HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 10 Active Russian Defenders?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2015, 12:16 PM
  #1
Ayvengo96
Registered User
 
Ayvengo96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Top 10 Active Russian Defenders?

What do you guys think are the best Active defenders?
I like Zaitsev alot and wanted to see where he ranks...

Ayvengo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2015, 08:38 AM
  #2
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
That's actually a tough one, 'cause yes, the russian D isn't top notch. too many middle of the pack guys. I wouldn't know whom to put on top. Well I say we have:

OD(spare me from the Koltsov argument please. yes, he scores a lot):

1.Markov (and that's bad, because he's getting old and actually was good defensively in the past. not anymore)

2.Koltsov (happy, Salavat fans?)

3.Gonch(like Markov hasn't the legs to play his defensive style anymore- and is 100 years old)

4.call God! let him send us some more D-men.

DD:

1.Yemelin(who else? if only this hardass Therien would finally let him play some offence. it's not Yemelin's fault their other defencemen just suck at defence, including P.K.)

2.Volchenkov

Guys who actually can do it all:

1.Nikulin(not a homer pick)

2.Voynov(the Olympics have shown he's not ready to lead. the role behind Doughty has made him too complacent in that department)

3.Zaytsev(playing up to potential this season)

4.Mironov(under the radar because of injuries)

5.Chudinov(has become a tough hitter too. his offence is needed less with SKA, but he's very well capable)

6.Tyutin(just an overall steady guy)

The important part is: Nesterov looks really good, Zadorov is a future superstar and there are several other youngsters who could finally push the aging stars off the roster.

So right now Russia's D should look like that:

Markov
Nikulin
Voynov
Yemelin
Zaytsev
Chudinov
Mironov
Tyutin
Koltsov

In 3 years though:

Voynov
Yemelin
Zadorov
Zaytsev
Chudinov
Mironov
Nesterov
Provorov


Last edited by Atas2000: 01-20-2015 at 01:59 AM.
Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2015, 02:30 PM
  #3
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,688
vCash: 500
It's ugly, no matter how you slice it.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2015, 02:01 AM
  #4
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
It's ugly, no matter how you slice it.
Not, if you look at the near future. Right now it is ugly. A number of aging guys steadily regressing and the youngsters being too young still.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 12:32 AM
  #5
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Not, if you look at the near future. Right now it is ugly. A number of aging guys steadily regressing and the youngsters being too young still.
Agreed about this. Things will improve, but we're in the middle of a tough going.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 06:45 AM
  #6
Habs76
Registered User
 
Habs76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 500
Whaaattt??? Markov hasn't slowed down and is our best player at defense. Emelin has regressed recently, although I agree with your description of The reign and how Gonchar has gotten older. Gonchar & Markov can still contribute a lot with their smarts.

Habs76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 11:54 AM
  #7
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Not a good year for our defenders: while Markov and Gonchar are fine (still not getting any younger), but considering Voynov and Orlov situations and Yemelin's regress I can't even think of a possible Top10.

On a positive side there are still some promising defensive prospects (Zadorov, Zaitsev, Nesterov, Marchenko, Antipin, Pivtsakin, Yakovlev, Rukavishnikov, Mironov, Provorov, Gavrikov), so the future looks kind of hopeful.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 05:09 PM
  #8
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs76 View Post
Whaaattt??? Markov hasn't slowed down and is our best player at defense. Emelin has regressed recently, although I agree with your description of The reign and how Gonchar has gotten older. Gonchar & Markov can still contribute a lot with their smarts.
Markov 2015 vs Markov 2008 really?

And Yemelin hasn't regeressed. Your dumbass of a coach can't progress to a thought how to build proper pairings and has no idea of Yemelin's capabilities. And your fanbase is full of ppl who throw players under the bus for no reason. Yemelin is what your D is built around. Not because he's the best, but because nobody else at the moment can fill those gaps. Take him out and your D looks awful. You should be thankful you have him. You stomp on him instead. There are more than 15 teams probably who would gladly take him off your hands if he has "regressed".

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2015, 05:13 PM
  #9
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Not a good year for our defenders: while Markov and Gonchar are fine (still not getting any younger), but considering Voynov and Orlov situations and Yemelin's regress I can't even think of a possible Top10.

On a positive side there are still some promising defensive prospects (Zadorov, Zaitsev, Nesterov, Marchenko, Antipin, Pivtsakin, Yakovlev, Rukavishnikov, Mironov, Provorov, Gavrikov), so the future looks kind of hopeful.
Oh thanks for reminding me of Orlov. That bad injury has taken him out for so long I forgot about him. Shame on me.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2015, 12:31 PM
  #10
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Kulikov will be top 4 dman in Russia by the time the next Olympics roll around. Easy to forget that he's only 24 since by the end of the year he has already 400 NHL games played! He has been plagued by being on bad teams but now that Florida is on the upswing watch his game progress in the next few seasons. He is already the longest tenured Panther and 2nd in minutes on the team. Not physical but effectively defensively and super smart with the puck. Him and Eklbad are going to be anchors on that team for a long time.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2015, 09:58 PM
  #11
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Kulikov will be top 4 dman in Russia by the time the next Olympics roll around. Easy to forget that he's only 24 since by the end of the year he has already 400 NHL games played! He has been plagued by being on bad teams but now that Florida is on the upswing watch his game progress in the next few seasons. He is already the longest tenured Panther and 2nd in minutes on the team. Not physical but effectively defensively and super smart with the puck. Him and Eklbad are going to be anchors on that team for a long time.
I doubt his attitude. And Ekblad is on the same bad team, remember?

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2015, 02:06 PM
  #12
jka*
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Olofström
Country: Sweden
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
That's actually a tough one, 'cause yes, the russian D isn't top notch. too many middle of the pack guys. I wouldn't know whom to put on top. Well I say we have:

OD(spare me from the Koltsov argument please. yes, he scores a lot):

1.Markov (and that's bad, because he's getting old and actually was good defensively in the past. not anymore)

2.Koltsov (happy, Salavat fans?)

3.Gonch(like Markov hasn't the legs to play his defensive style anymore- and is 100 years old)

4.call God! let him send us some more D-men.

DD:

1.Yemelin(who else? if only this hardass Therien would finally let him play some offence. it's not Yemelin's fault their other defencemen just suck at defence, including P.K.)

2.Volchenkov

Guys who actually can do it all:

1.Nikulin(not a homer pick)

2.Voynov(the Olympics have shown he's not ready to lead. the role behind Doughty has made him too complacent in that department)

3.Zaytsev(playing up to potential this season)

4.Mironov(under the radar because of injuries)

5.Chudinov(has become a tough hitter too. his offence is needed less with SKA, but he's very well capable)

6.Tyutin(just an overall steady guy)

The important part is: Nesterov looks really good, Zadorov is a future superstar and there are several other youngsters who could finally push the aging stars off the roster.
In black colour is best in russian team.

Next World Cup 2016 and Olympics in 2018, 2022 and 2026.

jka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2015, 12:25 PM
  #13
Seattle Slewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Top NHL scorer among all active d-men is Gonchar. Not what he used to be, but still formidable. Good guy, too.

Seattle Slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2015, 01:11 PM
  #14
jka*
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Olofström
Country: Sweden
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Gonchar is best after Fetisov in Russia all time but he is ending career after this or next season. Miss the World Cup next year. Volchenkov taken hims place.

jka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2015, 01:30 PM
  #15
Seattle Slewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
LOL, I don't want to say he's old, but he remembers all the Russo-Swedish Wars.

Seattle Slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2015, 05:16 PM
  #16
ResilientBeast
Moderator
MLD Draft Czar
 
ResilientBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,174
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jka View Post
Gonchar is best after Fetisov in Russia all time but he is ending career after this or next season. Miss the World Cup next year. Volchenkov taken hims place.
What?

I'd prefer Zubov, Kasantonov and a couple of other Soviets over Gonchar all time.

__________________
W.C.H.L Boxscores and Lineups
ResilientBeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2015, 10:45 PM
  #17
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jka View Post
Gonchar is best after Fetisov in Russia all time but he is ending career after this or next season. Miss the World Cup next year. Volchenkov taken hims place.
Huh? Ragulin, Kasatonov, Vasiliev, Zubov, maybe Konstantinov are ahead of Gonchar all-time.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 04:39 AM
  #18
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 4,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
That's actually a tough one, 'cause yes, the russian D isn't top notch. too many middle of the pack guys. I wouldn't know whom to put on top. Well I say we have:

OD(spare me from the Koltsov argument please. yes, he scores a lot):

1.Markov (and that's bad, because he's getting old and actually was good defensively in the past. not anymore)

2.Koltsov (happy, Salavat fans?)

3.Gonch(like Markov hasn't the legs to play his defensive style anymore- and is 100 years old)

4.call God! let him send us some more D-men.

DD:

1.Yemelin(who else? if only this hardass Therien would finally let him play some offence. it's not Yemelin's fault their other defencemen just suck at defence, including P.K.)

2.Volchenkov

Guys who actually can do it all:

1.Nikulin(not a homer pick)

2.Voynov(the Olympics have shown he's not ready to lead. the role behind Doughty has made him too complacent in that department)

3.Zaytsev(playing up to potential this season)

4.Mironov(under the radar because of injuries)

5.Chudinov(has become a tough hitter too. his offence is needed less with SKA, but he's very well capable)

6.Tyutin(just an overall steady guy)

The important part is: Nesterov looks really good, Zadorov is a future superstar and there are several other youngsters who could finally push the aging stars off the roster.

So right now Russia's D should look like that:

Markov
Nikulin
Voynov
Yemelin
Zaytsev
Chudinov
Mironov
Tyutin
Koltsov

In 3 years though:

Voynov
Yemelin
Zadorov
Zaytsev
Chudinov
Mironov
Nesterov
Provorov
I think Anton Belov should be somewhere in this list. He's been the best defenseman for Rusian NT for the last 2 years. I think he could be a good top4 in the NHL if he started his career with some real team and not this joke Edmonton.

Kshahdoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2015, 11:25 PM
  #19
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
I think Anton Belov should be somewhere in this list. He's been the best defenseman for Rusian NT for the last 2 years. I think he could be a good top4 in the NHL if he started his career with some real team and not this joke Edmonton.
just no. especially the "best defenceman on the NT" part is just not from this universe.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2015, 06:59 PM
  #20
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Vasiliev,.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=21042

His stats are not impressing.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2015, 05:29 PM
  #21
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
Wrong Vasiliev, try this one Valeri Vasilyev EP profile

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2015, 05:58 PM
  #22
hutdevil
Registered User
 
hutdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Wrong Vasiliev, try this one Valeri Vasilyev EP profile

hutdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2015, 03:42 PM
  #23
teddygmr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutdevil View Post
Really a shame that Zaitsev couldn't play in World Championships.

Any word on where he will play next season?

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2015, 06:33 PM
  #24
MaxV
Registered User
 
MaxV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
If Orlov ever finds a way to get on the ice, he is certainly one of the most talented Russian Ds.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2015, 12:08 PM
  #25
PuckPoise
Registered User
 
PuckPoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
I think Nikita Nesterov has been really impressive whenever he's been given a chance. I have high hopes for him to become a new offensive defenseman that is much-needed for Russia.

PuckPoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.