HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Draft 2005

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 06:47 PM
Castor Troy

vCash: 500
Draft 2005

I was talking to my roommates the other night about Crosby's draft year. Does anybody know how draft positions would be decided for 2005 NHL entry draft if the entire 2004-2005 season was locked out? I assume that in order for the draft to happen, a CBA would have to be in effect, however, let's say that the new CBA is signed sometime between April and July 1st, 2005. Would a new lottery be done with the same positioning as for the 2004 Entry draft? Would a completely random lottery including every team having the same chance at 1st pick be held? It'd be kinda scary if the team that got Ovechkin were to pick 1st and snatch Crosby in 2005. Anyone know what would happen in this situation?

Old
11-13-2003, 07:33 PM
SpezNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy
I was talking to my roommates the other night about Crosby's draft year. Does anybody know how draft positions would be decided for 2005 NHL entry draft if the entire 2004-2005 season was locked out? I assume that in order for the draft to happen, a CBA would have to be in effect, however, let's say that the new CBA is signed sometime between April and July 1st, 2005. Would a new lottery be done with the same positioning as for the 2004 Entry draft? Would a completely random lottery including every team having the same chance at 1st pick be held? It'd be kinda scary if the team that got Ovechkin were to pick 1st and snatch Crosby in 2005. Anyone know what would happen in this situation?
There was a debate few weeks ago about that issue on RDS (With Jacque Demers..). And they said that even the NHL DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPENS..

So, we can think and write what we want, nobody really know.

---------
Here my suggestion.

You put the 30 NHL team in a bag... and you choose the order by a lottery. (With the 30 teams, not only the non-playoffs teams)

Old
11-13-2003, 07:54 PM
Castor Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc
There was a debate few weeks ago about that issue on RDS (With Jacque Demers..). And they said that even the NHL DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPENS..

So, we can think and write that we want, nobody really know.

---------
Here my suggestion.

You put the 30 NHL team in the bag... and you choose the order by a lottery. (With the 30 team, not only the non-playoffs teams)
Thanks, I think that suggestion would be the best way to do it. I'd love to see what a guy like Crosby could do for a contender or playoff team. I've had enough of watching great young players play for brutal teams.

Closed Thread