HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'Nucks @ Flyers GDT, Nov. 13/03

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 04:51 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
The Flyers have hot and cold over the last few years. They started last year very well and slumped. Flyers fans, got any reason to think they won't this year (not to say they will)? Another year of Hitchcock's system making a difference?

Old
11-13-2003, 04:53 PM
petrishriekandgo

vCash: 500
Canucks just had a few mental lapses out there... they really seem to be working hard but they're fighting it right now. No finish around the net really... nobody driving to the net...

On the Daniel penalty... if you watch the replay Danny was holding the Flyers Dman's stick through the entire thang... good call by the ref.

Whatever... got the point, Hedberg will be thanking Bert for that one as he should have had that third goal...

Sopel, I dunno... I have NEVER seen a NHL calibre player trip over himself as much as this guy... at the WORST possible time... -2 tonight, yah, minus two good feet... To his credit he made some great plays to keep the puck in and a nice play to Linden on Cooke's goal...

Trevor was BRILLIANT tonight, I wish Bertuzzi would play with half of Trevors consistency out there... ahh, don't we all.

Can you imagine if these teams meet in the final??? WOWZERS!!!

Old
11-13-2003, 04:53 PM
cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan
I agree totally about Morisson... infact while he has gotten some decent points, I think he has looked really out of sync for a few games. Maybe they need a different center?!?!

I don't know. I am very pleased the Canucks tied the game, but holy cripes, they have brain cramps that cost them at crucial times.

We know they can't win every game, but this team just doesn't look as impressive. But Kudos to the Flyers... that is one awesome team!
Something about the Canucks on the road this season... I don't know what it is. It's like the top line becomes more inconsistent on the road. A far cry from the road warriors we were familiar with from last season.

I'm on the fence with Morrison right now. Sometimes, he doesn't seem like the two-way center he was touted as but I know he's capable of playing better. The top line in general was pretty inconsistent this game and that hurt. Maybe they try harder for the fans at home.

Old
11-13-2003, 04:56 PM
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

Somebody fix our PP -- Please !

0-4 .. Ugh

Old
11-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Thalia

The reasons why I'm happy to have a point out of this game:

--Defensive (trapping) teams are tough on the 'Nucks style of play

--Philly is 2nd in league; leader in the east

--Neverending roadtrip it seems; is there anyone else in the league who has more?

--Jovo is slightly injured; we weren't even sure if he'd play

--Hedberg (backup and a bit rusty) is slightly injured too thanks to Fedorov

--Magnus Arvedson is coming back from an injury; obviously his timing was off

I'm sure I've missed a slight point or two but considering all things... I'm very happy with the point.

I'm also very happy that hardly anyone pooped on my thread.

Thanks ya'll... come again, even if you don't get your lights through hydro-electric power.

I'd also like to add that our pp sucks.

Edit: major typo

Old
11-13-2003, 04:57 PM
cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo
Canucks just had a few mental lapses out there... they really seem to be working hard but they're fighting it right now. No finish around the net really... nobody driving to the net...

On the Daniel penalty... if you watch the replay Danny was holding the Flyers Dman's stick through the entire thang... good call by the ref.

Whatever... got the point, Hedberg will be thanking Bert for that one as he should have had that third goal...

Sopel, I dunno... I have NEVER seen a NHL calibre player trip over himself as much as this guy... at the WORST possible time... -2 tonight, yah, minus two good feet... To his credit he made some great plays to keep the puck in and a nice play to Linden on Cooke's goal...

Trevor was BRILLIANT tonight, I wish Bertuzzi would play with half of Trevors consistency out there... ahh, don't we all.

Can you imagine if these teams meet in the final??? WOWZERS!!!
I admit, Sopel hasn't exactly instilled me with confidence, but in this game, the first goal was a bad bounce, the second goal was scored by a player that should have been covered by allen, and the third goal was Morrison deflecting the puck backwards. I've seen Salo has had a couple of minus games that he didn't deserve either so I'll give Sopel the benefit of the doubt.

Old
11-13-2003, 04:59 PM
MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
I can't tell you how nice it is to hear fans say that they underestimate the Sedin's. Honestly, they are fast becoming some of the most underrated players in the league. I would already say they are both by far the most *underrated* Canucks right now. Along with King (though King is getting some press).

As for the game, well, I personally feel the Flyers are the best team in the NHL. The Canucks may have more points (do they? I don't even know right now, to be honest), and the Blues might have more points per game (Bolts too). But the Flyers to me are the most solid club in the league at the moment.

I have them slated to be the Eastern Conference winners in both the regular season & the playoffs.

If Clarke adds two good rent-a-player defensemen at the end of the season (say, Rathje and maybe Wesley or something), I feel they will be flatly, better than Ottawa or New Jersey.

Esche is ridiculously underrated, too. I think he'll be the starter by January.
Agreed completely with your comments re: Philadelphia. The scoring depth they have up front is just sick. Kapanen-Primeau-Gagne would be a #1 line on close to half the teams in the league - all three guys are recent all-stars - and it's the freakin' third line in Philly. Defensive group looks rock solid, too, and Hitchcock has the whole team playing tight as a drum in their own zone. Difficult not to be impressed.

Old
11-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

I think Morisson played fine out there, but seriously who do we have to replace him as a #1 Center ?

I guess if Crow is dissapointed in Mo's play, he can bench Morisson and insert Fedor

Old
11-13-2003, 05:05 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Hedberg made ANOTHER great save!

I must admit I love our goalie tandem this year.
Hindsight is a funny, funny thing...

BTW Mizral who's that "Jewelly" person you keep referring to?

Also, our PP sucks. We should've buried Philadelphia tonight. Bertuzzi has just been awful.

Old
11-13-2003, 05:08 PM
cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Chinaman
I think Morisson played fine out there, but seriously who do we have to replace him as a #1 Center ?

I guess if Crow is dissapointed in Mo's play, he can bench Morisson and insert Fedor
The Canucks would have to trade Morrison to acquire a #1 center or someone who they think can be a number one center very soon.... but there will be a concern with chemistry and so on and how a player would develop under Crow's system..

Old
11-13-2003, 05:10 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
The Flyers have hot and cold over the last few years. They started last year very well and slumped. Flyers fans, got any reason to think they won't this year (not to say they will)? Another year of Hitchcock's system making a difference?
I think the biggest thing is in the way they have played against the inferior teams. I really have never seen the Flyers dominate teams like they have this season. They smoked Montreal and Toronto back to back. Now that may not seem very impressive because it isn't, but the way they did it was what was so impressive. Also, the Flyers chemistry seems to be great. The top line is great and I don't see why they would stop producing. The 2 and 3 lines are also playing very well and seem to have good chemistry and great balance. Also, the Flyers PP is operating better than it has since Lindros, which was a big reason the Flyers were not consistant next year.

Old
11-13-2003, 05:12 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:

And team defense would go down 10%. One floater would encourage more from Naslund and Bertuzzi.

Old
11-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc
The Canucks would have to trade Morrison to acquire a #1 center or someone who they think can be a number one center very soon.... but there will be a concern with chemistry and so on and how a player would develop under Crow's system..
Vancouver would never trade Morrison, he's a bargain for what he brings to the table.

Morrison shouldn't be blamed for our skid.

We lost because we didn't capitalize on our PP, last game or this game.

Its broken, and Crow needs to fix it ASAP.

Old
11-13-2003, 05:17 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Vancouver would never trade Morrison, he's a bargain for what he brings to the table.

Morrison shouldn't be blamed for our skid.

We lost because we didn't capitalize on our PP, last game or this game.

Its broken, and Crow needs to fix it ASAP.
I don't think anyone is trying to imply that he is the reason for the skid (and yes it is... 1 win in 4 games). I think more than anything the little things that weren't hurting the Canucks are now... especially vs the Blues and Flyers. But let's be honest here... the Canucks could just have wound up beating the Flyers, Blues and Wild if they got some bounces... so maybe I am being a little picky.

I guess nothing less than a cup will do!

Old
11-13-2003, 05:24 PM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Vancouver is just lacking some finish. Without their PP producing at a decent rate, you just can't be missing gaping nets. Morrison has been a culpret on occassion, but his defensive play at times has been stellar.

Chubarov doesn't look out of place centering the top line. Not suggesting that he replace Morrison, but he's certainly capable of filling in.

Closed Thread