HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dominic Moore traded for Adam Hall

Old
07-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Dominic Moore traded for Adam Hall

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2224

Without knowing a ton about Hall, it seems like a good trade on the surface IMO. Hall is a big guy who plays a good north to south game, according to scouting reports. He's shown some more offense than Moore, but it's debatable whether Moore might find some more offense in his game as he spends more time in the NHL.

The Rangers alleviate some of the (potential) logjam at center and add size and grit to the lineup...not bad, but a few things. One, he's listed as a RW. Can he play other positions? Can he play LW? Is he going to bump Ward out of a spot? Or will he play on the 4th line?

Also, can he PK? That was a big plus for Dom, he was a good PKer. Hopefully the PK doesn't take a hit

edit again: It appears Nashville then flipped Moore to the Pens.

Last edited by Levitate: 07-19-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Hall is a third line winger imo. He has heart, passion and decent skills. You be the judge if he is a good trade for Dom Moore or not. I can't say since I've seen only Hall play live.

Padawan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Skroob*

Looks like that leaves Nylander, Cullen, Immonen and Betts as the centers down the middle.

hate to see the HMO line come to an end though. They were fun to watch.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I don't mind this trade much. We really had a glut of centers and this pretty much assures a spot being open for a guy like Immonen or Dubinsky on that 3rd line now.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Melrose_Jr.

I say good trade. Dom was in line with some tough competition for the 4th line spot out of camp. Kinda surprised he brings back Hall to be honest.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I say good trade. Dom was in line with some tough competition for the 4th line spot out of camp. Kinda surprised he brings back Hall to be honest.
Same here, as I feel that Hall is a definate upgrade for our team.

Old
07-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Synergy27

I am a huge Dominic Moore fan, but you really have to LOVE this trade. The Rangers have some serious organizational depth at center, so this to me means that the fourth line is going to be centered by a rookie this year (and not Immonen, I'm thinking either G. Moore or Dubinsky). Also, Hall scored nearly twice as many points as Moore did last season (he is always hovering around the 30 point mark), and he is alot bigger and more physical than Moore.

Great trade.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

And Moore is traded along with Pivko to Pittsburgh for a 3rd.

Old
07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Block More Shots

Solid deal...I liked Moore but I'm excited to see what Hall could potentially bring to our lineup. I feel like we won out on this trade.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Fletch

Interesting move...

although very curious and I don't think that's the last of Sather's moves. He acquires a guy who scored 15 goals last season, 10 of which were on the PP (is there enough PP time to go around for all these guys?). He had 4 goals and 9 assists at even strength to Moore's 7 and 7, with Moore playing less ES time. So, essentially Sather may've acquired a guy less productive than Moore, and a guy who was playing nearly 17 minutes each night. I don't mind Hall, I especially like his hustle and size, but I think there may be other moves.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:58 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Good trade, IMO.

07-19-2006, 03:58 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Where is Hall going to play? We already have guys like Ward and Ortmeyer playing RW on the bottom lines. I guess he moves to LW? Hall-Immonen-Ward could be a good line. Leaves Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer for the third line. Where does Hossa play? Plus I don't see room for Rucinsky coming back now.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Fletch

Levitate...

Hall is a decent PKer, from what I can recall.

Old
07-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Same here, as I feel that Hall is a definate upgrade for our team.
I'm thinking about how his acquisition might effect Hossa. I probably won't think too much about it as Fletch is probably right, the tinkering is not over.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Fletch

Nyr...

don't be surprised to see Hall playing with Cullen and Shanahan, unless Ward is moved. As I mentioned, Hall played nearly 17 minutes per night in Nashville. It would be odd to acquire a guy and then play him 12-13 minutes per night. I just wonder if he's going to get PP time. He spent a lot of time on the PP, which accounted for most of his production. He's not going to get those kind of minutes playing behind Jagr on the PP. Again, this is a curious move. They got a solid return, but I think I need to see how this all shakes out.

Old
07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Things will work themselves out. Bottom line is the Rangers got the better players. More size, more scoring, 11 days younger! Bigger upside.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FLYLine24*

Love this trade. I didnt see a spot for Moore this season anyway (unless he was going to play wing..but is isnt effective there at all) so getting size in exchange for him is a nice deal. The guy also has more scoring then Moore which is another upgrade. Not a huge trade, but a good one in my books.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i like this trade, but does anyone know if hall plays both wings? with the shanahan signing, it's more likely prucha is moved to 2nd line RW, and then ward, ortmeyer. where does hall play if he can't play 3rd line LW?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
The only thing I don't like about this is that Moore stays within the division...he will prove to be Rangers killer I bet.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Fletch

Singin'...

the 'more scoring' may be questionable, as I pointed out. He scored 3 less even strength goals than Moore did last season, and was on the ice for more minutes. Overall goal scoring, yes, but is he really going to play much on the PP at right wing to get 15 goals again? Perhaps he plays with better players and gets his scoring up (Shanny and Cullen). I just don't know as of now.

Old
07-19-2006, 04:07 PM
eco's bones

This is a very good deal. Hall is big and can play a physical game. He's a real 3rd liner and he's still pretty young. Like this a lot.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:09 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
don't be surprised to see Hall playing with Cullen and Shanahan, unless Ward is moved. As I mentioned, Hall played nearly 17 minutes per night in Nashville. It would be odd to acquire a guy and then play him 12-13 minutes per night.
Yeah Fletch you have a good point considering the minutes he was getting in Nashville. I guess we do have to wait and see if there are any additional moves before the season starts. Because if Ward isn't moved and Hall plays with Cullen and Shanny on the 2nd line, that leaves 2 top-two-line forwards (Straka and Prucha) vying for spots on the 1st line. I just don't want to see a guy like Prucha get bumped back down to the 3rd line, unless he's being centered by a guy more offensively capable than Betts.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:10 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I love this move. Hall is a guy who is a power forward type player, who can throw the body around and play a sound game on both sides. I liked Moore and he impressed me but this move i think is more about freeing up center ice which is great for other guys like the other Moore to get a crack.

Maybe- He also could be used on a power play unit (had 10 PP goals last season) and take punishment in front and not give a crap. The lack of guys in front was in my mind a huge problem for the Rangers last season. We havent seen that since a former Adam was around. Love it

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Edge

Gotta admit I REALLY like this trade, though I would've thought it'd take more to get Hall.

Hall is a kid I followed very closely in college and through the years, I've always liked him.

The thing with Hall is that I have a feeling that might still be another level for him to hit in his development. He's a big kid who hasn't always been on strong teams.

Honestly I do think he has 25 goal potential if he puts it all together. The kid won't be 26 till August and in the right system, could really surprise some people.

He is willing to drop the gloves as well, and I believe even had a scrap with Shanahan a few years back and held his own nicely.

I was thinking the other day how it'd be neat if the Rangers could get a younger power forward and have him learn from Shanahan. Hall might be a good candidate for that.

He can play either wing so that really isn't a problem and I don't think it'd be out of line to give him PP time and switch him into the top 6 as well. As I've said before, I think you'll see different combos depending on the situation and Hall could certainly fit with that approach.

REALLY like the move. He was a kid I wanted back in '99. Def. not a gurantee, but the potential is there for a bit more than what one might think we're getting.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 04:13 PM
frozenrubber

I'm with everyone here...I can't believe Dom Moore fetched this much.

And while a member of the successful PK last year, I think he's easily replaceable in that post. He's was not a stalwart in the Ortmeyer mold.

Dominic should be able to chip in about 30pts if he finds an optimal group of wingers. Best of luck.

But as it now stands, nice trade. Sucks for Jason Ward.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote