HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A line I want to see in St. Johns next year

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 08:13 PM
sluggo*

vCash: 500
A line I want to see in St. Johns next year

Given how we most likely won't see the Toronto Maple Leafs play, the St. Johns Maple Leafs will be the team a lot of Leaf fans start watching (and the Road Runners). Given how they are all playing so far this year (and assuming they keep it up and earn a spot on the St. Johns roster) a line I want to see on the Rock next year is - Sagat/Steen/Williams. The big 6'3 powerfoward on the left wing. The playmaker down the middle. And the sniper on the right wing. Sagat and Williams clicked really well at the Kitchener camp this year, hopefully they would click again in St. Johns (and I don't see why they wouldn't). You put a good playmaker, and generally all-round player between them and you have the potential for an offensively explosive line.

Old
11-11-2003, 10:01 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo
Given how we most likely won't see the Toronto Maple Leafs play, the St. Johns Maple Leafs will be the team a lot of Leaf fans start watching (and the Road Runners). Given how they are all playing so far this year (and assuming they keep it up and earn a spot on the St. Johns roster) a line I want to see on the Rock next year is - Sagat/Steen/Williams. The big 6'3 powerfoward on the left wing. The playmaker down the middle. And the sniper on the right wing. Sagat and Williams clicked really well at the Kitchener camp this year, hopefully they would click again in St. Johns (and I don't see why they wouldn't). You put a good playmaker, and generally all-round player between them and you have the potential for an offensively explosive line.
sluggo.......

That's if Toronto doesn't trade any of these 3 first.........If they do trade away any of these 3 guys, hopefully it will not be in exchange for some damaged goods like we got in Owen Nolan when we traded away both Boyes and McCauley to San Jose....along with a draft pick too.

monkey_00

Old
11-11-2003, 10:56 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo
I don't ever think you will see Steen in the AHL... I think its SEL Swedish Elite League or NHL.. but you can dream..

Old
11-12-2003, 01:16 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
I don't ever think you will see Steen in the AHL... I think its SEL Swedish Elite League or NHL.. but you can dream..
I agree.

Old
11-12-2003, 01:51 AM
leafaholix*

You seem to have an obsession with a Steen/Williams combo. I doubt we ever get to see them play together on a regular basis. Steen'll make the jump to North America when he's ready to play in the NHL, and Williams may never make the NHL.

Old
11-12-2003, 05:58 AM
sluggo*

"I don't ever think you will see Steen in the AHL... I think its SEL Swedish Elite League or NHL.. but you can dream"

I think he'll be in the AHL next year for several reasons. First a couple of the Leafs coachs and players said he was good enough to make the team this year after seeing him practice with the team, which probably means if there is a season next year they'll bring him to camp. If there isn't they'll put him in the AHL. First to play with some of the guys he'll play with the NHL, second to get used to the NA style of play and third if the strike is resolved in the middle of the year they can get him to Toronto from St. Johns much easier then they can from the SEL. If he plays there is team may want to him to sign another contract. Had he not played so well they'd probably have left him there, but because he did they'll want to see him over here.

Old
11-12-2003, 06:06 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Should be exciting to see this line also. I like the way Kyle Wellwood has been playing so far this season and looks to be fitting in nicely Sagat, Steen, and Williams will all be welcome additions to the Baby leafs as the leefs beed some offencive help upfront. Though I am not really sure if Steen would come to play for the baby leafs or stay with his Sweed team that's kinda in the air though I would hope he would come over and play in NA so we could get a better look at the kid..

Old
11-12-2003, 06:24 AM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
sluggo.......

That's if Toronto doesn't trade any of these 3 first.........If they do trade away any of these 3 guys, hopefully it will not be in exchange for some damaged goods like we got in Owen Nolan when we traded away both Boyes and McCauley to San Jose....along with a draft pick too.

monkey_00
Thank you, Mr. Non Sequitur.

Closed Thread