HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Who's next to go???

Old
08-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Flyers12FROM21*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Flyers12FROM21* Send a message via MSN to Flyers12FROM21*
Ok. This is a scenario I would love to have.

Priemeau retires (dont want him to but I dont think he has it left in him.)

Nedved gets moved

Esche gets moved

We pick up Manny Legace. Thats about, IM GUESSING, 7-9M in Priemes,Nedved and Esche. Legace is asking for about 5M supposedly. So we would still have about 2M or left. Dont argue with me if im wrong. Im just guessing at the moment. But that would be a good thing to do IMO.

Flyers12FROM21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Is that a joke?
I don't think it is.

There's nothing wrong with guys who hate losing. Robert is obviously very competitive and he's not afraid to speak his mind. I'd take a guy like that any day of the week, goalie or not.

It's funny how just because someone prefers the "other" goalie, it makes Esche a piece of **** on the ground - despite the fact he has yet to lose his starting job to the supposedly "better goalie of the future".

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime View Post
I don't think it is.

There's nothing wrong with guys who hate losing. Robert is obviously very competitive and he's not afraid to speak his mind. I'd take a guy like that any day of the week, goalie or not.
It's funny how just because someone prefers the "other" goalie, it makes Esche a piece of **** on the ground - despite the fact he has yet to lose his starting job to the supposedly "better goalie of the future".
Sounds liek ROman Cechmanek in the playoffs against Ottawa. Peple still hate him around here not realizing that he was a better goalie.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Sounds liek ROman Cechmanek in the playoffs against Ottawa. Peple still hate him around here not realizing that he was a better goalie.
I don't hate him, just his style. The guy almost gave me a heart attack at fifteen.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 02:25 PM
ArchieIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers12FROM21 View Post

Nedved gets moved

Esche gets moved

We pick up Manny Legace. Thats about, IM GUESSING, 7-9M in Priemes,Nedved and Esche. Legace is asking for about 5M supposedly. So we would still have about 2M or left. Dont argue with me if im wrong. Im just guessing at the moment. But that would be a good thing to do IMO.
from nhlpa.com

nedved -- $2,356,000.00
prims -- $3,040,000.00
esche -- $1,000,000.00

total $6,396,000

i wouldnt want legace at that kinda price tag id rather them use some of that money to get a dman

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
I don't hate him, just his style. The guy almost gave me a heart attack at fifteen.
The guy also had 10-11 shut outs close to Hextall record. He became hated because Flyers scored 2 goals in 5 games. One of those goals was by Fedotenko in OT in very first game and the other goal was by McGillis a PP goal if I remember correctly. I do not know whats more pathetic scoring 2 goals or losing like we did last year.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 06:37 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
Nedved, Kapanen, or Primeau absolutely have to be gone. The top 8 forwards are pretty set I think, with Gagne, Forsberg, Knuble, Umberger, Carter, Calder, Richards, and Sanderson. Each of those guys is making much too much to play on the 4th line so I think only one of them will be with the team when the season starts (at the most).

Also, I wouldn't be THAT surprised, if Clarke turns around and deals Gagne for a top puck moving defenseman + prospects/picks. I love Gagne, but I think I'd be OK with the forwards at this point if the defense was given a serious upgrade. I must say, I'm pretty excited for the upcoming season, they're going to be a fun team to watch.
Gagne should not be moved or this moves for Sanderson and Calder are not as worth it IMO. Neither of them are replacements for Gagne. Sanderson is a 3rd liner at this point that can fill in on the 2nd, and Calder IMO is a very good 2nd liner that had to be a top guy in Chicago cause they basically had nothing else.

This team had two needs at the forward position this offseason: 1) a winger to play on the 2nd line (Calder) and a 25goal winger to play on the 3rd (Sanderson) now resign Gagne and this team is set at forward.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 06:57 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 919
Quote:
The locker room/heart.
I don't think so. He is fiery at times. I think he has the respect of his teammates.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
The guy also had 10-11 shut outs close to Hextall record. He became hated because Flyers scored 2 goals in 5 games. One of those goals was by Fedotenko in OT in very first game and the other goal was by McGillis a PP goal if I remember correctly. I do not know whats more pathetic scoring 2 goals or losing like we did last year.
You are so right. I use that as an example every time someone brings up the Flyers 'goalie problems.' I absolutely loved when Roman skated to near center ice and ripped the entire bench a new one. Believe me, scoring two goals in five games is way more pathetic that anything else-except maybe not making the playoffs at all.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:52 PM
chthonic

cechmanek played his best hockey in philly. sucks that the team turned on him, but no fan should hate him. he was ridiculously good, and entertaining to boot.

chthonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 09:56 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I don't think so. He is fiery at times. I think he has the respect of his teammates.
He lost my respect for the way he whined and b*tched at a time when he was clearly being outplayed by Nitty.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 09:59 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by chthonic View Post
cechmanek played his best hockey in philly. sucks that the team turned on him, but no fan should hate him. he was ridiculously good, and entertaining to boot.
Do you remember how he used to take them off his head/face. My husband and I used to crack up laughing. Entertaining to say the least.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
He lost my respect for the way he whined and b*tched at a time when he was clearly being outplayed by Nitty.
I lost respect for Esche when he consistently whined and b*tched and then wouldn't talk to the press and then he would and be all mopy like somebody shot his dog or something...

whaaaaaaa I'm not the starter whaaaaa but I'm such a competitor though!!!

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 10:56 PM
puckhead63

We better find esche a new home before biron, or abby, (montreal) find one first

puckhead63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:51 PM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers12FROM21 View Post

Nedved gets moved

Esche gets moved

why on god's green earth do you want manny legace at 5 million a year. that would be the worst spent money ever. worse then yashin.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 09:52 PM
mdm815

Esche and Nitty are nearly the same age. Esche has proven that he can play at this level, Nitty still hasnt showed this awesomeness every one claims. Esche is a really good goalie, look at his stats that are nealry identical to the "far superior" nittymaki...Personally, with their contracts, Id liek to see both stay, unless you can get a serious return for one of them.

mdm815 is offline   Reply With Quote