HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Larry Robinson

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Guy Damien Lafleur

vCash: 500
Larry Robinson

Hi Guys!

I know it is not entirely CJ's fault that the CH is not performing well. Honestly, I strongly believe that he is not the solution for Montreal.

IMO I believe that Larry Robinson would make a perfect fit to coach Montreal.

Credentials:

1) Stanley Cups as a player
2) Stanley cup as a coach
3) Is bilingual
4) Knows what it means to be a Canadien, and knows how important Le CH is to Montrealers.
5) Can get the best out of our players now, and to come

Seriously folks,

I can see Larry here for the next few seasons. Let's be honest, we all know that CJ is not the man. Remove the notion that the coach always gets the Axe in MTL.

Let's cut our losses, bring in Larry Before some other team like Florida will sign him.

Larry, Like BOB should be in MTL. Nowhere else.

Old
11-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
I feel the same , but we have to give a real chance to Claude Julien before . CJ should help himself and change of assistants first . I think Robinson could be the coach at some point in 2004 .

Old
11-14-2003, 12:05 PM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Damien Lafleur
Hi Guys!

I know it is not entirely CJ's fault that the CH is not performing well. Honestly, I strongly believe that he is not the solution for Montreal.

Credentials:

3) Is bilingual
4) Knows what it means to be a Canadien, and knows how important Le CH is to Montrealers.

Seriously folks,

I can see Larry here for the next few seasons. Let's be honest, we all know that CJ is not the man. Remove the notion that the coach always gets the Axe in MTL.

Let's cut our losses, bring in Larry Before some other team like Florida will sign him.

totally agree.. don't really have a beef agains't Julien yet, but I'd rather we hire him now before he gets hired by another team... if Robinson ever gets hired by the Leafs, i'll be very derepssed.

And I'd love it if we could somehow manage to get Carbonneau as an assistant coach.

Old
11-14-2003, 01:27 PM
Habber

I was all for getting Robinson to replace CJ until I heard about the new lines for the Ottawa game. Joey Juneau on the 1st line is pure brilliance. CJ is the man.

Old
11-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
I was all for getting Robinson to replace CJ until I heard about the new lines for the Ottawa game. Joey Juneau on the 1st line is pure brilliance. CJ is the man.
He'll keep Rivet , Dackell and Juneau happy so the players won't **** on him . Look like that's his way to see things .

Old
11-14-2003, 01:35 PM
Guy Damien Lafleur

Famous Quote from CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
He'll keep Rivet , Dackell and Juneau happy so the players won't **** on him . Look like that's his way to see things .
"We will play our best players, regardless on how much $$$ they make"

Bull!

No Guts CJ!

Old
11-14-2003, 03:55 PM
tinyzombies

It's definitely not Julien's fault, he's in a no-win situation. The players don't want to play a defensive system, it's obvious. He doesn't have the right players to play any type of winning style, no coach would make a difference with this team.

I think we've hit the point in our rebuilding phase that hurts the most when you try to transition to the next group of kids and weed out the vets.

Very tough.

Old
11-14-2003, 06:06 PM
The n00b King ©*

last time i checked, i heard larry robinson was DEFINITELY not interested in coaching in montreal...

Old
11-14-2003, 07:03 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
It's definitely not Julien's fault, he's in a no-win situation. The players don't want to play a defensive system, it's obvious. He doesn't have the right players to play any type of winning style, no coach would make a difference with this team.

I think we've hit the point in our rebuilding phase that hurts the most when you try to transition to the next group of kids and weed out the vets.

Very tough.
Nailed it right on the head if you ask me. It's time to cut our losses and go for a complete rebuilding. It will hurt us more to try and stay competitive instead of realising we need to rebuild.

Old
11-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Harry Kakalovich

i like julien and i hope he'll be our coach long enough to see our good years to come!

Old
11-15-2003, 05:20 AM
BigM1ke

Yeah let's fire Julien that will help....
Did it change something to fire Therrien and Vigneault??

The players aren't giving their 110% on the ice, the coach cannot score goals!! He has to what he can with the players he has...

Old
11-15-2003, 05:44 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Damien Lafleur

Credentials:

3) Is bilingual

I don't want Robinson as our coach at all. He is'nt a strong man nor having special technics ability as a coach.

Credentials???

1) it does'nt make him a good coach.
2) after coaching the team 8 games.. then got fired the year after because no one wants to play for him anymore.
3) So is Julien
4) So does everyone in Canada
5) Nothing makes me beleive they would work harder for him. the players were suppose to work twice harder with Gainey as GM and see what happens now. Also i have'nt heard of Larry helping or develloping any young player.

I don't like the way Julien coach lately because he seems to panic but i really don't think Larry is the solution.

Also the team is pretty weak, we could miss the payoffs even wiith Bownman behind the bench. Next years, we will have more money and roster spot available to built a good team!

let's rebuilt one last year and bring Ovechkin!

Closed Thread