HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

did anyone else hear this?

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 06:15 AM
Mr Sakich

vCash: 500
did anyone else hear this?

from today's spectors

My thanks to "Jack Danger" for the following on Mike Comrie: "I was watching the Rangers-Oiler game last night and John Davidson said that he spoke to Kevin Lowe earlier that day and that Kevin Lowe said when they get back to Edmonton he is going to sit down and try one more time with Mike Comrie to see if he will return to Edmonton."

IMO, John Davidson is one the truly "plugged in " guys in the nhl. Him and Bob Mackenzie seem to be the ones with the best info.

Old
11-12-2003, 06:21 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
This means 1 of 2 things...

Lowe has found a deal that he likes, but would rather have Comrie back.

Lowe hasn't found anything he likes.

Old
11-12-2003, 06:30 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
interesting. I'm kind of in the middle with Davidson. He's an above average analyst I guess. But what he's saying is sensible and is also ends with reasonable conclusions (Lowe has found something but wants Comrie more, or Lowe hasn't found sqwat).

Old
11-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Oiltalk

Hopefully something happens. The Oilers are simply horrid in the faceoff dot.

Old
11-12-2003, 06:46 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

I forget where I saw it or who mentioned it, but they said the Oilers should go after Draper and Fischer for Comrie. They won't get Fischer with out including a guy like Semenov, but I think something like this could work:

Draper, Datsyuk
for
Comrie, Rita, Pisani

Draper would be able to step in on the third line and allow Reasoner to play top six minutes. Draper and Reasoner would give us the best 1-2 punch of defensive centers in the league. Having a PK with the Reasoner-Moreau unit and then Draper and say Dvorak would be highly succesful IMO. Our lineup would be:

Smyth-Reasoner-Hemsky
York-Datsyuk-Dvorak
Moreau-Draper-Torres
Isbister-Horcoff-Laraque

To me that is a BIG improvement. It doesn't add much offense, but that's not what our team needs. We need some defense. Torres could and would adjust to the rigth side with some patience, and have Datsyuk would allow York to go to left wing. If a person wanted you could even out the scoring and leave Torres on the second line and put Datsyuk on third line right wing. As for the wings, they'd be getting their number one center in Comrie- they'd have to do a little bit of tinkering to create a new bases for a grind line - but I think it would be beneficial to them in both the short and long term.

Old
11-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Oiltalk

I wouldn't give up Pisani and Rita for Draper.

Old
11-12-2003, 06:58 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
I wouldn't give up Pisani and Rita for Draper.
Draper is a proven Veteran. One of the top 5 third line centers in the NHL. He's a key part to the Wings success in the last few years. I do agree that when you brake it down and it looks like a Pisani and Rita for Draper it seems like an over-payment. Perhaps we could give them Winchsters and a third? or the could include a second (doubt they friggin have any though, lol)

Old
11-12-2003, 08:17 AM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Draper is a proven Veteran. One of the top 5 third line centers in the NHL. He's a key part to the Wings success in the last few years. I do agree that when you brake it down and it looks like a Pisani and Rita for Draper it seems like an over-payment. Perhaps we could give them Winchsters and a third? or the could include a second (doubt they friggin have any though, lol)
I would consider Pisani and Rita for Draper if he wasn't so close to UFA age. You're forgetting, thome, that salary and contract issues drive trades for players like Draper. And I believe he is only a year or two away. This makes him not worth very much. Also, he is worth more to Detroit than the prospect or pick they would get for him.

Old
11-12-2003, 09:11 AM
Walsher

I hope that this is true from Davidson because to me it would go a long way to possibly bringing Comrie back. Who knows maybe they can clear up some misunderstandings and get past the childishness. Also maybe Sathers message to Comrie and Winter hit home - that being to shut up and take what Lowe is offering. Even though everyone is ripping Comrie I have yet to see a trade that would provide equal value coming back to Edmonton. By value I mean present times available to help this team. Frankly that is what I am concerned with.

Old
11-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Cawz

Lowe has apent at least 2 months trying to move him, its obvious he isnt getting what he wants from the other teams.

Hopefully he sits Comrie down and tells him there is a chance he wont play for 2 years, because he is not going to trade him unless its a good deal to make, and that good deal just isnt materializing. We're not getting Coburn, and Stefan isn't worth Comrie. Hopefully they both bite the bullet and strike a deal.

I totally thought this would be done by training camp, then I thought by the beginning of the season, then by 10 games in. This totally sucks for us fans.

Old
11-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Mr Sakich

ding ding ding

I think I just figured out Lowe's comments. He is going to talk to Comrie UNLESS someone offers him something good before the end of the road trip. If you are another GM, there has just been a deadline issued to you so you better make your best offer NOW.

Old
11-12-2003, 01:17 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
ding ding ding

I think I just figured out Lowe's comments. He is going to talk to Comrie UNLESS someone offers him something good before the end of the road trip. If you are another GM, there has just been a deadline issued to you so you better make your best offer NOW.
If I'm another GM I'm thinking make my best offer now or you're going to do what? You're going to talk to Mike? You're going to sit Mike? Why do I care? I'll talk to you after your "deadline" when your asking price is even lower.

If Lowe has been talking to other GMs for months as has been suggested in other posts I doubt that the threat of talking to Mike will garner anything other than guffaws.

Having stated my opinion I'm sure I must have missed your sarcastic smilie.

Old
11-12-2003, 05:27 PM
Oi'll say!

I don't know if Mike has talked himself into a corner here. Can he really sign here now and maintain his dignity?

Old
11-12-2003, 05:29 PM
outKast*

If Comrie does sign, let him play till the trade deadline, then trade him. Could be a really good move by Lowe

Old
11-13-2003, 12:16 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i think Mike can still play here if he does well and the fans get off his back, the earlier the better

Old
11-13-2003, 12:43 AM
gretzky2kurri

MC is done here.

Old
11-13-2003, 12:53 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
MC is done here.
I agree. Comrie resigning will as shocking as anything of value they get in any deal.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:19 AM
Hemmer

MC resigning is as likely as us getting Kovalchuk for Horcoff.

Closed Thread