HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'Nucks @ Flyers GDT, Nov. 13/03

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2003, 07:54 AM
  #1
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
'Nucks @ Flyers GDT, Nov. 13/03

@

Date: Thursday, Nov. 13/03
Time: 4:00 PST
Broadcast: Sportsnet (TV)
Listen: CKNW (Radio)

Time to move onto the next game. Too bad the 'Nucks couldn't have gotten a tie last night b/c they played well enough to deserve it and I think this next game will be a lot more challenging.

Post your comments and predictions here and discuss.

I'm going to go ahead and predict a loss for the Canucks on this one.

'Nucks 2
Flyers 4

Edit: Looks like Jovo didn't make the trip and won't play tomorrow.

Quote:
ICE CHIPS: The Canucks meet the Flyers on Thursday night in Philadelphia. ... Defenceman Ed Jovanovski remains in Vancouver nursing a bruised thingh and probably won't join the team on this three-game trip.
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/spor...E-96BA5E5E32A5

Thalia is offline  
Old
11-12-2003, 08:06 AM
  #2
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,929
vCash: 500
I think this game will be a loss for the Nucks as well.

Canucks 2- Naslund and D.Sedin
Flyers 3- Amonte, Gagne, and Pitkanen.

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
11-12-2003, 08:30 AM
  #3
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,529
vCash: 500
I think that Hackett won't get the lucky breaks that Roloson got. 2-1 Vancouver, goals from King and Sopel for Van, Roenick for Philly.

kmad is online now  
Old
11-12-2003, 08:34 AM
  #4
incawg
Registered User
 
incawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
I think that Hackett won't get the lucky breaks that Roloson got. 2-1 Vancouver, goals from King and Sopel for Van, Roenick for Philly.
I've heard that it will be esche.

incawg is offline  
Old
11-12-2003, 08:54 AM
  #5
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Hey the Flyers have to lose at home eventually dont they?

4-2 Nucks

Bertuzzi, Naslund, D.Sedin, May

Gagne, Recchi

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
11-12-2003, 09:07 AM
  #6
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by incawg
I've heard that it will be esche.
Yes, Esche will play.

Same score as last year would be just fine.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
11-12-2003, 09:25 AM
  #7
Whinks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Whinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Edit: Looks like Jovo didn't make the trip and won't play tomorrow.


ICE CHIPS: The Canucks meet the Flyers on Thursday night in Philadelphia. ... Defenceman Ed Jovanovski remains in Vancouver nursing a bruised thingh and probably won't join the team on this three-game trip.
Or hes avoiding Primeau because of what happened last year?

Whinks is offline  
Old
11-12-2003, 09:32 AM
  #8
Connecticut
Registered User
 
Connecticut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
2-2 tie. Third period goal by Morrison to tie it. First one by Keane from Ohlund.

Connecticut is offline  
Old
11-12-2003, 09:59 AM
  #9
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by incawg
I've heard that it will be esche.
I think that Esche won't get the lucky breaks that Roloson got. 2-1 Vancouver, goals from King and Sopel for Van, Roenick for Philly.

kmad is online now  
Old
11-12-2003, 10:31 AM
  #10
nucks2001
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
If Philly scores first 3-1 Philly. If Vancouver scores first 4-1 Vancouver

 
Old
11-12-2003, 10:37 AM
  #11
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
If Philly scores first 3-1 Philly. If Vancouver scores first 4-1 Vancouver
Why is that? I'm just wondering b/c I rarely watch Philly games. 'Nucks just don't play them much and they're hardly ever shown out west unless they play Toronto. Another question to anyone: What's Esche like; is he any good?

Thalia is offline  
Old
11-12-2003, 10:41 AM
  #12
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Why is that? I'm just wondering b/c I rarely watch Philly games. 'Nucks just don't play them much and they're hardly ever shown out west unless they play Toronto. Another question to anyone: What's Esche like; is he any good?

Esche is good, athletic goalie, not always the most technically sound, more of like a CuJo style.

Has been very good so far this year:

Last 4 games he is 4-0-0 1.00 GAA & .953 sv%
won defensive player of the week 2 weeks ago.

I can't see the Flyers losing 4-1 the way they've been playing. If they lose it will be a tight game. 5-0-2 at home.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
11-12-2003, 11:31 AM
  #13
nucks2001
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Esche is good, athletic goalie, not always the most technically sound, more of like a CuJo style.

Has been very good so far this year:

Last 4 games he is 4-0-0 1.00 GAA & .953 sv%
won defensive player of the week 2 weeks ago.

I can't see the Flyers losing 4-1 the way they've been playing. If they lose it will be a tight game. 5-0-2 at home.
The only reason i say 4-1 is because if Vancouver gets ahead, Philly will open it up eventually and Vancouver will jump on them.. 4-1 would be with an empty netter as well.

 
Old
11-12-2003, 11:34 AM
  #14
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
The only reason i say 4-1 is because if Vancouver gets ahead, Philly will open it up eventually and Vancouver will jump on them.. 4-1 would be with an empty netter as well.
We'll only open it up if we get down 3 goals
or
If we're down a goal or two under 10 minutes to go.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
11-12-2003, 11:45 AM
  #15
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Apparently Fedoruk's out with a facial injury he received from Cairns during the Isles game the other night.

We're down to only facing one goon now. Yay, things are looking up for May... he only receives one beating instead of two!

Thalia is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.