :p .

Old
11-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

If it happens I think we see a four way deal. Sort of like this

Anahiem gets Biron, moves him on to Edmonton for Comrie,

Comrie Comes to Buffalo along with Hinote from Colorado.

Gerber and Afinogenov goes to Edmonton via Buffalo. Biron Moves from Edmonton to AVS.

Aves get Biron + prospect( from anahiem)
Edmonton gets Gerber and Afinogenov + Colorado Prospect(Boychuk?)
Buffalo gets Comrie and Hinote
Anahiem gets Tanguay and Boulton

Just a guess though.

Old
11-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Slangston
My Inkzooka So Big!

I won't even be able to sleep tonight. I'm going to be up all night thinking about it. Oh well, I took the semester of school off and I don't have to work tomorrow so I should be alright.

They say that Biron wouldn't return phone calls and Darcy Regier wouldn't comment, so we know for sure something is going down. Right now I'm waiting for Empire to do a show recap, hopefully they'll shed more light on this situation.

Old
11-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

Quote:

Talking about D + R report saying deal in works with Anaheim involving Biron and Gerber, by the way.

Old
11-11-2003, 06:59 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
They say that Biron wouldn't return phone calls and Darcy Regier wouldn't comment, so we know for sure something is going down. Right now I'm waiting for Empire to do a show recap, hopefully they'll shed more light on this situation.
If you hear of anything overnight, please post it man. I usually check my mail and these boards in the morning before school. thanks.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Slangston
My Inkzooka So Big!

They are reporting Biron for Gerber?

I think there's more to this as it doesn't make much sense. Guess we'll have to wait tomorrow.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

Ya gotta think Gerber would just be visiting for ohhh about 10 minutes.

They say Edmonton wants him bad.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:05 PM
cybresabre
Smooth as Marzette G

vCash: 1001
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
interesting, even if nothing falls through.
and yes, wednesdays are my busiest days school-wise.

well, we'll find out if anything happens or not.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Phew, good thing I don't have class on Wednesdays.

I can see something along the lines of Comrie + Gerber ending up in Buffalo, Biron to Edmonton base trade plus (maybe Afinogenov included?). On the otherhand this might be bunk too.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Slangston
My Inkzooka So Big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter
If it happens I think we see a four way deal. Sort of like this

Anahiem gets Biron, moves him on to Edmonton for Comrie,

Comrie Comes to Buffalo along with Hinote from Colorado.

Gerber and Afinogenov goes to Edmonton via Buffalo. Biron Moves from Edmonton to AVS.

Aves get Biron + prospect( from anahiem)
Edmonton gets Gerber and Afinogenov + Colorado Prospect(Boychuk?)
Buffalo gets Comrie and Hinote
Anahiem gets Tanguay and Boulton

Just a guess though.

Looks nice, but I'm not so sure that Colorado is willing to give up Tanguay. I guess that would depend on the prospect coming back their way.

A deal like this would force us to call up Miller (Possibly to start). Rochester would be stuck with Askey as their starter and I'm sure Amerks fans wouldn't be too thrilled about that. It'll be interesting to see how Darcy pulls off a deal involving Biron and/or Noronen.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:16 PM
cybresabre
Smooth as Marzette G

vCash: 1001
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
i'm doubting that comrie would end up here. if he did, then it'd seem we'd be coughing up a bit to get him.
of course, i was wrong once, so who knows?

Old
11-11-2003, 07:19 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre
i'm doubting that comrie would end up here. if he did, then it'd seem we'd be coughing up a bit to get him.
of course, i was wrong once, so who knows?
And I hope you're wrong again

Old
11-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

Here is an insane theory I came up with...similiar to what others have said and then put together in my head...

The Ducks have been doing a lot of talking with the Oilers for Comrie. But they can't get the deal done.

Maybe the Sabres are getting some of the chips from the Ducks to make a run at Comrie (okay..been said before).

But Biron to Anaheim makes no sense unless they deal him. They don't need him. The Aves are likely candidates.

I think Buffalo trades Biron to Anaheim for Gerber and change (Smirnov if we're lucky). Buffalo then sends Gerber, Afino or Connolly, and possibly a pick/prospect to Edmonton for Comrie. Anaheim strikes a deal sending JIGGY to Colorado and keeps Biron in their net. It makes sense to me. Jiggy is commanding a fortune and not playing well. Colorado wants a goalie with playoff experience. If I were Anaheim, I'd unload him while he's playing Jose Theodore. If I'm Colorado, I take a big fat chance on his rebounding and being the guy he was last year all the way to the Finals. Anaheim would be better this year for having Biron in the nets, too, as odd as that sound.

Eh, that's probably a long shot prediction, but it could work.

As for Comrie, I like it in terms of making the playoffs this year. But I don't like that Comrie...who will sign cheaply this year...will be asking for craploads down the road.

Luckily, Drury is locked up for four years. That was a smart move Darc.

Oh...and Comrie, Briere, and Drury would have to stand on eachother's head to change a light bulb on the ceiling.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Slangston
My Inkzooka So Big!

Comrie, definitely has top line skills. I'm just not so sure Comrie would fit on this team. Who would he play with? Would you play him down the middle or at wing? Hey, if we can get more goal scoring I'm all for it, but I'd rather have a rugged RH D-man and/or a hard nosed two-way forward.

Players with character is exactly what we need. This team needs leadership, and I'm not so sure we'd find that in Comrie. He looked awfully soft in last years playoffs.

We have quite a few Jigglypuff's on our roster as it is.

Ah, I'm starting to get tired.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Rhett4's idea is just crazy enough to work, but I doubt it.

Slangston, how does this look to you?

Pyatt-Drury-Satan
Kotalik-Comrie-Briere
Hecht/Botterill-Brown-Dumont
Peters-Mair-Boulton/Afinogenov

Some of this is based on who might be moved and who's not, of course. I know what the first complaint is going to be: size on the Comrie line. That could be defrayed a bit with Pyatt but I want to keep him with Drury. Kotalik gives some size but frankly Briere and Comrie both play bigger than their height/weight anyway. Additionally, Comrie and Kotalik are finishers, Briere's a set-up guy.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:38 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

Does anyone know if there is any textual confirmation online anywhere? I'd love to read whatever was said specifcally.

Times like these are always fun. I hope it's a big surprise and a dandy of a trade.

I'd rather get a tough defenseman or a center with actual size than Comrie, Gerber, Smirnov or whoever will likely end up here. But I don't see that happening with Anaheim. The only player I can think of that I'd really want from them is Mike Leclerc. He's be interesting.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:40 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007

Pyatt-Drury-Satan
Kotalik-Comrie-Briere

Some of this is based on who might be moved and who's not, of course. I know what the first complaint is going to be: size on the Comrie line. That could be defrayed a bit with Pyatt but I want to keep him with Drury. Kotalik gives some size but frankly Briere and Comrie both play bigger than their height/weight anyway. Additionally, Comrie and Kotalik are finishers, Briere's a set-up guy.
That does look mighty nice. In that case, Botts would get sent down and Afinogenov would probably be traded (to me, he's useless on the fourth line).

That would give us three legitimate scoring lines.

But I'm still not sold on Comrie (not to get waaaay too far ahead ourselves, haha).

Old
11-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
That does look mighty nice. In that case, Botts would get sent down and Afinogenov would probably be traded (to me, he's useless on the fourth line).

That would give us three legitimate scoring lines.

But I'm still not sold on Comrie (not to get waaaay too far ahead ourselves, haha).

I agree, frankly I seriously doubt Comrie coming this way, but it's nice to dream once in awhile. Botterill only holds a spot until Hecht is healthy (the weekend?) and I'd assume Regier tries to move Afinogenov in this deal.

Personally, I'd rather save the money on Comrie and replace Taylor with Roy on the 3rd line for a few games, just to see how that works out.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

Quote:
I agree, frankly I seriously doubt Comrie coming this way, but it's nice to dream once in awhile. Botterill only holds a spot until Hecht is healthy (the weekend?) and I'd assume Regier tries to move Afinogenov in this deal.

Personally, I'd rather save the money on Comrie and replace Taylor with Roy on the 3rd line for a few games, just to see how that works out.
I don't think money would be an issue with Comrie this year. Apparently, he's willing to sign really cheap once he gets traded. Something like 1.1 million or 1.3 million if I recall. But in a year he will be asking for about 4 million. We aren't exactly the type of team that has a 5 million dollar guy and 2 four million dollar guys. So this would hurt in the long run in terms of salary. I'd rather not rent Comrie for the short term...even though he could help an awful lot in reaching the playoffs.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Slangston
My Inkzooka So Big!

Quote:

Pyatt-Drury-Satan
Kotalik-Comrie-Briere

Actually those lines look decent. I'm definitely concerned about the size on the second line, that's for sure. As far as Max goes, he won't fit on the fourth line. I'm willing to ship him out for a player with size and grit. I really like Malhotra, he's been underused ever since he's been in the league IMO. The Rangers never gave him a chance to develop and Dallas isn't doing much with him. The funny thing is, whenever they insert him in the lineup, he makes things happen (From the little that I've seen him play.)

How about this...

Pyatt Drury Briere (Line's playing well)
Hecht Comrie Satan (Edmonton connection?)
Kotalik Brown Dumont
Malhotra Mair Boulton

Old
11-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

Quote:

Pyatt Drury Briere (Line's playing well)
Hecht Comrie Satan (Edmonton connection?)
Kotalik Brown Dumont
Malhotra Mair Boulton
Swap Boulton for Peters (I like this guy), and I think it'd work well. I think Malhotra could be interesting as well. He can play some hockey and be tough if he has to (somwhere between Mckee and Warrener (God bless his soul tough).

Old
11-11-2003, 08:24 PM
Slangston
My Inkzooka So Big!

I think that would be an annoying fourth line to play against. We could use Peters/Boulton sparingly, and if the opportunity allows us we can double shift JP or Satan to add a bit of a scoring punch. Dumont has earned my respect thus far. Giving him more ice time is a good thing.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
Here is an insane theory I came up with...similiar to what others have said and then put together in my head...

The Ducks have been doing a lot of talking with the Oilers for Comrie. But they can't get the deal done.

Maybe the Sabres are getting some of the chips from the Ducks to make a run at Comrie (okay..been said before).

But Biron to Anaheim makes no sense unless they deal him. They don't need him. The Aves are likely candidates.

I think Buffalo trades Biron to Anaheim for Gerber and change (Smirnov if we're lucky). Buffalo then sends Gerber, Afino or Connolly, and possibly a pick/prospect to Edmonton for Comrie. Anaheim strikes a deal sending JIGGY to Colorado and keeps Biron in their net. It makes sense to me. Jiggy is commanding a fortune and not playing well. Colorado wants a goalie with playoff experience. If I were Anaheim, I'd unload him while he's playing Jose Theodore. If I'm Colorado, I take a big fat chance on his rebounding and being the guy he was last year all the way to the Finals. Anaheim would be better this year for having Biron in the nets, too, as odd as that sound.

Eh, that's probably a long shot prediction, but it could work.

As for Comrie, I like it in terms of making the playoffs this year. But I don't like that Comrie...who will sign cheaply this year...will be asking for craploads down the road.

Luckily, Drury is locked up for four years. That was a smart move Darc.

Oh...and Comrie, Briere, and Drury would have to stand on eachother's head to change a light bulb on the ceiling.
LMAO!! what are u smoking? what ever it is, give me some. lol. Jiggy in case u havent noticed has played great lately. and the main reason is cause the heart of the duck's defense is back. (carney) Jiggy is seeing all the shots and stopping most of them.

about the trade first mentioned.. it looks good from a ducks point of view. but trust me the ducks would get comrie. maybe u guys would end up with tanguay, but the ducks are really looking for comrie. and they arent in a hurry to trade Gerber, he's arguably the best back up in the league. But hey i think they would rather trade him, then Lupul, who is looking GREAT. so if they have a chance to get comrie for only giving up gerber and some change, i dont think they will hesitate.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

[QUOTE=Duckstudd269]LMAO!! what are u smoking? what ever it is, give me some QUOTE]

Haven't you heard? Drugs are bad for you, dude.

Closed Thread