HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

How much more can the caps stars take?

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 07:41 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
How much more can the caps stars take?

you have got to think guys like kolzig, jagr, gonchar, bondra, lang are getting fed up losing every game, this team has so much talent and is near the bottom of the league, reminding me of the sharks last year.

how much longer before there is a fire sale in washington?

who will be the first star to go?

is it possible some of the stars are packaged together and shipped out west?

besides defensmen, what else do the caps need/want? (picks, prospects etc.?)

Old
11-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Marshall
Too right, man.

"you have got to think guys like kolzig, jagr, gonchar, bondra, lang are getting fed up losing every game,"

You can take Jagr off that list; he's been mailing it in all year.

Old
11-12-2003, 07:52 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
you have got to think guys like kolzig, jagr, gonchar, bondra, lang are getting fed up losing every game, this team has so much talent and is near the bottom of the league, reminding me of the sharks last year.

how much longer before there is a fire sale in washington?

who will be the first star to go?

is it possible some of the stars are packaged together and shipped out west?

besides defensmen, what else do the caps need/want? (picks, prospects etc.?)
the caps seem to have a solid stock of prospects - forwards, defense and goalie..

I would guess if there is a fire sale, then they would want to get younger NHLers with upside in return for stars.... how many more prospects can they stack up on?? they need to have somekind of a transition between the Gonchars, Witts, and the Yonkmans, Emingers as it is... (same with forwards from Bondra/Langs to the Gordons, Semin, etc)...

teams dont' usually just stockup on prospects, and run with an AHL team with potential .... I'd guess that players from the Avs they would be interested in would include Tanguay, Skoula, etc... come to think of it, there isn't a lot of young tradable NHL-ready assets with good potential left in Colorado... the Caps might be able to get more for their vets from other teams.

adding guys like Ballard or picks or other prospects (and the Avs seem to be running low on quality ones it seems) doesn't really help the Caps IMO - as they have many such assets already in their system.

have anymore Battaglia-types - young, but NHL ready with at least a little bit of experince in the league?

Old
11-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
I hate to say it, but I totally understand how pens fans felt towards the end up Jagr's stay in steeltown.

Old
11-12-2003, 11:59 AM
BruinFan42

Despite the way the Caps have been playing this season, Robert Lang is having himself quite the season so far....

He would bring in some very nice returns, probably a young, NHL ready defensmen and a prospect/high pick...

It would probably be in Washington's best interest to have a fire sale this year. Trade Kolzig, Gonchar, Bondra and Lang which will bring back plenty of young talent both up front and on the blueline.

Old
11-12-2003, 01:13 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFan42
Despite the way the Caps have been playing this season, Robert Lang is having himself quite the season so far....

He would bring in some very nice returns, probably a young, NHL ready defensmen and a prospect/high pick...

It would probably be in Washington's best interest to have a fire sale this year. Trade Kolzig, Gonchar, Bondra and Lang which will bring back plenty of young talent both up front and on the blueline.
first let me start with an answer to this....you have got to think guys like kolzig, jagr, gonchar, bondra, lang are getting fed up losing every game, this team has so much talent and is near the bottom of the league, reminding me of the sharks last year.

when you say "this team has so much talent" it sounds like its a cup team in the tank. on a given night the capitals will dress Semin on the 2nd line, Willsie on the 3rd, Gordon or Pettinger-Sutherby-Peat on the 4th and Doig, Kwiatkowski, Gruden, Berry and Eminger on defense, and Charpentier as the backup goalie. thats 12 players without a full season of NHL play and 12 players that either started last year in the AHL or played all or most of their games in the Junior or European league hockey. It could be argued that all eleven of these players plus Kip Miller and Bates Battaglia would be cut by the top 15 teams in the NHL this season. That's 14 players all on the current 22 player roster. This is an expansion team with 5 world class stars(Jagr, Kolzig, Gonchar, Bondra, & Lang) and Two above average players, Witt and Zubrus, and two gritty defense first role players, Grier and Halpern. That's 8 of the 20 dressed and 7 of the 18 skaters every night. that means that 11 skaters every night come from that bargain bin bunch that includes the 3 19 year old prospects. This team is so far from having "SO MUCH TALENT" that I laughed when I read that.

By the way. A fire sale by the way means that the caps are desperately trying to move assets and are willing to take huge losses to do that. I can see many of you want Gonchar and Kolzig for free. Want the Caps to pay you to take Lang. Thats just sad.

Old
11-12-2003, 04:43 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
have anymore Battaglia-types - young, but NHL ready with at least a little bit of experince in the league?
With the Bates Battaglia experience in Washington continuing to flounder(0 points, -7 in just 8 games not including tonight), I think the last thing the Capitals would want are more useless hockey players like Baggs.

Old
11-12-2003, 05:11 PM
BruinFan42

txpd, where in my post did I come even remotely close to saying that the Capitals had "so much talent"? So before you lash out and defend your sorry team, check and make sure what was posted first.....

Old
11-12-2003, 06:15 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFan42
txpd, where in my post did I come even remotely close to saying that the Capitals had "so much talent"? So before you lash out and defend your sorry team, check and make sure what was posted first.....
I dont think he meant to quote your post, I think he was talkign to the first post.

Closed Thread