HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'Nucks @ Flyers GDT, Nov. 13/03

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2003, 04:54 AM
  #46
Blane Youngblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Call me crazy but I think the top line is gonna bust out tonight.

Canucks 5
Naslund 3, Bertuzzi 2

Philly 3
Gagne 2, K. Jonsson 1

Blane Youngblood is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 06:45 AM
  #47
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
OT: Check out this sign a Minny fan made up. I guess a lot of 'Nucks fans don't think it's funny but I kind of got a chuckle. Must be my weird sense of humour I guess.




Edit: If any 'Nucks fans are offended by this pic, just say so and I'll delete it. Personally, it doesn't bother me a bit. All this bad publicity he's getting lately only serves to increase his value imo.

I mean, some 'Nucks fan made up a sign saying something about 'Chelios is uglier than Ricci' or something like that. If you're going to dish it out... you have to be prepared to take it too; it's only fair.

Maybe next time some 'Nucks kid will make a sign saying: 'Tootoo wears a Tutu.' :p

Looking forward to seeing how Ruutu plays tonight against Philly and do hope to god that he doesn't try to do a 'ballet' (ha ha) with Brashear.

Edit: I just read that Moss got sent back down to the Moose. Does that mean that Hedberg is okay, anyone know?

http://www.moosehockey.com/news/pres...hp?press_id=82

Thalia is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 08:35 AM
  #48
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
A couple or articles from today's Province:

It's All in the System

Canucks Face Big Test

This seems to be the biggest game of the season: two top teams from both confrences going head-to-head; neither one of them has lost at home yet.

Why doesn't this seem like that big of a game to me? Could it be b/c there isn't any rivalry there at all; the Breashear thing is way too old to count. Obviously these two teams don't play against each other enough. Honestly, I didn't even know who their goaltender was; didn't bother to find out til yesterday.

I was definitely looking forward to the Blues' matchup a lot more than this one. My guess is that this game will be played in a very calculated fashion, much like the Minny game on Saturday only with bigger hits and a bit more intensity but I'd be surprised if it rivaled the Blues' matchups.

Thalia is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:00 AM
  #49
nucks2001
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Anyone know when Fedor is going to get a chance?

 
Old
11-13-2003, 09:01 AM
  #50
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
Anyone know when Fedor is going to get a chance?
When hell freezes over?

It probably didn't help his case that he's the one that injured Hedberg in practice.

I too would really like to see him get a chance to play soon too but I get the feeling that Crow & Burke don't particularly like him.

Thalia is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:41 AM
  #51
nucks2001
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
[QUOTE=hexxy27]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Good to see you Flyer fans here. Especially, since all the Flyers posting here are actually very good Flyer fans! We've had a rash of some trolls form Flyerville lately, I'm sad to say. Hopefully they'll be smart and not show up. Unfortunatly, I have no doubt that they will (only if the Flyers win of course ).

I'm going to say the Canucks win this game. I would have said we would lose had the Wild not beaten us, but the Canucks almost never lose two games in a row lately. I'm going to say the top line comes up with all the offense.

You seem to be the one trolling for comments lately and you were wrong about us showing up only if the Canucks lost. It is 11:34am game day and I am here already. Flyers will win this one 4-1 with 2 power play goals.

Flyers: PP Roenick
PP Pitkanen
Primeau
Leclair

Canucks Morrison

I will be back after the game no matter what.
so you admit you are a troll then?

 
Old
11-13-2003, 09:55 AM
  #52
Brad*
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexxy27
You seem to be the one trolling for comments lately and you were wrong about us showing up only if the Canucks lost. It is 11:34am game day and I am here already.

I will be back after the game no matter what.
Easy, there's no need to try and start something with Canuck fans.

Anyway, this should be a really good game. Both teams have started off the season strong, a match up of two of the NHL's better teams. Plus, this is their only meeting this year so they'll have to get it all out of their system in one game.

Brad* is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 09:57 AM
  #53
nucks2001
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Easy, there's no need to try and start something with Canuck fans.

Anyway, this should be a really good game. Both teams have started off the season strong, a match up of two of the NHL's better teams. Plus, this is their only meeting this year so they'll have to get it all out of their system in one game.
Don't worry.. he already has.. read through his post history and you'll see why.

 
Old
11-13-2003, 11:57 AM
  #54
nuksforlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Israel
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to nuksforlife
[QUOTE=hexxy27]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Good to see you Flyer fans here. Especially, since all the Flyers posting here are actually very good Flyer fans! We've had a rash of some trolls form Flyerville lately, I'm sad to say. Hopefully they'll be smart and not show up. Unfortunatly, I have no doubt that they will (only if the Flyers win of course ).

I'm going to say the Canucks win this game. I would have said we would lose had the Wild not beaten us, but the Canucks almost never lose two games in a row lately. I'm going to say the top line comes up with all the offense.

You seem to be the one trolling for comments lately and you were wrong about us showing up only if the Canucks lost. It is 11:34am game day and I am here already. Flyers will win this one 4-1 with 2 power play goals.

Flyers: PP Roenick
PP Pitkanen
Primeau
Leclair

Canucks Morrison

I will be back after the game no matter what.
hexxy27 --Don't you have anything better to do with your life, go get a job or something.

nuksforlife is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 12:14 PM
  #55
nucks2001
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
When hell freezes over?

It probably didn't help his case that he's the one that injured Hedberg in practice.

I too would really like to see him get a chance to play soon too but I get the feeling that Crow & Burke don't particularly like him.
hitting a goalie in the foot shouldn't get you in hot water. You want your players to keep their shots down in practice.. well the goalies do at least.

 
Old
11-13-2003, 12:27 PM
  #56
C'nuckleHead
Registered User
 
C'nuckleHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
hitting a goalie in the foot shouldn't get you in hot water. You want your players to keep their shots down in practice.. well the goalies do at least.
Fedorov shot at Hedberg before he even had a chance to get across the net. Not even knowing how the shooting drill works is the kind of brain cramp that he seems to have. Kinda like sleeping in on the 1st day of camp.

C'nuckleHead is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 12:51 PM
  #57
BERTUZZINATION
Registered User
 
BERTUZZINATION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: DC
Country: Canada
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexxy27
Just for your knowledge I have a life and a job. I am off on disability right now. If you don't like what I write then pass it by. I really don't know what you are getting worked up about right now. All I did was make a point.

This brings to mind an episode of Simpson's in which Homer works from home while weighing 300 pounds and wearing a dress of some sort...

BERTUZZINATION is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 12:58 PM
  #58
FlyerFire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
don't sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
I think this game will be a loss for the Nucks as well.

Canucks 2- Naslund and D.Sedin
Flyers 3- Amonte, Gagne, and Pitkanen.
yourselves short.you have a great team there.good luck tonite

FlyerFire is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 01:05 PM
  #59
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellionhellion2002
yourselves short.you have a great team there.good luck tonite
I've never seen so many posters predict a 'Nucks loss (myself included) since the beginning of the season.

This can only mean one thing...












































A win!

Thalia is offline  
Old
11-13-2003, 01:19 PM
  #60
nuksforlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Israel
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to nuksforlife
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERTUZZINATION
This brings to mind an episode of Simpson's in which Homer works from home while weighing 300 pounds and wearing a dress of some sort...
HAHAHA good one!!!!!

Go Nuks!!!

nuksforlife is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.