HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Top 5 Hitters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-29-2006, 09:26 PM
  #1
Grizzly Adams
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Jose
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Top 5 Hitters

Since rankings are the reason for the season, lets hear your top 5.

Grizzly Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:27 PM
  #2
bigjags*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Dion
Bert
Darius
Ovy
Forsie

bigjags* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:28 PM
  #3
Grizzly Adams
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Jose
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
People that come to mind for me are Ovechkin, Exelby, Orpik, and Murray.

Grizzly Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:28 PM
  #4
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain
 
Blades of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,334
vCash: 500
Doug Murray can hit. Vitali Vishnevski as well.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:44 PM
  #5
fullclip
Prepare to die
 
fullclip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UBC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Ohlund is a pretty nasty checker too.

fullclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:46 PM
  #6
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Gauthier?

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:46 PM
  #7
The Mars Volchenkov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 37,132
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
<-------

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:52 PM
  #8
Grizzly Adams
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Jose
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bletchley View Post
Dion
Bert
Darius
Ovy
Forsie
I am very dissapointed in the first list constructed.

Dion - top 5 in the leauge?
Bert - doesn't hit like he use to.
Kasper - past his prime.
Ovy - Agree.
Forsberg - he's pretty good, but I don't think top 5.


Garthier is a very good hitter.

Grizzly Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:53 PM
  #9
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
i dont know so much about the rest of the league... but I know guys like Vishnevski, Gauthier, Tucker... etc can really dish em out... but I must say I'm pleasantly spoiled in the hitting department as a flames fan as Regehr, Warrener, Phaneuf, McCarty and company throw alot of god and very hard hits

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:54 PM
  #10
Rattray
Registered User
 
Rattray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
1.Phaneuf
2.Blake
3.Peca
4.Volchenkov
5.Kaspairatis
6.Ohlund
7.Pronger
8.Ovechkin
9.Bertuzzi
10.Cooke

Rattray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:54 PM
  #11
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelobster View Post
I am very dissapointed in the first list constructed.

Dion - top 5 in the leauge?
Bert - doesn't hit like he use to.
Kasper - past his prime.
Ovy - Agree.
Forsberg - he's pretty good, but I don't think top 5.
you would put Ovechkin in the top 5 for hitting but not Phaneuf? are you on crack? Phaneuf not only throws alot of hits he also throws alot of huge hits

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:55 PM
  #12
bigjags*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelobster View Post
I am very dissapointed in the first list constructed.

Dion - top 5 in the leauge?
Bert - doesn't hit like he use to.
Kasper - past his prime.
Ovy - Agree.
Forsberg - he's pretty good, but I don't think top 5.


Garthier is a very good hitter.
You're probably right, but I quickly thought of 5 guys and they were the 1st to come to mind. When Bert steam rolled Dion last year that was sexy.

bigjags* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:56 PM
  #13
Ludo
Registered User
 
Ludo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Francis Bouillon (MTL) hasn't shown up on anyone's list. He finished 3rd last season.

Ludo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:57 PM
  #14
Grizzly Adams
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Jose
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bletchley View Post
You're probably right, but I quickly thought of 5 guys and they were the 1st to come to mind. When Bert steam rolled Dion last year that was sexy.
I liked his hit on Chelios.

Grizzly Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 09:59 PM
  #15
Danny__K
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i dont know so much about the rest of the league... but I know guys like Vishnevski, Gauthier, Tucker... etc can really dish em out... but I must say I'm pleasantly spoiled in the hitting department as a flames fan as Regehr, Warrener, Phaneuf, McCarty and company throw alot of god and very hard hits
no kidding

Warenner poping Bertuzzis lid off was my hit of the year. May not have been as visually impressive as some of the other hits but knocking a 245 pound Bertuzzi flat on his *** is a hell of a lot more impressive then leveling some small forward like Briere know matter how hard you hit him.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:00 PM
  #16
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
no kidding

Warenner poping Bertuzzis lid off was my hit of the year. May not have been as visually impressive as some of the other hits but knocking a 245 pound Bertuzzi flat on his *** is a hell of a lot more impressive then leveling some small forward like Briere know matter how hard you hit him.
mine was when Regehr flipped buddy head over heals into his own bench... and warreners hit on (i forget his name) in the playoffs and he missed a few games with internal injuries

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:00 PM
  #17
bigjags*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Perezhogin anyone? lol

His accidental hit on Premeau was good.

bigjags* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:01 PM
  #18
welch04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
who was the player that knocked out RJ umberger in the playoffs? i believe they were playing buffalo. that was a HUGE hit

welch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:02 PM
  #19
Lyons71
Registered User
 
Lyons71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
mine was when Regehr flipped buddy head over heals into his own bench... and warreners hit on (i forget his name) in the playoffs and he missed a few games with internal injuries
Fedoruk

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:02 PM
  #20
Ludo
Registered User
 
Ludo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by welch04 View Post
who was the player that knocked out RJ umberger in the playoffs? i believe they were playing buffalo. that was a HUGE hit
Campbell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkp9qv15dA

Ludo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:04 PM
  #21
andimgone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,582
vCash: 500
One of my favourite hits from this year.

Ballard hits Park

andimgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:06 PM
  #22
Ronald Pagan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,319
vCash: 500
For every hard hit Gauthier lands he either takes a penalty on another hit or misses and puts himself badly out of position.

A great hitter is a guy who can hit hard without screwing up alot. Thus scratch Gauthier.

My list:

Regehr - best at rubbing out along the boards behind the net. He hits to hurt.

Phaneuf - 3rd in the league in hits as a rookie. Many of them of the bone crunching variety.

Orpik - very hard nosed, goes for the big hit.

Exelby - goes for the huge hit. He's not as dirty as Gauthier.

Scott Stevens' ghost - even as a wraith it'll hit you our of your wet dream and into a nightmare

Ronald Pagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:14 PM
  #23
xeric716x
Born To Expire
 
xeric716x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jack City
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattray View Post
1.Phaneuf
2.Blake
3.Peca
4.Volchenkov
5.Kaspairatis
6.Ohlund
7.Pronger
8.Ovechkin
9.Bertuzzi
10.Cooke
solid list

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:27 PM
  #24
Schitzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
I'm just being a homer here, but I think Torres really stepped his game up this year. Knocked Michalek out, knocked Doug Weight out, damaged Aaron Ward...

Schitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 10:31 PM
  #25
Rattray
Registered User
 
Rattray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schitzo View Post
I'm just being a homer here, but I think Torres really stepped his game up this year. Knocked Michalek out, knocked Doug Weight out, damaged Aaron Ward...
Not a homer at all, Torres is a beast.

Honourable mention to Marchment too. Although lots of hits are cheap, he'll still throw the odd bonecrusher throughout the year.

Rattray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.