HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huge Specimen

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2003, 07:35 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

vCash: 500
Huge Specimen

i just got back from the rpi-dartmouth game tonight and thought you ranger fans might like to know what i saw from hugh

he seemed a bit lazy and really didn't use his size by going in front of the net, though his skating is solid for a guy his size
he really didn't create much offensively, despite floating extensively
really likes to make frequent fly-bys through the slot looking for a centering pass, but he didn't get any tonight

but what really stood out was his stickwork, ranging from mere jabs to a dirty cross-check behind the play towards the end of the third
the player he hit went awkwardly into the boards and was down for quite a while - hugh definitely likes to use his stick on other players
however, he was able to stay out of the box save one or two occasions in a game that saw 20 minors, so he is quite adept at choosing his spots
the guy sitting next to me said jessiman's playing style reminded him of lindros, which can't be a bad thing

i liked what i saw because the mean streak was there allll game long
his effort seemed inconsistent, but he is certainly not a soft player
he seems like the type of player who likes to wait for opportunities and pounce on them, rather than create his own opportunities

what have you ranger fans observed or heard about concerning big 27?

Old
11-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Servo

I've never had the chance to see Jessiman play. Do you think he's as good as Stephen Baby was (or that he will be when he graduates)? How is his skating?

BTW, you guys sure ripped Vermont a new one last night. You might say you "hazed" them pretty good

Old
11-15-2003, 09:27 PM
RGF

your observations are accurate for hughs season thus far.. i go to dartmouth and have watched him several times..he is a playmaker which unfortunately you did not see tonight. he creates oppurtunities for others by using his size. he has played vicious last year and this year. his scoring has been lacking, but hell pick up.

Old
11-16-2003, 07:27 AM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo
I've never had the chance to see Jessiman play. Do you think he's as good as Stephen Baby was (or that he will be when he graduates)? How is his skating?

BTW, you guys sure ripped Vermont a new one last night. You might say you "hazed" them pretty good
yeah unfortunately i missed the uvm game
i couldn't tell you much about baby because i just graduated this year from college and was away from home (rpi is in my home city) for 4 years and didn't get many chances to see games
i only saw baby once in the frozen four games when they were on tv and i couldnt tell you much about him
as for jessiman's skating, it was better than i expected it to be
however, he doesn't really skate in his own end much
i noticed that he mostly entered the offensive zone by accelerating wide near the boards and then cutting across the slot or sweeping behind the net
his acceleration was probably what impressed me most about his skating, which like i said, is better than i thought it would be for a guy his size, but not elite or anything

Old
11-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I'll be seeing Hugh pay a weak Princeton team next Saturday, i expect good things. I'll post a report of the game afterwards.

Closed Thread