HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton in 2006-2007

Old
07-30-2006, 08:51 PM
not quite yoda

vCash: 500
Hamilton in 2006-2007

Koivu, Plekanec, Ribeiro, Bonk, Begin, Samsonov, Higgins, Murray, Downey, Ryder, Kovalev, Johnson, Perezhogin.

There are 13 of the 14 forwards who will start the season.

Now name the 14th forward to make the team (assuming only 1 rookie makes it).
Then Name what you think Hamilton's entire lineup will look like next season.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man View Post
Koivu, Plekanec, Ribeiro, Bonk, Begin, Samsonov, Higgins, Murray, Downey, Ryder, Kovalev, Johnson, Perezhogin.

Well....our starting line-up shoul dlook something like this.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Ribeiro - Kovalev
Johnsson - Plekanec - ????
Begin - Bonk - Murray

Nothing is set in stone for Higgins on the 1sr line though. he might fall to 3rd line duties if he doesn't keep up the good work like last season. So I guess it's one of Kostitsyn or Perezhogin that are gonna get the spot. I would have to say Perezhogin in any situation because....

1) He has played a bit in the NHL.

2) Timmins said that Kost will play with Grab in Hamilton (though nothing is set in stone)

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 10:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man View Post

Impossible to guess who will get the final spot. Maybe they rotate guys in and out of the lineup. I expect Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Ferland, Chipchura and Grabovsky will get in some games, even if it's only one or two for some of them.

Hamilton could look like

Grabovsky Manlow Kostitsyn
Lemieux Locke D'Agostini
Chipchura Lapierre Ferland/Milroy (Milroy should replace who's NHL bound)
Lambert Urquhart Aubin

Jancevski Archer
Cote Sanford
Benoit Gleed

Danis
Halak

Bonneau, Stewart, Dulac, Desjardins ECHL bound. But I suspect Gainey will add more players to Hamilton's roster and the owner gets to add one more player as well.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:10 AM
Marksman

Seems like Cote will be taking that 23rd spot with the team, if both Bouillon and Streit are out when the season starts.

Kostitsyn should be the bubble boy, to start with Grabovski @Hamilton and when we get more than one forward injuries, back with the big team.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Impossible to guess who will get the final spot. Maybe they rotate guys in and out of the lineup. I expect Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Ferland, Chipchura and Grabovsky will get in some games, even if it's only one or two for some of them.

Hamilton could look like

Grabovsky Manlow Kostitsyn
Lemieux Locke D'Agostini
Chipchura Lapierre Ferland/Milroy (Milroy should replace who's NHL bound)
Lambert Urquhart Aubin

Jancevski Archer
Cote Sanford
Benoit Gleed

Danis
Halak

Bonneau, Stewart, Dulac, Desjardins ECHL bound. But I suspect Gainey will add more players to Hamilton's roster and the owner gets to add one more player as well.
I like what I see up front but it seems a little thin on the blue line, especially if Côté hangs on to a spot in the Bigs.

I have a couple of questions for you, or whoever has the goods
Are there any news on the O'Byrne and/or Emelin front ?
Do the habs intend to developp Grabovsky as a winger os as a center ? what position did he primarily play in past years ?
Is it a good idea to have that many natural centermen in that team ( If Manlow is indeed a center, I count 7 of them !!! Grabovsky, Manlow, Locke, Chipchura, Lapierre, Aubin, Urquhart ) If say Aubin and/ur Urquhart performs well, could it spell the end of the line for Locke ?

So oh so many questions

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 12:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
I like what I see up front but it seems a little thin on the blue line, especially if Côté hangs on to a spot in the Bigs.

I have a couple of questions for you, or whoever has the goods
Are there any news on the O'Byrne and/or Emelin front ?
Do the habs intend to developp Grabovsky as a winger os as a center ? what position did he primarily play in past years ?
Is it a good idea to have that many natural centermen in that team ( If Manlow is indeed a center, I count 7 of them !!! Grabovsky, Manlow, Locke, Chipchura, Lapierre, Aubin, Urquhart ) If say Aubin and/ur Urquhart performs well, could it spell the end of the line for Locke ?

So oh so many questions

No word on O'Byrne but there is a rumor of sorts that the Russian Federation will finally sign the PTA. I heard a deadline of Aug 15th was imposed but it sounded like a weak threat from the IIHF since they said it could be extended. If the PTA is signed, then I assume there's still hope in getting Emelin over here although I have no clue if they can get him to come over or not. It will be a 3 year, 2 way deal but I assume he and his camp weren't happy with the dollar amount but that's a complete guess and could easily be wrong. As a 3rd round pick perhaps he's trying to get 1st round money but hopefully the PTA will be signed and we'll see what Gainey can do. I really hope O'Byrne signs but if not then he'll be in Hamilton either after his season is over this year or the next year.

Don't know where Grabovsky will lineup. He's more of a center then LW. Manlow is a center, don't know if he can play wing or not. Locke should be one of Hamilton's top scorers again this year, after that we'll see if he gets resigned. Personally I don't see either Urquhart or Aubin taking his spot any time soon but we'll see.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
No word on O'Byrne but there is a rumor of sorts that the Russian Federation will finally sign the PTA. I heard a deadline of Aug 15th was imposed but it sounded like a weak threat from the IIHF since they said it could be extended. If the PTA is signed, then I assume there's still hope in getting Emelin over here although I have no clue if they can get him to come over or not. It will be a 3 year, 2 way deal but I assume he and his camp weren't happy with the dollar amount but that's a complete guess and could easily be wrong. As a 3rd round pick perhaps he's trying to get 1st round money but hopefully the PTA will be signed and we'll see what Gainey can do. I really hope O'Byrne signs but if not then he'll be in Hamilton either after his season is over this year or the next year.

Don't know where Grabovsky will lineup. He's more of a center then LW. Manlow is a center, don't know if he can play wing or not. Locke should be one of Hamilton's top scorers again this year, after that we'll see if he gets resigned. Personally I don't see either Urquhart or Aubin taking his spot any time soon but we'll see.

Thanks for the answers !! I hope they finally get a deal done with Russia, I'm dying to see Emelin play in America !!!

As for Hamilton, I just hope Gainey won't allow for one of our good prospect at center to be shipped on the wing. I'd hate to see chipper, Grabovsky or even Aubin having to spend the year on the wings cause we have a surplus of center. Especially if it's at the benefit of Locke, who I can't see making it in the NHL. Hamilton is a developpment club, so I say let's developp the players who have the most chances to be developped into real NHLers.

Old
07-31-2006, 02:08 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If the PTA is signed, then I assume there's still hope in getting Emelin over here although I have no clue if they can get him to come over or not. It will be a 3 year, 2 way deal but I assume he and his camp weren't happy with the dollar amount but that's a complete guess and could easily be wrong. As a 3rd round pick perhaps he's trying to get 1st round money but hopefully the PTA will be signed and we'll see what Gainey can do.
I had thought that part of the issues surrounding Emelin were transfer fees from his former clubs, not his actual contract salary. I could be way off, though.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 05:09 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
Well....our starting line-up shoul dlook something like this.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Ribeiro - Kovalev
Johnsson - Plekanec - ????
Begin - Bonk - Murray

Nothing is set in stone for Higgins on the 1sr line though. he might fall to 3rd line duties if he doesn't keep up the good work like last season. So I guess it's one of Kostitsyn or Perezhogin that are gonna get the spot. I would have to say Perezhogin in any situation because....

1) He has played a bit in the NHL.

2) Timmins said that Kost will play with Grab in Hamilton (though nothing is set in stone)
What if Latendresse starts the season in Montreal and plays more than 10 games (can't be sent back to Junior), can he be sent to Hamilton? That would be a way of circumventing the rule and giving him a professional setting to continue his progression.

Last edited by 24Cups: 07-31-2006 at 05:11 PM. Reason: posting error
24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 05:15 PM
TroyM

Grabovski - Manlow - Kostitsyn
Lemieux - Locke - D'Agostini
Milroy? - Chipchura - Aubin
Stewart - Lapierre - Ferland

Urquhart, Bonneau, Lambert

Cote-Benoit
Sanford - Jancevski
??? [korp/emelin/gleed/dulac?] - Archer

G1: Danis
G2: Halak

That's the way I see Hamilton possibly shaping up, the defense is still a complicated one for me to figure out.

TroyM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
What if Latendresse starts the season in Montreal and plays more than 10 games (can't be sent back to Junior), can he be sent to Hamilton? That would be a way of circumventing the rule and giving him a professional setting to continue his progression.
No, he can't. He'd have to stay on the Habs' roster.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 05:18 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
No, he can't. He'd have to stay on the Habs' roster.
No he wouldn't. He CAN be sent down to junior but if he played more than 10 NHL games, the year counts as a full pro year (regarding contract status, arbitration rights, etc...) But there is no way he can en up un AHL

Old
07-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Grabovski - Manlow - Kostitsyn
WHO?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Grabo59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
WHO?
He was signed by the Habs to an AHL contract this off-season. Last year he had 25 goals and 72 points with Grand Rapids. He is one off the best players in the league IMO.

Grabo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by michayel View Post
He was signed by the Habs to an AHL contract this off-season. Last year he had 25 goals and 72 points with Grand Rapids. He is one off the best players in the league IMO.

Just to clarify, signed by Bulldogs owner Michael Andlauer not the Habs.

Bulldog fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by michayel View Post
Wow .. !! When he sign ... ??

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Wow .. !! When he sign ... ??
Don't get too excited. He put up nice AHL numbers last year... at age 30.

But he's a good veteran to have around the kids, and will help make Hamilton more competitive. Hamilton signed him to an AHL contract a few weeks ago (note, he is not Habs property; just Hamilton's).

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 11:34 PM
Bryzga lol*

With Montreal, Manlow doesn't really have a shot of cracking the line-up because of the overload of young talent. It's too bad he had a great season last year. Grabovski - Manlow - Kostitsyn looks like an awesome top line.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote