HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

a few thoughts

Old
07-27-2006, 11:37 PM
habsfan44

vCash: 500
a few thoughts

if a player is given a diving penalty , why does the opposing player still get a penalty ? if the diver gets two minutes shouldn't that mean that the other player did nothing wrong ? we have a rocket richard trophy but not a wayne gretzky trophy(most assists) while i'm on the subject , shouldn't the norris trophy be for best defensive defenceman ? and institute the bobby orr trophy for best offensive defenceman . shouldn't the refs and linesmen be allowed to determine if a puck was intenionally shot over the glass ?(imo the most frustrating penalty in the game today) shouldn't teams that use their time out in regulation during the playoffs be given another time out for overtime but not be allowed to accumulate them ? i.e. have two timeouts left in overtime . and finally , shouldn't the coach be responsible for requesting an instant replay ? if he is correct the goal is dissallowed if he is incorrect he receives a two minute bench minor for delay of game . thats it , i would like to hear your thoughts , opinions and/or criticisms , thank you

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 11:42 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
if a player is given a diving penalty , why does the opposing player still get a penalty ? if the diver gets two minutes shouldn't that mean that the other player did nothing wrong ?
Not necessarily... I suppose I can try to hook you, you don't fall, but you dive... that's 2 distinct penalties, my hook attempt, and your dive.
Quote:
shouldn't the refs and linesmen be allowed to determine if a puck was intenionally shot over the glass ?(imo the most frustrating penalty in the game today)
agreed
Quote:
and finally , shouldn't the coach be responsible for requesting an instant replay ? if he is correct the goal is dissallowed if he is incorrect he receives a two minute bench minor for delay of game . thats it , i would like to hear your thoughts , opinions and/or criticisms , thank you

Meh... too footballish

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 11:46 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Not necessarily... I suppose I can try to hook you, you don't fall, but you dive... that's 2 distinct penalties, my hook attempt, and your dive.
agreed

Meh... too footballish
hmmmmmm , you might be right i thought it might speed the game up a little or at least make it more interesting

Old
07-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Dr_Hook

I hated all the diving in the playoffs and thought about ways to punish it more severely without being too harsh either, cause the refs would be reluctant to call it.

How about this: the guys is hooked, the victim clearly embellishes: 2 min for the hook; the diver gets 2 for the dive so it's 4 on 4 (same as now) and you throw in a 10 min misconduct. The diver is personnally penalized but his team, not that much, which makes it a makable call. What do you think ?

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Sthabs

I really like the last one,
I think 1 minute penalty could be useful 2 (ex:som1 that shoots the puck out intentionally) or for different cases

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 12:36 AM
habitforming

. . WE NEED WALLY HARRIS & ANDY VAN HELLEMOND BACK !!!!!

. . . AND MAYBE RED STOREY IF HE CAN FIND A WAY TO GET BACK HERE!!
(rip buddy!)

TO THE PAST GREAT REFS OF THE GAME

habitforming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
if a player is given a diving penalty , why does the opposing player still get a penalty ? if the diver gets two minutes shouldn't that mean that the other player did nothing wrong ? we have a rocket richard trophy but not a wayne gretzky trophy(most assists) while i'm on the subject , shouldn't the norris trophy be for best defensive defenceman ? and institute the bobby orr trophy for best offensive defenceman . shouldn't the refs and linesmen be allowed to determine if a puck was intenionally shot over the glass ?(imo the most frustrating penalty in the game today) shouldn't teams that use their time out in regulation during the playoffs be given another time out for overtime but not be allowed to accumulate them ? i.e. have two timeouts left in overtime . and finally , shouldn't the coach be responsible for requesting an instant replay ? if he is correct the goal is dissallowed if he is incorrect he receives a two minute bench minor for delay of game . thats it , i would like to hear your thoughts , opinions and/or criticisms , thank you
If you attempt to hook (even if you fail) you will get a penalty. This is why somoene can dive ,receive a penalty because the opponent didn t touch him and the other guy can still receive a penalty because he tried to hook.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 12:47 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I hated all the diving in the playoffs and thought about ways to punish it more severely without being too harsh either, cause the refs would be reluctant to call it.

How about this: the guys is hooked, the victim clearly embellishes: 2 min for the hook; the diver gets 2 for the dive so it's 4 on 4 (same as now) and you throw in a 10 min misconduct. The diver is personnally penalized but his team, not that much, which makes it a makable call. What do you think ?
i like it i like it a lot

Old
07-28-2006, 12:55 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
If you attempt to hook (even if you fail) you will get a penalty. This is why somoene can dive ,receive a penalty because the opponent didn t touch him and the other guy can still receive a penalty because he tried to hook.
i think the refs should have the courage to call one and not the other right now i think it's automatic

Old
07-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Souray44

Quote:
i think the refs should have the courage to call one and not the other right now i think it's automatic
It isn't always about courage though.

For instance I hook you around the stomach/legs or something but just barely slow you up and then you go flying.

I hooked you so justifiably I get 2 minutes and since you embellished so bad you also get the 2 for flopping onto the ice.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote