HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Joseph at 3 million?

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Kelley and Mike Robitaille were arguing about whether Cujo would be a good acquisition for the Sabres, what it would cost ect, and Kelley said something to the effect that the Wings would take a 5th round pick if someone would take Cujo at his current salary. He then went on to say that IF the Wings were willing to pick up $5 million of his contract they could get a decent return.
1. No team is going to offer the Wings a 5th round pick without the Wings eating salary, unless you're at the trade deadline (and that may still be iffy).

2. If the Wings eat $5 million per season, they could get something in return....but I suspect (especially with teams in the West) that teams will be content letting Detroit continue to shell out $$$$$ for Hasek and Joseph and leave them with little salary room to be able to go get the player(s) they want for the playoffs.

11-15-2003, 08:48 AM
A Good Flying Bird*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybruin
are you kidding me? i cant believe your a canucks fan. Cujo is not that good anymore. Im sorry, Im not going to feed the Cujo vs. Clout, and ya ya umberger and reid's status as prospects can be debated im sure, but Cujo is heading downhill. I dont understand Cujo's immortal status. Hes never won anything in his career. I loved the guy when he was an oiler, he won opening playoff rounds virtually on his own. And I remember much of the 'if only he was on a god team'. Team Canada was a pretty good team, yet he didnt see ice for the rest of the tourney after the sweden game. He didnt take the Leafs anywhere. He didnt take the Wings anywhere either. Is he really that good? I definitely dont think hes worth 8 mill (thats unrelated seeing holland would pick up 5 mill, but still I wouldnt have signed him for that in the first place).
Cujo, at three million, is a far better option than Cloutier.

Canucks fans, take it from a Wings fan who suffered through the Osgood years. You're not going anywhere with Cloutier. It takes a super stacked team to win with mediocre goaltending. And while you guys have a good team, you're not super stacked.
2nd round is as far as you go with Cloutier.

(Cujo, by the way, did take the leafs to the Eastern Conference Finals)

Old
11-15-2003, 10:33 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
For people who would rather have Cloutier then Cujo are crazy.Curtis Joseph is a premier goalie still.He is atleast a top 12, probably 10 goalie.

Old
11-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Phaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
For people who would rather have Cloutier then Cujo are crazy.Curtis Joseph is a premier goalie still.He is atleast a top 12, probably 10 goalie.

Joseph didn't show he was a top 10 goalie last year. I wasn't saying Cloutier is better than Cujo right now btw, I was just saying that I would't deal Cloutier for Cujo because Cloutier has alot more years left and IMO is still getting better. If Cujo is better than Cloutier right now, I think the difference is only a bit though. Cujo hasnt shown much recently, and is around the age that careers decline. For the Canucks to deal Cloutier to get Cujo, they would be in trouble in 2 or 3 years and with the age of the rest of the team, that would be stupid.

Old
11-16-2003, 10:16 AM
Vatican Roulette
Detroit Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee-Dub
Joseph didn't show he was a top 10 goalie last year. I wasn't saying Cloutier is better than Cujo right now btw, I was just saying that I would't deal Cloutier for Cujo because Cloutier has alot more years left and IMO is still getting better. If Cujo is better than Cloutier right now, I think the difference is only a bit though. Cujo hasnt shown much recently, and is around the age that careers decline. For the Canucks to deal Cloutier to get Cujo, they would be in trouble in 2 or 3 years and with the age of the rest of the team, that would be stupid.

You know that your current "back-up" is better than your starter right?

If you traded Cloutier, you'd still have hedberg, who is a much better goalie. He's even taken his team farther than Cloutier has taken his...

Old
11-16-2003, 01:28 PM
Phaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
You know that your current "back-up" is better than your starter right?

If you traded Cloutier, you'd still have hedberg, who is a much better goalie. He's even taken his team farther than Cloutier has taken his...
Hedberg has been much worse than Cloutier this season. Look at stats and look at Crawford's comments. Crow said he has been disappointed in Hedberg so far. Cloutier has so far been one of the best goalies in the western conference.

Closed Thread