HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Samsonov

Old
08-05-2006, 01:50 PM
kappa44

vCash: 500
Sergei Samsonov

As a hardcore habs fan Ive watched many of the Montreal/Boston epic battles, and even though Montreal won 95% of them I was still always a bit jealous of the team the Boston Bruins had. Even though they had no chemistry and no formula to win, when they had players on their team such as Thornton,Samsonov and Bergeron it was my gut feeling to be afraid before every game started.

I always though highly of Samsonov, and even though injury prone and not the big powerful forward Montreal needed, I feel hes a perfect fit for not only the new NHL but as well as the Montreal Canadians Organization.

Small but yet fast,agile and is the go to guy to get you that late goal. Especially with the likes of Alexei Kovalev a fellow Russian on his line, this can prove to be the duo Montreal has looked for, for many years now. Mike Ribeiro though constantly ridiculed, feel is a good fit to center for this talented and dynamic duo. Yes also small and very heartless, but there is no doubt he has the talent.

Slowly slowly Bob Gainey is putting together a great franchise, a bit more work on the defence and in a few years hopefully we can be Stanley Cup contenders, or may as it be this year, can we become the Carolina Hurricanes of 2005??

Thoughts??

And by the way if anyone has found a picture of Samsonov wearing a Montreal Canadians jersey, please post the link Ive looked everywhere and yet I still cant find one.

kappa44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 01:55 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa44 View Post
As a hardcore habs fan Ive watched many of the Montreal/Boston epic battles, and even though Montreal won 95% of them I was still always a bit jealous of the team the Boston Bruins had. Even though they had no chemistry and no formula to win, when they had players on their team such as Thornton,Samsonov and Bergeron it was my gut feeling to be afraid before every game started.

I always though highly of Samsonov, and even though injury prone and not the big powerful forward Montreal needed, I feel hes a perfect fit for not only the new NHL but as well as the Montreal Canadians Organization.

Small but yet fast,agile and is the go to guy to get you that late goal. Especially with the likes of Alexei Kovalev a fellow Russian on his line, this can prove to be the duo Montreal has looked for, for many years now. Mike Ribeiro though constantly ridiculed, feel is a good fit to center for this talented and dynamic duo. Yes also small and very heartless, but there is no doubt he has the talent.

Slowly slowly Bob Gainey is putting together a great franchise, a bit more work on the defence and in a few years hopefully we can be Stanley Cup contenders, or may as it be this year, can we become the Carolina Hurricanes of 2005??

Thoughts??

And by the way if anyone has found a picture of Samsonov wearing a Montreal Canadians jersey, please post the link Ive looked everywhere and yet I still cant find one.
To be the Hurricanes of this year we need a Eric Staal kind of center, we simply doesn't have that.

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Habsy

Hey look, another Samsonov thread.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Good one, considering the only Samsonov thread on the first 3 pages is concerning what jersey numbers he and Johnson will get.

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 02:29 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a Ribs bashing thread.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 02:53 PM
habs_all_the_way

I made one for Samsonov and for Johnson

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1182/samsoxk5.png
http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/470/johnson1ee7.jpg

habs_all_the_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 03:10 PM
kappa44