HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha ?

Old
08-01-2006, 08:10 AM
DisturbedPO

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DisturbedPO
Prucha ?

Hey guys!

I was wondering what you guys think of him ?
What can we expect from him next year ? 1st line duty with Jagr again ?

Seems like a pretty decent player!

DisturbedPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 08:13 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Nah, not first line with Jags. Even though they worked good together at times, he was used more on the second and third lines. Still effective on the second line, not so much on the third.

This year however could be different. It seems he might actually fit on the third line and still be useful. Whether hes on line 2 or 3 will depend on where they want to use Adam Hall IMO.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Levitate

I don't like the idea of him on the 3rd line unless that 3rd line is getting just as much icetime as the 2nd line

I could see him being moved around depending on the situation and how guys are playing at the time.

production wise, I expect 30 goals again, dammit

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:25 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I don't like the idea of him on the 3rd line unless that 3rd line is getting just as much icetime as the 2nd line

I could see him being moved around depending on the situation and how guys are playing at the time.

production wise, I expect 30 goals again, dammit
i can see him 2ed line this season and alot of PP time.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedPO View Post
Hey guys!

I was wondering what you guys think of him ?
What can we expect from him next year ? 1st line duty with Jagr again ?

Seems like a pretty decent player!
Yeah, he's a good fantasy pick so take him

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
yeah, it depends on how they use Shanny though IMO. Does Shanny get first unit PP time all the time now? Does he stay at LW the whole time and force Prucha to play RW, or are the Rangers gonna switch that around at times? hard to say, though the feeling I get is the Rangers will look at this as having some flexibility to use guys in different situations.

Also, the PP option is to have either Prucha or Shanny start the PP, and then go off after 45 seconds - 1 minute and then the other come on. Jagr's gonna be out there for most of it anyways, so it's not like they both won't get to play with him.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Fletch

If it's a third line...

with Immonen (who shows he's ready to help offensively) and Ward, I wouldn't be too upset, even with a couple less minutes than the second line, so long as he can still get 13-14 minutes per night and we don't see too many under 10 minute nights. The problem will be on the PP, and thus getting to the 13-14 minutes per night will be quite difficult, and his numbers will ultimately suffer greatly.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 11:02 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
with Immonen (who shows he's ready to help offensively) and Ward, I wouldn't be too upset, even with a couple less minutes than the second line, so long as he can still get 13-14 minutes per night and we don't see too many under 10 minute nights. The problem will be on the PP, and thus getting to the 13-14 minutes per night will be quite difficult, and his numbers will ultimately suffer greatly.
Thats exactly how I see it. If we have a Shanny-Cullen-Hall 2nd line and a Prucha-Immo-Ward 3rd line, I could live with and enjoy that.

Old
08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Limey FK

Send a message via AIM to Limey FK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
Thats exactly how I see it. If we have a Shanny-Cullen-Hall 2nd line and a Prucha-Immo-Ward 3rd line, I could live with and enjoy that.
Although, I think Prucha - Cullen would be a great combination. Both shifty players who show some tenacity and have a nose for the net..

Limey FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 11:09 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey FK View Post
Although, I think Prucha - Cullen would be a great combination. Both shifty players who show some tenacity and have a nose for the net..
I somewhat agree. That could be quite the combo. But I think if you put Pruchs on the thrid line it makes line 3 better without doing much damage to line 2. More balance between the lines, basically.

Plus they might counteract each other, you know, too many cooks spoil the stew kinda thing.

Old
08-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Fletch

Trying to find the right balance...

is going to be key. Prucha obviously played best with Jagr (and I'd argue that you'd get more net production with Prucha on that line than Straka, but Straka isn't very useful off that line). Prucha also played pretty well with Rucchin/Sykora, when that line was going. I don't think he played very well with Betts and Ward and wasn't the guy that was able to float their offensive boats higher. I like Prucha a lot, but think he's a better complementary player than a guy who's going to make other players better (i.e., be the man/focus). With the current lineup as it is, I think Cullen starts on a second line, and I'm guessing that's going to be with Shanny (and you never know, perhaps Prucha too, but I'm guess Hall gets first look there - can't say for sure why I have that gut feeling, but I think it would be where Hall would succeed the most, not so much that he'd do better than Prucha).

Too many permutations...my head's spinning.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 11:22 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I kinda like the idea of Prucha-Cullen-Hall as a 3rd line and Immonen breaking in on the 2nd with Shanny the savvy vet and finisher on his LW. Not sure who would play RW, though.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah, he's a good fantasy pick so take him
I fail to see what's wrong with the question.

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Pizza

Renney likes to use lots of different looks to throw off the opponents read of the Rangers game. So you'll probably see a repeat of what we saw last year. Prucha will be used on lines 1-3 and on the power play...maybe even the PK.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2006, 06:50 PM
shoothepuck

I agree that Renney will mix things up a bit, and as long as Prucha dosn't get into the Sophmore slump, he should get a nice mix of 2nd and 3rd line and pp time as well as shoot-out duty.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 07:41 AM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
thats where he should be, but for some reason the kid is always moved to the 3rd line for older veterens to play on the top 2 lines.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote