HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nhl 07 Omg Omg!!!

Old
07-25-2006, 10:02 AM
True_Canadiens

vCash: 500
Nhl 07 Omg Omg!!!

It was post on the leafs board. Look at that. AMAZING

NHL 07 13 Minute Demo Session -- http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...11452&q=NHL+07

NHL 07 HD Gameplay Video -- http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...11920&type=wmv

True_Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 10:17 AM
LeHab

features > graphics.

Is EA going again to take away useful features in this release so they can reintroduce them in another version and claim improvement?

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 10:22 AM
True_Canadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1 View Post
features > graphics.

Is EA going again to take away useful features in this release so they can reintroduce them in another version and claim improvement?
You see the gameplay. Awesome

True_Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 10:39 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Canadiens View Post

Gameplay is all fine and dandy but EA has butchered the features of all their Next Gen games (Xbox 360 for example) because supposedly they didn't have time to incorporate those in their first next gen releases.

For example, the regular Xbox version of NCAA 2007 has a LOT more features than the REALLY stripped down Xbox 360 version. Graphics and gameplay only get you so far IMO. How can you justify that the old version of the game has a lot more features than the new one? Ridiculous.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Gameplay is all fine and dandy but EA has butchered the features of all their Next Gen games (Xbox 360 for example) because supposedly they didn't have time to incorporate those in their first next gen releases.

For example, the regular Xbox version of NCAA 2007 has a LOT more features than the REALLY stripped down Xbox 360 version. Graphics and gameplay only get you so far IMO. How can you justify that the old version of the game has a lot more features than the new one? Ridiculous.
NHL has more stuff next gen than they do current gen in terms of features because EA Vancouver is exclusively working on next gen while EA Montreal was doing current gen, so all the resources were used there.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Canadiens View Post
Seeing <> playing. EA is notorious for putting pretty graphics on shallow sports games, especially hockey. We're well past the "fool me twice, shame on me" part -- it's something like "fool me ten times, I need therapy."

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 12:23 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post

That is the reason they did not come out with the game last season for current Gen becauase they did not want to release a game that had restriction, which I think is a good idea. Look at how Madden got trashed because of it.

They have been working on this one for some time now I really think that it will be a much better game than the rest. The players are more agile, especially the goalies which will be such an improvement because they will be able to make those ni ce saves.

I know it isn't out yet but I do have a good feeling about this one.

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 03:40 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledemers View Post
That is the reason they did not come out with the game last season for current Gen becauase they did not want to release a game that had restriction, which I think is a good idea. Look at how Madden got trashed because of it.

They have been working on this one for some time now I really think that it will be a much better game than the rest. The players are more agile, especially the goalies which will be such an improvement because they will be able to make those ni ce saves.

I know it isn't out yet but I do have a good feeling about this one.
I want NHL 2K7. I personally think that the series has been much better than EA thus far.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Avant-Gardien

Lovely, as far as I can tell, the Current Gen game, which is all I can get on my PC, is essentially a roster update. Way to go EA!

Avant-Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 04:15 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I want NHL 2K7. I personally think that the series has been much better than EA thus far.
2k6 was probably one of the worst hockey games i ever played what a disapointment to the series

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 04:15 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1 View Post
features > graphics.

The new controler scheme is nothing short of amazing if it works as well as it looks like. I'm really impressed.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 04:17 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhollah Khomeini View Post
Lovely, as far as I can tell, the Current Gen game, which is all I can get on my PC, is essentially a roster update. Way to go EA!
New controler scheme (dual analog, no more buttons except the 2 triggers) , goalies have to physicaly freeze the puck, players can face the play while controling the puck ( a defensement skating backwards while controling the puck) etc...etc...

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 04:18 PM
The CUBE

I played the 2K6 on 360 and it was brutal.

I have always been a EA fan , but I seriously think that EA will be much better this year especially since they have built form scratch.

If you look at 2K7, it really doesn't look promissing at all.

Old
07-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
I played the 2K6 on 360 and it was brutal.

I have always been a EA fan , but I seriously think that EA will be much better this year especially since they have built form scratch.

If you look at 2K7, it really doesn't look promissing at all.
I agree with all of this.

2k7 looks exactly like current gen 2k6...

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 05:05 PM
bayrider

will the Xbox 360 engine be available for PC/PS2-3 for 2008?

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 05:13 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
will the Xbox 360 engine be available for PC/PS2-3 for 2008?
I know that they are not sure if they will release it for the PS3, especially since the date keeps on getting moved back.

the engine will be pretty much the same (maybe a few minor tweeks) but the big difference will be the graphics anf fluidity.

Old
07-25-2006, 05:25 PM
bayrider

Well I heard that for 2007, PC and PS2 will be getting the same game as NHL 2006 but modified/upgraded a bit. I think the Xbox 360 NHL 2007 version is a completely different engine than 2006 isnt it?

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Anthony P

And this is why most people started downloading games off the internet (referring to EA Sports NHL 2006)... the games are just so brutal that it's just wrong to get screwed out of 60$ (although 06 was $30) and not be allowed to return it (PC)....

Luckily it was only $30 I blew.... if it were any more, I would have been seriously upset....

Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 05:40 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
And this is why most people started downloading games off the internet (referring to EA Sports NHL 2006)... the games are just so brutal that it's just wrong to get screwed out of 60$ (although 06 was $30) and not be allowed to return it (PC)....

Luckily it was only $30 I blew.... if it were any more, I would have been seriously upset....
In France, games cost usually 60-70 Euros.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 06:18 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
I know that they are not sure if they will release it for the PS3, especially since the date keeps on getting moved back.

the engine will be pretty much the same (maybe a few minor tweeks) but the big difference will be the graphics anf fluidity.
no ps3 release for nhl 2007

YEMELIN74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Jayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
In France, games cost usually 60-70 Euros.
In what parts of France? Nantes or Marseille?

Seriously, I've never seen a game sold over 60 euros, so when you mention they USUALLY cost from 60 to 70?? Then again, I only buy a few games a year. So I did a quick check on Amazon.fr and the most expensive one I could find was at 61 euros, so 60-70 as the norm is not an accurate statement.

You must have some blood from Marseille

Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote