HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leetch's 22 to Donovan

Old
07-30-2006, 02:10 PM
danroy33

vCash: 500
Leetch's 22 to Donovan

I just saw this and also posted it in the Bruins forum. Shean Donovan of Boston was given No. 22 (Leetch's former number) according to the Bruins roster. Does this signal the return of Leetch? Eklund this morning on XM talked about Leetch's decision being a return to the NYR, a move to Detroit, or retirement.

danroy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 02:31 PM
nyr7andcounting

If he signs a resonable 1 year deal I'd love to have him back. He can replace Roszival who can then be traded

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Entrancemperium

Hmm I don't think Detroit are willing anymore with Markov in the fold.

I say bring him back

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 02:56 PM
shoothepuck

He comes back for a 1 year deal or retires.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Yizee*

he's too darn old - but if you expect him to take alot of ice time like he did in the past forget that idea - I saw that goal that roenick scored a couple years ago in the playoffs against the leafs and leetch was slow on defense getting back and he was overworked - I think he needs to retire and not be like baldheaded messier and keep signing contracts - I thought Rangers were getting away from signing useless players?

Yizee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
This doesn't really mean much of anything. It was pretty much assumed for awhile now that Leetch wasn't returning to Boston.

Theoren Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 08:19 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Eklund being on XM is more troublesome than the title of the thread in my opinion.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 01:46 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Leetch coming back?

Yeah he's not a top pair guy anymore, but I think he is still a fine top 6 defender and would really help our younger guys (Sanguinetti/Pock/Baranka). Leetch signed to a one year base deal worth about 2 mill and play on our 3rd pair and QB the PP would be fine with me.

I don't think it would take away from a younger player because hey, the season is long and your gonna have injuries on the blueline. The youngins will still get thier feet wet. If Leetch does sign though, what does this mean for Rozsival?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:25 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Leetch coming back?

Yeah he's not a top pair guy anymore, but I think he is still a fine top 6 defender and would really help our younger guys (Sanguinetti/Pock/Baranka). Leetch signed to a one year base deal worth about 2 mill and play on our 3rd pair and QB the PP would be fine with me.

I don't think it would take away from a younger player because hey, the season is long and your gonna have injuries on the blueline. The youngins will still get thier feet wet. If Leetch does sign though, what does this mean for Rozsival?
This means we ship Rozsival's *** out. I'd much rather have Leetch at 2 million for 1 year then Rozsival at 2 million for 4 years.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:37 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

They will let anyone on satellite radio

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 09:14 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
They will let anyone on satellite radio
LMAO

Old
07-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
Eklund being on XM is more troublesome than the title of the thread in my opinion.
My sentiments exactly. I really hope he is paid in doughnuts and plastic sporks.

It would be nice to see Leetch back in MSG. He's still got some game in him and it would add depth to their blueline giving some of the prospects more time to learn the pro game in Hartford.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizee View Post
he's too darn old - but if you expect him to take alot of ice time like he did in the past forget that idea - I saw that goal that roenick scored a couple years ago in the playoffs against the leafs and leetch was slow on defense getting back and he was overworked - I think he needs to retire and not be like baldheaded messier and keep signing contracts - I thought Rangers were getting away from signing useless players?

garbage... every defenseman, i don't care HOW good they are, at some point gets burned for a goal... referring to one goal a few years ago is garbage. Is Leetch the same player he was for us in '94? of course not. Is he useless? absolutely not. If he plays a third pairing and is on the power play I think he could help this team way more than roszival can.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 11:15 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22 View Post

garbage... every defenseman, i don't care HOW good they are, at some point gets burned for a goal... referring to one goal a few years ago is garbage. Is Leetch the same player he was for us in '94? of course not. Is he useless? absolutely not. If he plays a third pairing and is on the power play I think he could help this team way more than roszival can.
I've been saying this for a while now. Add in that I would rather commit to Leetch for one season than Rozsival for multiple years. I'd even give Leetch more money that Rozsival for one year.

Malik-Rachunek
Kaspar-Tyutin
Leetch-Ward

07-31-2006, 11:21 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I've been saying this for a while now. Add in that I would rather commit to Leetch for one season than Rozsival for multiple years. I'd even give Leetch more money that Rozsival for one year.

Malik-Rachunek
Kaspar-Tyutin
Leetch-Ward
Now those duos look HOT HOT HOT!!!

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:

Malik-Rachunek
Kaspar-Tyutin
Leetch-Ward
i agree. i think the key would be to make sure you dont give him first pairing minutes. i thought having messier around was good IF they limited his minutes, which they never did. I would love to see Leetch back but not as a first pairing.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 11:40 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:

Malik-Rachunek
Kaspar-Tyutin
Leetch-Ward
those pairings look bulletproof...
My only issue is the ozolinsh problem, What comes of him?
He's still under contract.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 11:57 AM
TheRedressor

Ozolinsh can any of these guys out if he wants to make the team. He still has the talent to be a top-4 dman in the league. If he comes to camp ready to battle, see no reason he doesn't make the top 6.

I would like to keep him as the #7 and rotate our D so we don't collapse at the end of the season but 2.75 million is a little high.

Old
07-31-2006, 01:15 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

What's goin on with Strudwick?? Or did I miss it.

Old
07-31-2006, 02:25 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
What's goin on with Strudwick?? Or did I miss it.
Strudwick appears to be a 1yr veteran stopgap. With the addition of Rachunek/Richter, they have players with better upside to fill a 7th dman/pressbox position.

While Jason exceeded his expectations, he was still a very limited player. He was a great team player, but the Rangers just didn't have a prospect in Hartford who was ready to step-in and play consistently. Jason served his purpose and by his play last year, should find some interest in the league w/ his low salary.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 02:34 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Strudwick appears to be a 1yr veteran stopgap. With the addition of Rachunek/Richter, they have players with better upside to fill a 7th dman/pressbox position.

While Jason exceeded his expectations, he was still a very limited player. He was a great team player, but the Rangers just didn't have a prospect in Hartford who was ready to step-in and play consistently. Jason served his purpose and by his play last year, should find some interest in the league w/ his low salary.
I was familar with his work last year, I was asking if its certain he wont be with the team next year or whatever.

Old
07-31-2006, 02:58 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
I was familar with his work last year, I was asking if its certain he wont be with the team next year or whatever.
He won't be back.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote