HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should replace Keenan?

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 05:49 AM
wint

vCash: 500
Who should replace Keenan?

Dudley is taking over as interim coach. But assuming he steps down after the Panthers conduct a coach search, who should be behind the bench?

My pick: Larry Robinson. Hall of fame defenseman who coached Jersey to a cup. He's considered one of the best "teaching coaches" in the game. He turned down the Rangers job because he was looking for a good atmosphere. He'll get the chance to work with great young defensemen here in Bouwmeester, Krajicek, Mezei, Van Ryn, Lilja and Novak. Seems like a perfect fit.

BRING IN LARRY!

Old
11-09-2003, 06:00 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Larry Robinson

Who Dudley will pick..

One of his friends: Steve Ludzik, John Tortonella ?

Old
11-09-2003, 06:40 AM
PanthersRule96

Not Robinson, Torchetti because he is great with player development and familiar with the minor league players and the ones in the NHL so he knows how to use them.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:46 AM
randy1

coach

Kitchener Ranger coach Pete Deboer!!!

Old
11-09-2003, 06:56 AM
Lloyd Braun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Not Robinson, Tortorella because he is great with player development and familiar with the minor league players and the ones in the NHL so he knows how to use them.
Tortorella is under contract with Tampa Bay. Do you mean Torchetti?

Old
11-09-2003, 07:08 AM
evildreams

vCash:
jack mckeon!

Old
11-09-2003, 07:59 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun
Tortorella is under contract with Tampa Bay. Do you mean Torchetti?
Yes, my bad.. always mix up those two for some reason

Old
11-09-2003, 08:03 AM
m2k2p

Ted Nolan

Old
11-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Crossbar

Article on Larry Robinson

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0626/1573126.html

"Robinson said he's interested in coaching in the NHL, but would prefer a younger team rather than a team composed mainly of veterans, like the Rangers. "I just didn't feel comfortable going there,'' Robinson said. "I enjoy teaching. I don't know if you can always teach old dogs new tricks, it was more of a gut feeling than anything else."

Old
11-09-2003, 08:27 AM
Remax

I think that Ted Nolan would be the smart choice. Great coach who took a nobody Sabres team way farther than they should have go to the cup finals. Was named coach of the year and was then fired because he didn't put up with Hasek's complaining. I also think that Peter DeBoer would be great, not only because that would give the Panthers two people from Dunnville on their club, but I have also had him as an instructor in hockey school and he got along great with all of the players and really knew what he was talking about.

Old
11-09-2003, 08:38 AM
m2k2p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Article on Larry Robinson

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0626/1573126.html

"Robinson said he's interested in coaching in the NHL, but would prefer a younger team rather than a team composed mainly of veterans, like the Rangers. "I just didn't feel comfortable going there,'' Robinson said. "I enjoy teaching. I don't know if you can always teach old dogs new tricks, it was more of a gut feeling than anything else."
Robinson would be a great choice as well, especially at teaching our young Defense.

Old
11-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Preds

Jacques Demers

Old
11-09-2003, 09:25 AM
OpinionatedMike

Simple Answer: Look at San Antonio

Old
11-09-2003, 09:57 AM
PUCKBOY99

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
jack mckeon!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Or Dave Wannstedt...he should be out a job soon!!

Another vote for the guy in San Antonio!

or Ted Nolan

or Larry Robinson

or anyone but Mike Keenan!!! SEE YA', JERK!!!!

Old
11-09-2003, 09:58 AM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax
I think that Ted Nolan would be the smart choice. Great coach who took a nobody Sabres team way farther than they should have go to the cup finals. Was named coach of the year and was then fired because he didn't put up with Hasek's complaining. I also think that Peter DeBoer would be great, not only because that would give the Panthers two people from Dunnville on their club, but I have also had him as an instructor in hockey school and he got along great with all of the players and really knew what he was talking about.
Oh stop it. Ted Nolan's name always comes up when coaches are fired, and he never gets hired. Please let him be.
Personally, I don't think that Peter DeBoer is going anywhere for the time being. He loves Kitchener and he loves his team. It would take a significantly incredible offer to get him out of Kitchener. I also don't think he'd be the type of guy to just leave his team in the middle of the season, especially his defending championship team.

Old
11-09-2003, 11:51 AM
evildreams

vCash:
constantine, anyone?

Old
11-09-2003, 11:52 AM
Clash*

While Steve Ludzik has NHL experience and is doin a wonderful job in San Antonio, John "Torch" Torchetti did about as remarable job last year without the quality of prospects. No Nederost, Weiss, Taticek, Campbell, Krajicek, Goren, or McNeill. He had Dagenais, Tetarenko, Thompson, Campbell, Toms, and Morrisette to compliment Novak, Kolnik, Payer and not much else. He brought them, as an expansion team, to the AHL playoffs. While I'm a;so for Ludzik, give Torch a shot as well.

Old
11-09-2003, 12:58 PM
I am Jack's Fish

Send a message via AIM to I am Jack's Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
While Steve Ludzik has NHL experience and is doin a wonderful job in San Antonio, John "Torch" Torchetti did about as remarable job last year without the quality of prospects. No Nederost, Weiss, Taticek, Campbell, Krajicek, Goren, or McNeill. He had Dagenais, Tetarenko, Thompson, Campbell, Toms, and Morrisette to compliment Novak, Kolnik, Payer and not much else. He brought them, as an expansion team, to the AHL playoffs. While I'm a;so for Ludzik, give Torch a shot as well.
Dont know Ludzik personally, but I will say that John Torchetti is simply a class act that has the experience and the mentality to be a coach and a teacher for this young panthers squad. Which means of course, he won't get the job.

Old
11-09-2003, 01:03 PM
FlaPanthers7

I'm all about hiring from within, meaning Torchetti, but I wouldn't mind seeing Robinson either. This team needs a teaching coach, and right now Larry is the more proven at the NHL level. I love what Torch did with the Rampage though, and I wouldn't shake my head twice if he got the job.

I'm just so happy Keenan is OUT!

Old
11-09-2003, 01:05 PM
GudVibransons

Barry Melrose

Old
11-09-2003, 01:24 PM
OpinionatedMike

I was lucky enough to work fairly close with Steve. He is a fantastic guy. So very nice. I've also heard his ideas on the trap, and working the younger players, he won't take crap with anyone, he also likes the idea of the trap but feels it's beatable. I feel he'll be a very good head coach, but I'm not sure if Florida has the makeup of a team he'd suit.

Old
11-09-2003, 04:11 PM
Donga

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
constantine, anyone?
I agree ED. Constantine is someone I wouldn't mine.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:10 PM
PanthersRule96

A boring defensive oriented team is not the style and makeup of this team. The panthers should be dynamic with scoring and let the defense and Roberto take care of the rest. Huselius IMO will lead the team in points this year and I think he will break out big time with Mike gone. Huselius's best hockey came right when he came in and I think that was under Sutter. He was like the rookie of the month and played great. He will be much better. You heard it first here.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:34 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

I also vote for Kevin Constantine

Old
11-09-2003, 06:09 PM
MoeHowardDavid

Someone should set up a poll.

Closed Thread