HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Why does everyone Perezhogin traded?

Old
07-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Much Love

vCash: 500
Why does everyone Perezhogin traded?

I don't normally post here, but after seeing yet ANOTHER proposal thread involving our very own Alexander Perezhogin, it's about time I do.

Honestly guys, it's a COMPLETE JOKE. If you want Perezhogin traded, you didn't watch the playoffs last season. Perezhogin was one of our better players in the playoffs. In fact, that whole line was arguably our best throughout the playoffs. With that said, I'd like to know, fellow Hab fans, why on earth would you want to trade one of our promising young guns? I'm all for making trades and tweaking our team a bit but all I see in proposals is Aebischer, Ribeiro, Souray, the infamous 2nd round pick and Perezhogin. I'm very well aware of the number of chances he missed last season and what not, but the kid is a freakin' rookie, give him a break.

My advice to you guys this year is, kick back, relax, watch this kid play, and don't be so quick to criticize him when he misses a golden opportunity. Do, however, realize that he's still a rookie working his way up the Habs' depth chart.

Real talk.

Much Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Madevilz

I agree, Im expecting great things from the Perez/Pleks duo, should be fun to watch if the playoffs were any indication of what is ahead. But I guess people include him in proposals only because he's young and his value is high.

Madevilz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Much Love View Post
I don't normally post here, but after seeing yet ANOTHER proposal thread involving our very own Alexander Perezhogin, it's about time I do.

Honestly guys, it's a COMPLETE JOKE. If you want Perezhogin traded, you didn't watch the playoffs last season. Perezhogin was one of our better players in the playoffs. In fact, that whole line was arguably our best throughout the playoffs. With that said, I'd like to know, fellow Hab fans, why on earth would you want to trade one of our promising young guns? I'm all for making trades and tweaking our team a bit but all I see in proposals is Aebischer, Ribeiro, Souray, the infamous 2nd round pick and Perezhogin. I'm very well aware of the number of chances he missed last season and what not, but the kid is a freakin' rookie, give him a break.

My advice to you guys this year is, kick back, relax, watch this kid play, and don't be so quick to criticize him when he misses a golden opportunity. Do, however, realize that he's still a rookie working his way up the Habs' depth chart.

Real talk.

finally some sense.. we wouldn't trade kostitsyn for the world but we'd throw perezhogin to the wolves for tomas holmstrom. crazy

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

You have a strong point but at the same time, you have to understand the odd mentality most sport fans have. They want results now! They deify prospects and boast about their potential but as soon as they set in the big leagues and dont' reach that said potential or get darn close to it ,the fans move on to the next big thing (kostitsyn?)...

You just got to let it slide...And remember, these people throwing proposals around like it was going out of fashion have absolutely no say in what happens with The hab's roster Trust bob.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:08 PM
BigTimer*

Because he's majorly overrated.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Subban Fan

Quote:

Real talk.

I'm happy i'm not the only one who notice his great play during last playoff...One of the better player!

Subban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Teufelsdreck

Why do people make allowances for Kostitsyn but not Perezhogin? Kostitsyn has become a legend before he has produced anything. It reminds me of how Lafleur became a legend when he was drafted from the Q.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

I like Perez and think there's a strong possibility that there's still tons to come with him. He'll have to show us more his ability to finish and then he'll be fine.

In the other hand, and though he doesn't have the greatest value yet, I prefer trades proposals including guys like him in order to have some kind of value than the infamous Aebi, Ribeiro and a 2nd.....Receive some, give some and at least some people try to be a little more inventive.....

But I wouldn't do it....not yet....

Same for Ryder, not his biggest fan, but what he did with the injury he had, he's the perfect candidate, if traded, to become our worst nightmare.

And don't touch Kosty, I'm a real believer in him!!!

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:20 PM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Why do people make allowances for Kostitsyn but not Perezhogin? Kostitsyn has become a legend before he has produced anything. It reminds me of how Lafleur became a legend when he was drafted from the Q.
they were kind of right about him thought...

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I believe in Kosty's abilities, sure it's only a goal, but still have in mind is wrist shot one-timer in front of the net, that makes me think IF he can put it all together, he'll be up there.

We do have a tendancy of making legends out of non-proven guys, that you can't be wrong about that.... Just awaiting what the Great Grabo will do for us....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:25 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

I really don't want to trade Perezhogin

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:28 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Perezhogin will hopefully have a much better year he began and finished with a spark.
I will not forget his first NHL goal he scored against the Rangers wow was that amazing. And then in the playoffs when he received the ice he again proved that he has elite talent!

But most that include him in proposals believe that
A. His value is high
B. The habs have many prospects on the wings
C. Think that his rough patch in the middle of the season may not be an anomaly but rather a terrible trend!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
they were kind of right about him thought...
Lafleur was spared the embarrassment of having Marcel Dionne or Rick Martin become the Calder trophy winner when Ken Dryden was given the award instead of any of them. But at least Lafleur scored 20 goals in the NHL at age 20. Kostitsyn has a bit of a distance to go before he can catch up to Perezhogin, much less Lafleur, in either the AHL or the NHL.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:48 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

Real talk.

Well said, your second post but a great one!

Those that want Perez traded obviously know very little about this kid... That would be a Rejean Houle type of move.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 07:56 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Well not many people here seem to think highly of him, so I don't see how he is being overrated. Au contraire.

didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
Julien completely destroyed his season imo , i think he's gonna surprise a lot of people next year and score at least 20 if he play with Plekanec.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:08 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Chipchura View Post
Well not many people here seem to think highly of him, so I don't see how he is being overrated. Au contraire.
His speed is above average... not the burner he was touted as. His shot and goal-scoring instincts aren't what they were projected to be after his RSL season. Extremely streaky. He looks to be a complement player rather than the catalyst we thought he naturally was. When it comes down to it we should be pleased if he becomes a legitimate 2nd liner.

Old
07-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Julien completely destroyed his season imo , i think he's gonna surprise a lot of people next year and score at least 20 if he play with Plekanec.
Agreed.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:19 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
His speed is above average... not the burner he was touted as. His shot and goal-scoring instincts aren't what they were projected to be after his RSL season. Extremely streaky. He looks to be a complement player rather than the catalyst we thought he naturally was. When it comes down to it we should be pleased if he becomes a legitimate 2nd liner.
It's also hard to factor in, lack of confidence, struggling in a new league, etc.. Who's to say how much the lockout/AHL suspension hurt him since he had one season over here and then went back to Russia when he needed to be in North America working on his English.

I saw him play a good bit during the lockout and I still can't beleive it was the same player I saw this year in the NHL. I can understand that the smaller ice and more physical game can have a big impact on a player, but he'll have to do much, much better this year and if he plays like he did in the RSL then he should work his way into the top 6 imo. I like to see what kind of impact Samsonov will have on him, since he's another small offensivley gifted forward. At camp I'd love to see a Samsonov Grabovsky Perehzogin line just to see how fast they would be.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:31 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Perezhogin will hopefully have a much better year he began and finished with a spark.
I will not forget his first NHL goal he scored against the Rangers wow was that amazing. And then in the playoffs when he received the ice he again proved that he has elite talent!

But most that include him in proposals believe that
A. His value is high
B. The habs have many prospects on the wings
C. Think that his rough patch in the middle of the season may not be an anomaly but rather a terrible trend!
D) Marcel Hossa had proven just as much in his 5 years with the Habs as Perezhogin has in his... and we're coming up to the anniversary of Hossa being traded for a 4th liner.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:36 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I would not want him traded unless something really good was coming the other way. The team is finally getting some good young depth and IMO it's not time to start trading it away.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:36 PM
turnbuckle*

I have to say I was a little disappointed by his finishing abilities last season, and his effort on occasions, but there's no denying his skill

Is he a future 30+ goal scorer? Tough to say at this point, but he's going to have to start showing more of a sniper's touch. Right now I'd be happy if he hit 20.

40 assist-man? I don't think so, but he could be a 35 assist player if he gets on a good scoring line someday.

Big season for Perezhogin. He shows as much inconsistency as last season and he'll soon be passed by Kostitsyn. He puts it together and he's got a third line spot at the very least, and perhaps Ryder's spot if Michael continues his regression.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Form and Substance

He'll score 28 goals and assist on 24 others next season!

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 09:10 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
if he would be majorly overrated , no ones would proposed to deal him .

we don't want to trade the players that are good or the ones we like . That teaches that Perezhogin is or bad , or underrated .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 09:53 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
if he would be majorly overrated , no ones would proposed to deal him .

we don't want to trade the players that are good or the ones we like . That teaches that Perezhogin is or bad , or underrated .
Since when does having him mentioned in a dozen or so trade proposals speak for the entire community? And I'm not even going to address the ensuing outrage in the threads that dared mention him in a proposal. It also could also have to do with posters finally using their brain and giving up something more than Ribeiro, Aebischer, and a 2nd rounder in their proposals.

Alot of people don't see it just like they don't see it with many of our prospects. Just last month I read a post stating that Perezhogin was a physical force... citing the Primeau incident as evidence and no other poster took objection to it. Then they're the endless amount of "put Perezhogin on the top-2 lines and he'll replace Ryder". It's normal as a biased fan to not recognize Perezhogin's lack of natural goal-scoring ability and his tendancy to get rattled when the going gets tough. That's why he's overrated.