HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone remember Sheldon Keefe?

Old
07-27-2006, 12:09 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
Anyone remember Sheldon Keefe?

25 year old
former TB 2nd round in 1999 draft
125 NHL games, 24 points
120 AHL games, 82 points

Well now, he is the Owner/President/Governor/General Manager/Head Coach of a Junior "A" hockey team in the CJHL, the Pembroke Lumber Kings

http://www.pembrokelumberkings.com/staff.php

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:14 AM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
25 year old
125 NHL games, 24 points
120 AHL games, 82 points

Well now, he is the Owner/President/Governor/General Manager/Head Coach of a Junior "A" hockey team in the CJHL, the Pembroke Lumber Kings

Well I wish I could be the "Owner/President/Governor/General Manager/Head Coach of a Junior "A" hockey team in the Something-HL".

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Wasn't he one of Jeffrey Graham's "boys" if you know what I mean...?

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Ross MacLochness

Wasn't he part of the Mike Jefferson (Danton)/ David Frost clan?

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule View Post
Wasn't he one of Jeffrey Graham's "boys" if you know what I mean...?
I think your thinking of Graham James.... but that was Sheldon Kennedy.

Old
07-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93 View Post
Well I wish I could be the "Owner/President/Governor/General Manager/Head Coach of a Junior "A" hockey team in the Something-HL".
He is all tied up in the Mike Danton issue. David Frost is working with the Lumberkings. It is was all in 2 episodes of the Fifth Estate.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/rogueagent/

Go to this site and you can watch both episodes. (look to the left you can watch the whole shows online).

The April 19th 2006 one has alot of stuff about Sheldon Keefe and the Lumber Kings.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Right Graham James, Jeffrey Graham is a referee I know hahaha.... whoops! And yes, Keefe is part of the Frost debocle. I remember when Keefe was a bright young player in the OHL for St. Mike's and Barrie. At least I think my memory serves me right... it hasn't been bang-on tonight!

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup2006sensrule View Post
David Frost is working with the Lumberkings. It is was all in 2 episodes of the Fifth Estate.

How is that dirtbag still in hockey?

Old
07-27-2006, 12:32 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
I think your thinking of Graham James.... but that was Sheldon Kennedy.
going a little off topic but what did Sheldon Kennedy do, i remember him being a good player no? i was young back in the days.........

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:35 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
going a little off topic but what did Sheldon Kennedy do, i remember him being a good player no? i was young back in the days.........
Got abused by his coach.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:36 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Got abused by his coach.
and that's why his career ended early?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:42 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
and that's why his career ended early?
In 2006 Kennedy released his autobiography, Why I Didn't Say Anything - The Sheldon Kennedy Story. In the book he revealed that nightmares of James still continue to plague him. He also wrote frankly about his battles with cocaine addiction.

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:44 AM
tinyzombies

Graham-Keefe-Frost-Danton....hmmm....where there's smoke there's fire.... interesting that these names are associated with each other.

What the heck is Keefe doing hanging around with Frost?

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Graham-Keefe-Frost-Danton....hmmm....where there's smoke there's fire.... interesting that these names are associated with each other.

What the heck is Keefe doing hanging around with Frost?
Frost runs his life just like he ran Danton's. He is a cult-like figure to them. Watch the links of the Fifth estate I put in a post above on the CBC site. The story is freaking unbelievable.

Frost is an evil, evil man. Danton was a victim and he is the one in jail. Frost manipulated and controlled and brainwashed Danton since he was a young teen. Same with Keefe and a couple of other really good players in junior.

Old
07-27-2006, 12:50 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Frost runs his life just like he ran Danton's. He is a cult-like figure to them. Watch the links of the Fifth estate I put in a post above on the CBC site. The story is freaking unbelievable.

Frost is an evil, evil man. Danton was a victim and he is the one in jail. Frost manipulated and controlled and brainwashed Danton since he was a young teen. Same with Keefe and a couple of other really good players in junior.
Well, Keefe has written a book and presumably gone to therapy. Looks like he hasn't progressed much.

Old
07-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Well, Keefe has written a book and presumably gone to therapy. Looks like he hasn't progressed much.
No that is Sheldon Kennedy. Who is from the WHL and is completely unconnected to Danton/Frost/Keefe.

The Sheldon Kennedy thing was Graham James molesting him when he was in the Western League. James was a great coach and won coach of the year and I think the Memorial Cup. (maybe I am wrong on that). Theo Fleury was on that team as well when Kennedy was there and he is really mesed up and it makes you wonder what happened to him when he was on the team. There were rumours when Kennedy came public about Theo but he denied anything or refused to comment at all.

I bet James messed up a ton of kids. After he was charged and got sent to jail, James got out and went to Europe to COACH JUNIOR HOCKEY!!!!!!! Now that is just wrong.

Old
07-27-2006, 01:20 AM
tinyzombies

That's right. I got mixed up. Thank goodness too.

Quote:
No that is Sheldon Kennedy. Who is from the WHL and is completely unconnected to Danton/Frost/Keefe.

The Sheldon Kennedy thing was Graham James molesting him when he was in the Western League. James was a great coach and won coach of the year and I think the Memorial Cup. (maybe I am wrong on that). Theo Fleury was on that team as well when Kennedy was there and he is really mesed up and it makes you wonder what happened to him when he was on the team. There were rumours when Kennedy came public about Theo but he denied anything or refused to comment at all.

I bet James messed up a ton of kids. After he was charged and got sent to jail, James got out and went to Europe to COACH JUNIOR HOCKEY!!!!!!! Now that is just wrong.

Old
07-27-2006, 08:25 AM
GreatWhiteLark

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
25 year old
125 NHL games, 24 points
120 AHL games, 82 points

Talk about job security...better than being in the senate.

GreatWhiteLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:27 AM
GreatWhiteLark

Quote:

What's really wrong is that a club would put an emphasis on winning ahead of the physicall and mental well being of the young men their entrusted to look after.

What's even MORE wrong is a parent letting their son play for him.

GreatWhiteLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:33 AM
turnbuckle*

Keefe was already the owner/president of the team; I guess he's going the rest of the way. His ownership didn't appear to affect the team too much; they were one of the top junior squads in Canada.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:40 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Steve Simmons has been following the David Frost situation for several years, since his suspicious 'mentoring' of a few OHL players came to light to the public. I've bookmarked several articles about him and Mike Danton/Jefferson:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040421/col_simmons-sun.html
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists...33872-sun.html
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists...52584-sun.html

habscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:44 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Quote:
I agree with you whole heartedly. I couldn't believe it when I read that a junior hockey team in Spain agreed to hire James. Someone in Spain obviously didn't try to get any work references about James before agreeing to hire him.

I have a suspicion that James got to Fleury at some point, which has lead to Fleury getting so messed up in his life. It'll probably require Theo a few years after he formally retires before the truth comes out.

habscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:46 AM
mcphee

Somehow, it just offends whatever compass I go by that the likes of Frost are still involved in hockey and that parents see fit to have their children within a large radius of him. The lack of consequence amazes me.

As far as James working in England ? So, you're in a situation where the likliehood is that you'll be a repeat offender, so where do you end up, working with kids in another country. I'm a believer in 2nd and 3rd chances, and I'm not one of these guys who wants to paint a mark on a house wherever an ex con lives, but, he's working with kids ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 09:19 AM
turnbuckle*

I'm surprised no one has beat the living crap out of the fat *******.

I can't believe he's tolerated.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Garry Valk

Is Pembroke not the team recently featured in a CBC 'updated' on Frost? I think he bought an interest...so I'm sure he's just installed Keefe as his puppet, as I believe he was barred from day to day operations of the team.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote