HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'what's My Line?'

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 02:46 AM
KING

vCash: 500
'what's My Line?'

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/42582.htm

Old
11-12-2003, 02:49 AM
KING

Fata, Pens invade Garden

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-120976c.html

Old
11-12-2003, 02:59 AM
KING

Fleury of questions

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...rangersco.html

Old
11-12-2003, 03:58 AM
Terryble

After a poor game Monday, D Tom Poti appears slated to be a scratch tonight as he paired with Dale Purinton at practice yesterday. Brian Leetch was with GregdeVries and Darius Kasparaitis with Joel Bouchard as the Vladimir Malakhov-Boris Mironov pairing remains intact....

wow...is that accountability I smell?

Old
11-12-2003, 04:20 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryble
After a poor game Monday, D Tom Poti appears slated to be a scratch tonight as he paired with Dale Purinton at practice yesterday.
I'll believe it when I see it. If it indeed happens, I'd say Poti's days are numbered.

Couple of classic stabs at Sather.

Poti....

Quote:
"I learned a long time ago that I don't try to figure out what he's doing,'' said Poti
Kovie......

Quote:
"And definitely (in Pittsburgh) they just give you your freedom and they just use you in, I guess you can say, the right way.

"They know who you are and respect your game and let you do what you do best. I think that's why everybody is successful."
Lindros.....

Quote:
"It's all Glen's decision,'' Lindros said. "It's his job to come up with the lineup and our job as players to play the position we're asked to play. My opinion has no bearing."
And, a gem from the man himself.

Quote:
"I have no idea," Sather said when asked if the lines he used in yesterday's practice would be kept in place tonight.
You certainly don't. Moron!

Old
11-12-2003, 04:43 AM
riz

Quote:
"I have no idea," Sather said when asked if the lines he used in yesterday's practice would be kept in place tonight.

Hmm...I used to have another Sather quote as my signature at one point which went something along the same lines. I think it was "I don't know. I just don't know..." from last season when asked about why things weren't working out.

Old
11-12-2003, 10:11 AM
RushingRocket

Send a message via AIM to RushingRocket Send a message via Yahoo to RushingRocket
I think my signature is going to be, "Yahtzee!"

Old
11-12-2003, 10:24 AM
True Blue

Personally, I think it is more than a little disturbing when your Coach/GM says things like "I have no idea". The easiest way for any coach to get fired is to say that he has no idea of what is wrong or how to fix it. Or at least that is the case for anyone but a Rangers coach. Campbell had no idea. Neither did Blow. At least Trotts never used those words. As a head coach, you BETTER have some idea of what is wrong or how to fix it. Any schmuck off the street can come up with answers like "I don't know".

As for those who say that Lindros needs a player to lug the puck for him, why does it have to be a forward? I agree that Lindros needs someone to do it, but from my perspective, a players like Leetch, Poti, or Bouchard can lug the puck. Say that the lines stay the way that we hope and Poti is truly benched tonight. So if Leetch plays D with Nedved and Kovalev as forwards, why not put out the Lindros line with Bouchard as a defensemen with them? Bouch can carry the puck quite well and Moore would certainly make sure that there are at least 2 men back at all times.

Old
11-12-2003, 11:16 AM
Fletch

Accountability?

if there was such a thing, some defenseman other than Poti would've sat. Poti has played well, save the last couple after having the flu (and coincidentally being paired with Leetch who's been average at best). This is window dressing, and nothing more. Hlavac's back on a top line?

Old
11-12-2003, 01:11 PM
dedalus

The end of that first Kovalev quote is just a thing of beauty: "... [Pens management/coaching] just use you in, I guess you can say, the right way."

I would've paid good money to watch the fat slob swallow his cigar when he read that quote this morning.

Closed Thread