HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should replace Keenan?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2003, 05:49 AM
  #1
wint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inside
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Who should replace Keenan?

Dudley is taking over as interim coach. But assuming he steps down after the Panthers conduct a coach search, who should be behind the bench?

My pick: Larry Robinson. Hall of fame defenseman who coached Jersey to a cup. He's considered one of the best "teaching coaches" in the game. He turned down the Rangers job because he was looking for a good atmosphere. He'll get the chance to work with great young defensemen here in Bouwmeester, Krajicek, Mezei, Van Ryn, Lilja and Novak. Seems like a perfect fit.

BRING IN LARRY!

wint is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 06:00 AM
  #2
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,989
vCash: 813
Larry Robinson

Who Dudley will pick..

One of his friends: Steve Ludzik, John Tortonella ?

Mogo is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 06:40 AM
  #3
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,030
vCash: 500
Not Robinson, Torchetti because he is great with player development and familiar with the minor league players and the ones in the NHL so he knows how to use them.

PanthersRule96 is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 06:46 AM
  #4
randy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: kitchener
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
coach

Kitchener Ranger coach Pete Deboer!!!

randy1 is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 06:56 AM
  #5
Lloyd Braun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Frank Costanza's Garage
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Not Robinson, Tortorella because he is great with player development and familiar with the minor league players and the ones in the NHL so he knows how to use them.
Tortorella is under contract with Tampa Bay. Do you mean Torchetti?

Lloyd Braun is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 07:08 AM
  #6
evildreams
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
jack mckeon!

 
Old
11-09-2003, 07:59 AM
  #7
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,989
vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun
Tortorella is under contract with Tampa Bay. Do you mean Torchetti?
Yes, my bad.. always mix up those two for some reason

Mogo is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 08:03 AM
  #8
m2k2p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Ted Nolan

m2k2p is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 08:25 AM
  #9
Crossbar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 48" above the ice
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Article on Larry Robinson

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0626/1573126.html

"Robinson said he's interested in coaching in the NHL, but would prefer a younger team rather than a team composed mainly of veterans, like the Rangers. "I just didn't feel comfortable going there,'' Robinson said. "I enjoy teaching. I don't know if you can always teach old dogs new tricks, it was more of a gut feeling than anything else."

Crossbar is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 08:27 AM
  #10
Remax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
I think that Ted Nolan would be the smart choice. Great coach who took a nobody Sabres team way farther than they should have go to the cup finals. Was named coach of the year and was then fired because he didn't put up with Hasek's complaining. I also think that Peter DeBoer would be great, not only because that would give the Panthers two people from Dunnville on their club, but I have also had him as an instructor in hockey school and he got along great with all of the players and really knew what he was talking about.

Remax is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 08:38 AM
  #11
m2k2p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Article on Larry Robinson

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0626/1573126.html

"Robinson said he's interested in coaching in the NHL, but would prefer a younger team rather than a team composed mainly of veterans, like the Rangers. "I just didn't feel comfortable going there,'' Robinson said. "I enjoy teaching. I don't know if you can always teach old dogs new tricks, it was more of a gut feeling than anything else."
Robinson would be a great choice as well, especially at teaching our young Defense.

m2k2p is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 09:25 AM
  #12
Preds
Registered User
 
Preds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Jacques Demers

Preds is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 09:25 AM
  #13
OpinionatedMike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
Simple Answer: Look at San Antonio

OpinionatedMike is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 09:57 AM
  #14
PUCKBOY99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: WEST PALM BEACH, FL
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
jack mckeon!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Or Dave Wannstedt...he should be out a job soon!!

Another vote for the guy in San Antonio!

or Ted Nolan

or Larry Robinson

or anyone but Mike Keenan!!! SEE YA', JERK!!!!

PUCKBOY99 is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 09:58 AM
  #15
King of Stankonia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: aka Kubina_Fan Blues fan in Ontario loving Calgary
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax
I think that Ted Nolan would be the smart choice. Great coach who took a nobody Sabres team way farther than they should have go to the cup finals. Was named coach of the year and was then fired because he didn't put up with Hasek's complaining. I also think that Peter DeBoer would be great, not only because that would give the Panthers two people from Dunnville on their club, but I have also had him as an instructor in hockey school and he got along great with all of the players and really knew what he was talking about.
Oh stop it. Ted Nolan's name always comes up when coaches are fired, and he never gets hired. Please let him be.
Personally, I don't think that Peter DeBoer is going anywhere for the time being. He loves Kitchener and he loves his team. It would take a significantly incredible offer to get him out of Kitchener. I also don't think he'd be the type of guy to just leave his team in the middle of the season, especially his defending championship team.

King of Stankonia is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 11:51 AM
  #16
evildreams
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
constantine, anyone?

 
Old
11-09-2003, 11:52 AM
  #17
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
While Steve Ludzik has NHL experience and is doin a wonderful job in San Antonio, John "Torch" Torchetti did about as remarable job last year without the quality of prospects. No Nederost, Weiss, Taticek, Campbell, Krajicek, Goren, or McNeill. He had Dagenais, Tetarenko, Thompson, Campbell, Toms, and Morrisette to compliment Novak, Kolnik, Payer and not much else. He brought them, as an expansion team, to the AHL playoffs. While I'm a;so for Ludzik, give Torch a shot as well.

Clash* is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 12:58 PM
  #18
I am Jack's Fish
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 6,466
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to I am Jack's Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
While Steve Ludzik has NHL experience and is doin a wonderful job in San Antonio, John "Torch" Torchetti did about as remarable job last year without the quality of prospects. No Nederost, Weiss, Taticek, Campbell, Krajicek, Goren, or McNeill. He had Dagenais, Tetarenko, Thompson, Campbell, Toms, and Morrisette to compliment Novak, Kolnik, Payer and not much else. He brought them, as an expansion team, to the AHL playoffs. While I'm a;so for Ludzik, give Torch a shot as well.
Dont know Ludzik personally, but I will say that John Torchetti is simply a class act that has the experience and the mentality to be a coach and a teacher for this young panthers squad. Which means of course, he won't get the job.

I am Jack's Fish is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 01:03 PM
  #19
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
I'm all about hiring from within, meaning Torchetti, but I wouldn't mind seeing Robinson either. This team needs a teaching coach, and right now Larry is the more proven at the NHL level. I love what Torch did with the Rampage though, and I wouldn't shake my head twice if he got the job.

I'm just so happy Keenan is OUT!

FlaPanthers7 is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 01:05 PM
  #20
GudVibransons
Registered User
 
GudVibransons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Orlando
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
Barry Melrose

GudVibransons is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 01:24 PM
  #21
OpinionatedMike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
I was lucky enough to work fairly close with Steve. He is a fantastic guy. So very nice. I've also heard his ideas on the trap, and working the younger players, he won't take crap with anyone, he also likes the idea of the trap but feels it's beatable. I feel he'll be a very good head coach, but I'm not sure if Florida has the makeup of a team he'd suit.

OpinionatedMike is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 04:11 PM
  #22
Donga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
constantine, anyone?
I agree ED. Constantine is someone I wouldn't mine.

Donga is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 05:10 PM
  #23
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,030
vCash: 500
A boring defensive oriented team is not the style and makeup of this team. The panthers should be dynamic with scoring and let the defense and Roberto take care of the rest. Huselius IMO will lead the team in points this year and I think he will break out big time with Mike gone. Huselius's best hockey came right when he came in and I think that was under Sutter. He was like the rookie of the month and played great. He will be much better. You heard it first here.

PanthersRule96 is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 05:34 PM
  #24
RCGP
Go Panthers
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
I also vote for Kevin Constantine

RCGP is offline  
Old
11-09-2003, 06:09 PM
  #25
MoeHowardDavid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Someone should set up a poll.

MoeHowardDavid is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.