HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A right winger named Reed Low?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-28-2006, 06:28 PM
  #1
hckyfan0099
Registered User
 
hckyfan0099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BUFU
Country: United States
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
A right winger named Reed Low?

What are the Blackhawks thinking? They sign a 6-4 227 pound right winger with 19 career points in 250 games. He also racks up the penalty minutes like no other.

Anyone think this was a good move?

hckyfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 06:33 PM
  #2
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyfan0099 View Post
What are the Blackhawks thinking? They sign a 6-4 227 pound right winger with 19 career points in 250 games. He also racks up the penalty minutes like no other.

Anyone think this was a good move?
I think it was a good move. Reed Low is a good fighter. He provides the team with some toughness and can keep teams from running Havlat for example. Then again, I am biased as I wanted the Hawks to sign a real heavy weight.

Its a terrible move if he is signed to be a top line scorer, but I doubt Tallon signed him for that role

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 06:37 PM
  #3
hckyfan0099
Registered User
 
hckyfan0099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BUFU
Country: United States
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert #24 View Post
I think it was a good move. Reed Low is a good fighter. He provides the team with some toughness and can keep teams from running Havlat for example. Then again, I am biased as I wanted the Hawks to sign a real heavy weight.

Its a terrible move if he is signed to be a top line scorer, but I doubt Tallon signed him for that role
Then agian I am pretty biased too... I am all about the stats and about a high scoring team

hckyfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 06:41 PM
  #4
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyfan0099 View Post
Then agian I am pretty biased too... I am all about the stats and about a high scoring team
Well, thats something the Hawks will not be for a while. So while they are down in the basement, why not duke it out

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 07:20 PM
  #5
Wally112pac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
He's on a 2-way deal.

He's not goin see a lot of time in the NHL.

All teams make depth moves like these.

Wally112pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2006, 08:00 PM
  #6
hckyfan0099
Registered User
 
hckyfan0099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BUFU
Country: United States
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert #24 View Post
Well, thats something the Hawks will not be for a while. So while they are down in the basement, why not duke it out
I like your style...

hckyfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 08:58 AM
  #7
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac View Post
He's on a 2-way deal.

He's not goin see a lot of time in the NHL.

All teams make depth moves like these.
I rather have Reed Low skate on the fourth line, then someone who would be better served with more ice time in Norfolk. Why not have a guy that can fight in the lineup, someone that can go out and hit a couple of players and then drop the gloves.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:25 AM
  #8
Wally112pac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert #24 View Post
I rather have Reed Low skate on the fourth line, then someone who would be better served with more ice time in Norfolk. Why not have a guy that can fight in the lineup, someone that can go out and hit a couple of players and then drop the gloves.
The problem is this team has a lot better 4th liners than Reed Low.

Players like him are goin out of style.

Wally112pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 11:25 AM
  #9
I hate Jon Sim
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Reed Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac View Post
The problem is this team has a lot better 4th liners than Reed Low.

Players like him are goin out of style.
He has no offense, all he can do is bleed and will play for cheap. Say hello to our new assistant captain

I hate Jon Sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:02 PM
  #10
Wally112pac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I hate Jon Sim View Post
He has no offense, all he can do is bleed and will play for cheap.
What's your point? I pretty much just said that.

Wally112pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:47 PM
  #11
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac View Post
The problem is this team has a lot better 4th liners than Reed Low.

Players like him are goin out of style.
Bah, and humbug. Reed Low is the best enforcer the Blackhawks have right now. Stick him on a line with another enforcer (say why not sign Rhino again), and a real pest and you have a nice fourth line.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 12:47 PM
  #12
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I hate Jon Sim View Post
He has no offense, all he can do is bleed and will play for cheap. Say hello to our new assistant captain
Then we will have an assistant captain that stands up for his teammates.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 01:40 PM
  #13
Wally112pac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert #24 View Post
Bah, and humbug. Reed Low is the best enforcer the Blackhawks have right now. Stick him on a line with another enforcer (say why not sign Rhino again), and a real pest and you have a nice fourth line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac View Post
Players like him are goin out of style.
It's not 1998. You need to be able to play to take a regular shift now a days.

With all the penalties the team took last year the last thing they need are 2 fighters on the 4th line.

Barnaby was a real pest and he flopped.

Wally112pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 03:55 PM
  #14
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac View Post
It's not 1998. You need to be able to play to take a regular shift now a days.

With all the penalties the team took last year the last thing they need are 2 fighters on the 4th line.

Barnaby was a real pest and he flopped.
I want it to be like the good old days, the 70's and the 80's. And while its not going to be like that again. The Hawks are not going to win much anyway this season, so why not just throw in a real fourth line.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 03:58 PM
  #15
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
While I might be in minority on this board regarding this. I rather see my team go down fighting, then go down without any emotions or any spirit. Lets lose games in style

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 04:12 PM
  #16
DrVanntastic
Registered User
 
DrVanntastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wentzville, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,876
vCash: 350
The problem with Low is that... well... he jsut isn't all that good. Guy can't really skate well, not to good of a passer. About the only thing Low CAN do is drop the gloves. Wasn't even good enough to crack the Blues' line-up last year. In fact we went out and signed another tough guy (read: Downey). Low has good character, but that's about it.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 04:41 PM
  #17
Gardebut30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
Low has good character, but that's about it.
Sounds like we should've signed him last summer

Gardebut30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 05:02 PM
  #18
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
The problem with Low is that... well... he jsut isn't all that good. Guy can't really skate well, not to good of a passer. About the only thing Low CAN do is drop the gloves. Wasn't even good enough to crack the Blues' line-up last year. In fact we went out and signed another tough guy (read: Downey). Low has good character, but that's about it.
Who cares, his job is to drop the gloves witch he is good at.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.