HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Who is more likely to make an impact in the NHL, regardless of which team they're on

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 11:35 AM
iamcaper

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to iamcaper
Who is more likely to make an impact in the NHL, regardless of which team they're on

Fussey or Stana

I know they're in different positions so it's hard to compare but if you were trading with Washington, who would you request first to have included in the trade?

Old
11-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
If you were asking about just on Washington, I'd say Fussey, who is basically Grier's eventual replacement. Stana is stuck behind Ouellet, so I don't really see him becoming an impact starter in Washington. Stana does, however, have very underrated talent, and is basically playing on par with Ouellet. He also played very well last season, but unfortunately for him Ouellet played even better.

Stana's situation is a shame--he gets no hype, so my guess is that if he ever DOES become an NHL starter, it won't be for a while a la Turco. In fact, I don't see why Stana isn't considered a top flight goalie prospect, as he's proven himself at every level of play. He works hard, but he's just not quite as talented as Ouellet.

Fussey has a chance to become a Matt Cooke while Stana will probably have to pay his dues as a backup in the NHL for a while.

So Fussey.

Old
11-12-2003, 12:02 PM
iamcaper

Send a message via ICQ to iamcaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai
If you were asking about just on Washington, I'd say Fussey, who is basically Grier's eventual replacement. Stana is stuck behind Ouellet, so I don't really see him becoming an impact starter in Washington. Stana does, however, have very underrated talent, and is basically playing on par with Ouellet. He also played very well last season, but unfortunately for him Ouellet played even better.

Stana's situation is a shame--he gets no hype, so my guess is that if he ever DOES become an NHL starter, it won't be for a while a la Turco. In fact, I don't see why Stana isn't considered a top flight goalie prospect, as he's proven himself at every level of play. He works hard, but he's just not quite as talented as Ouellet.

Fussey has a chance to become a Matt Cooke while Stana will probably have to pay his dues as a backup in the NHL for a while.

So Fussey.
Great reply!!!

Thanks a bunch.

Old
11-12-2003, 12:55 PM
txpd

Stana's numbers are so similar to Ouellet's right now its hard to tell them apart. I have begun to wonder if Max and Stana may not be the next round of Kolzig and Dafoe.

Old
11-12-2003, 07:43 PM
I_r_1337

I thought that at first myself honestly but havign seen both play various times there's no question in my mind Ouellet is th far more talented goaltender.

Old
11-13-2003, 01:33 AM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
Stana's numbers are so similar to Ouellet's right now its hard to tell them apart. I have begun to wonder if Max and Stana may not be the next round of Kolzig and Dafoe.
I thought that myself except that Stana is better positionally than Dafoe was or will ever be. I think the caps have more like Kolzig1 and Kolzig2 in that pair of goalies.

Old
11-13-2003, 02:44 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_r_1337
I thought that at first myself honestly but havign seen both play various times there's no question in my mind Ouellet is th far more talented goaltender.
there is talent, then there is talent and desire and commitment to the game. i have not watched either play and at the ahl level the quality of the shots coming just isnt the same. it will be interesting to see when the time comes.

Old
11-13-2003, 03:52 AM
CAPSDC

vCash:
Stana's much lower NHL salary will keep him there as long as Charpy is injuried. I hope he gets a chance to show something.......

Old
11-13-2003, 04:15 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSDC
Stana's much lower NHL salary will keep him there as long as Charpy is injuried. I hope he gets a chance to show something.......
I would expect that if someone other than Kolzig were to actually start a game that it would still be Ouellet. I think that Stana's lower NHL salary is the reason he was called up. Why pay a guy 3 times more to sit on the bench?

Closed Thread