HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

'Nucks @ Flyers GDT, Nov. 13/03

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 03:41 PM
StilesBC

vCash: 500
This game turns into a shootout.

Canucks 6 (Naslund 2, King, Cooke, Linden, Sopel)
Flyers 4 (Gagne 2, Roenick, Pitkanen)

Let's Go Canucks!

Old
11-12-2003, 03:58 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat
Yeah I kind of figured his roll had changed. Obviously a checking center is very valuable, but he's had expectations and is being paid more like a star center... that's all I meant.
He is basically Bobby Holik for half the salary. He's still overpaid, but at least they arent making the mistake of trying to fit him into a scoring role, just because he gets paid like Mogilny. Quite valuable to the team, with a ton of heart. He is one player I dont mind too much being overpaid (unlike Leclair)

BTW, Fedoruk isnt the only other enforcer. Vandemeer is just about as good as Fedoruk at fighting, though Therien might play tomorrow. The two seem to be rotating the sixth spot.

Old
11-12-2003, 05:40 PM
paxtang

Vandermeer is not nearly as good as Fedoruk at fighting. Vandermeer is a good middle weight fighter, and will do well if he scraps with guys like vandenbusche and ling, but when he steps up to heavyweights he generally doesn't do well. I'd say he is comparable fighting wise to his brother peter, though he doesn't do it as much, and if you compare Peter's record with Todd's when they both played for the Phantoms, it is easy to see who is better. Todd also has much more power. But didn't Vandy get sent down today?

Old
11-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Mizral

Good to see you Flyer fans here. Especially, since all the Flyers posting here are actually very good Flyer fans! We've had a rash of some trolls form Flyerville lately, I'm sad to say. Hopefully they'll be smart and not show up. Unfortunatly, I have no doubt that they will (only if the Flyers win of course ).

I'm going to say the Canucks win this game. I would have said we would lose had the Wild not beaten us, but the Canucks almost never lose two games in a row lately. I'm going to say the top line comes up with all the offense.

A 4 - 2 victory for the Canucks, Bertuzzi will have at least 2 goals. And for the Flyers I'll go with Justin Williams and Mark Recchi (my favorite Flyer by a LONG shot! Recchi is still revered in Kamloops. He's practically a GOD in the Okanogan of BC).

Old
11-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Devonator

This should be a great game for all Hockey funs regardless of who you pull for.......indeed either team could win this one.......both match up nicely!

But as a Flyer fan and with an inherent bias and with Philly playing so well right now and the Nucks stumbling just a little bit, I look at a really good effort from the Flyers and for them to win 5-2.......

Proud Albertan Flyer Fan

Old
11-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Mark Recchi (my favorite Flyer by a LONG shot! Recchi is still revered in Kamloops. He's practically a GOD in the Okanogan of BC).
Did you read Gallagher's article on the Flyers?

For once I pretty much agreed with him. Also agreed with him that Recchi would look *awesome* in a 'Nucks jersey. Recchi has always been a favourite of mine. Tremendous player, and a great person. Think he'd want to come retire in BC?

Old
11-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Forsberg21

Question, who's starting in goal for the Nucks?

Old
11-12-2003, 09:13 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg21
Question, who's starting in goal for the Nucks?
Hedberg is injured-so I'm guessing Cloutier.

Unless Cloutier suffers a freak practice injury. In which case, we get to watch Tyler Moss

Old
11-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Forsberg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Hedberg is injured-so I'm guessing Cloutier.

Unless Cloutier suffers a freak practice injury. In which case, we get to watch Tyler Moss
Didn't realize Hedberg was injured. What happened to him?
I'll predict the Nucks tie 2-2.

Van (Cooke, Ohlund)
Phi (Recchi, Gagne)

Old
11-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Castor Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg21
Didn't realize Hedberg was injured. What happened to him?
Fedor Fedorov hit him in the skate with a shot on Tuesday morning before the game against the Wild (which he was scheduled to start). I guess X-rays didn't show any fracture, and he must be feeling good to go because Moss was sent back down. He'll be backing up Cloutier tomorrow I should think.

Old
11-13-2003, 12:58 AM
Whinks

Send a message via AIM to Whinks
Why would you guys call Moss up and not Auld? I thought Auld was supposed to be the goalie of the future?

Old
11-13-2003, 03:30 AM
Banger

I predict a 3-2 flyers victory. Goals by Pitkanen, Willy and Zues on the flyers side and Naslund and Cooke for the Nucks. Should be a good one. For those Vancouver fans that don't get to watch the flyers much keep an eye on #44 on the flyers D (Pitkanen). The kid is a good one and fun to watch especially for a rook.

Old
11-13-2003, 04:05 AM
Flyers26

Should be a fun game to watch. Both teams have started out very well.
It'll be a good test for our defense, to keep your 1st line off the board.

Esche starting against a better quality opponent is a nice change. It'll be a good test for him.

Old
11-13-2003, 04:28 AM
Teezax

This game will probably have EASTERN hockey written all over it, the question remains, can the Nucks play that sort of clutch and grab style? I highly doubt Philly will open it up unless they are down late. They will frustrate the Canucks forwards until the siren rings. One thing we do so well is cycle in the offensive zone, and that's usually where we make the other teams pay, simply because they can't contain us for 60 minutes. We're playing nearly perfect systematical hockey right now and it will take a great effort by the Nucks to come out with 2 points. They CAN do it, but it won't be easy. Flyers need to stick to their gameplan, roll 4 tough lines, and get on their D like madmen. I doubt this will be a dull game, i think it'll be exciting the whole way through.

Flyers 3 (Amonte, Johnsson, Brashear)
Nucks 1 (Cooke)

Old
11-13-2003, 04:45 AM
iceburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whinks
Why would you guys call Moss up and not Auld? I thought Auld was supposed to be the goalie of the future?
A couple of reasons: 1. Moss has probably been the better goalie in Manitoba this year (a least statistically) 2. The Canucks (a.k.a. Brian Burke) has stated that Auld needs to get as much playing time as possible this year. Hedberg's injury wasn't serious enough for an extended call-up so Cloutier was expected to play all the games.

Closed Thread