HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question from a Pens' Fan...

Old
08-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Jesse

vCash: 500
Question from a Pens' Fan...

Todd Richards was just hired as the Head Coach of the WB/S Penguins. I don't know much about Richards, other than the fact that he was the Assistant for the Admirals and he is a former Governors Trophy winner.

Anyone have any interesting tidbits or information on him that Pittsburgher's should know?

Looks like Shero is hiring all of his friends.

Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Todd Richards was just hired as the Head Coach of the WB/S Penguins. I don't know much about Richards, other than the fact that he was the Assistant for the Admirals and he is a former Governors Trophy winner.

Anyone have any interesting tidbits or information on him that Pittsburgher's should know?

Looks like Shero is hiring all of his friends.

Todd Richards is an excellent coach. Shero wouldn't hire him if he wasn't ready or qualified to do the job.

You guys got a good one.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I remember Todd Richards when he made his NHL debut with the Hartford Whalers. He was respected as a leader during his playing days and won several minor league championships as a player. I don't know how much he did in Milwaukee, but I'm willing to say that I think he has done an excellent job working with the defensemen that have come through the system and I think that he will do just fine with WB/S.

Shero knows Richards and has worked with him during his time in Nashville. If he believes Richards is ready to take over as the head coach, I believe he is too. Noel is a great coach to mentor under and I forsee Richards becoming a great head coach too.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote