HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Graf question

Old
07-28-2006, 07:39 PM
raskolnikov

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to raskolnikov
Graf question

I tried on a pair of G35 and G5 grafs today. The salesperson told me the skates "ending in 5 are better for you if you skate more standing upright then leaning foward" First off, is this true? I wanted to try 705's but they were out of my size. Overall, I was somewhat happy with the G5's but both skates had a pinching feeling on the top part of my ankle. Also, I have a wide foot and tried both on in a wide size but it felt a bit snug. How do Grafs stretch over time? Ive looked over past mentions of the g5's and saw some prefered the 705 to the g5 but since i didn't get to try the 705, are there any real differences besides the 705 is leather, heavier and less ankle padding?

raskolnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Jacob

Never heard of that. The xx5's fit deeper and wider but I think it's more about your foot rather than your skating posture.

All Grafs have a forward lean which will put you on your toes, and induce more knee bend.

Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 09:15 PM
ModSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Never heard of that. The xx5's fit deeper and wider but I think it's more about your foot rather than your skating posture.

All Grafs have a forward lean which will put you on your toes, and induce more knee bend.
Wrong - numbers have nothing to do with it. If that is the case, then the 735 would fit in your "deeper and wider" analogy, but that skate is shallower than the 705/G5.

ModSquad is offline   Reply With Quote