HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins walk away from Tanabe...

Old
08-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Habs Man

vCash: 500
Bruins walk away from Tanabe...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=173390&hubname=

His knee injury last year kind of worries me but he's young and at 6'1, 212 would add some great size. He's got terrific acceleration according to TSN and can handle the puck...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...ame=nhl-bruins

Of course there are 29 other teams who probably think the same...

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 01:37 PM
acr*

No, you don't want him...he's terrible.

He should be a speed skater, not an NHL defenseman. No hockey sense, and gets spun around like a turnstyle.

I'd love to see him in a Habs or Leafs jersey.

acr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
No, you don't want him...he's terrible.

He should be a speed skater, not an NHL defenseman. No hockey sense, and gets spun around like a turnstyle.

I'd love to see him in a Habs or Leafs jersey.

have you seen mark streit?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I think Streit has hockey sense. He hasn't really put it on full display yet, but his NHL career is young.

Tanabe is a fantastic skater, but I don't know what else he does. I'd rather have Streit. And for the price, I'd rather have Cote/Jancevski/Rivers/Fitzpatrick too. I bet Pierre Gauthier likes Tanabe, though.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Man View Post

His knee injury last year kind of worries me but he's young and at 6'1, 212 would add some great size. He's got terrific acceleration according to TSN and can handle the puck...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...ame=nhl-bruins

Of course there are 29 other teams who probably think the same...

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Adam91

We sure don't want Tanabe, pretty much a Poti clone if you ask me. Think the're the second coming of Bobby Orr and try all these dumb things offensivly that they're not capable of doing and are both terrible defensivly (unlike Orr)

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Habs Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
We sure don't want Tanabe, pretty much a Poti clone if you ask me. Think the're the second coming of Bobby Orr and try all these dumb things offensivly that they're not capable of doing and are both terrible defensivly (unlike Orr)
I haven't seen him enough... I was just going from what I read online. You guys sound like you've seen him quite a bit though.

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Toro

no thanks we will pass, seen him enough last year to know we don't need this guy.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 02:43 PM
huet the master

David Tanabe?

Now that the bruins have walked away from david tanabe's new contract, he is officially an UFA. Since boullion is out and we may be a bit week on defence is there a chance we will persue david tanabe?

huet the master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 02:52 PM
The CUBE

Yout beat me to it.

Here is the link:

I was thinking it could be a good addition incase Bouillon's come back takes more time and the same goes for Streit.

I've always found him to be a good defenceman and would be a grwat 5-6 Dman. He also has an alright offensive up side.

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Makarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CUBE View Post
Yout beat me to it.

Here is the link:

I was thinking it could be a good addition incase Bouillon's come back takes more time and the same goes for Streit.

I've always found him to be a good defenceman and would be a grwat 5-6 Dman. He also has an alright offensive up side.
Whatever happened to Vishnevski...

Are the Ducks no longer interested in trading him; I thought Burke was on the verge of driving him out of Anahiem; nice stats for a defensive and reliable blueliner...

82 1 7 8 +8 91

As for Tanabe...far too unreliable inside the blueline; and he doesn't produce enough offensively to warrant that...

Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 03:40 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
have you seen mark streit?
come on man. You can do better then that.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Mathieu Biron at 450 000$ > Tanabe

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I would take a chance on Tanabe for the time that Bouillon would be off.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
come on man. You can do better then that.
I thought as well

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Pascal

and there goes the habs fans wanting anyone and anybody who is available, even if they blow.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
and there goes the habs fans wanting anyone and anybody who is available, even if they blow.
i know, sometimes it gets real pathetic..

Old
08-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
what is up with that mentality some of us have from time to time

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 02:28 PM
GSK*

At 1.2 millions by year, and i bet Bouillon doesnt miss more then 12 games of the team ( 11 in the first month ), Streit can easily start half game of that, and the other half to Côte...

That would be a great spot check for these players...

I mean, everybody know that Andrei Markov is a great defencemen and the best of the habs. Without him our powerplay suck imo. He's like the better d-man #2 you wish on all team, but he's not a real number one like ( Pronger, Niedermayer, Phaneuf, Pitkanen will, Chara, Redden ) but he do the job great.

After him, we got d-man who can do a average/good job, like Komisarek who can be if he still progressing come a great shutdown d-men, he hits a lot and was good in the second half of the year. ( I think he was a little bit disturbing when he mom was sick and when she died after, at 24 yo, or everyage, your mother is very important for us.

Mathieu Dandenault is fast, I was a little bit disapointing at the begin of the year he was not playing like he was able to do at Detroit, new team, time to take it back with chemistry and he was doing a great job, he can hits, solid player, got a lot of experience playoff 70 games, won the cup, did well in playoff, we're ok.

I got nothing to say about Bouillon, he got the CH tatoo in the heart. He hits everyone, solid on skate for a 5'9 player. Did well in playoff with 3 points on 6 games, like Dandenault. Something he can travel the puck well and nice, and make something happens. He did career high 22 points in 67 games, for a player who didnt get a lot of PP time last year. If heathly, he's a important player on the all roster.

After that, i can just hate Sheldon Sourray, its my opinion, isnt the worst, but each time when i was working when a habs game playing, i was listenin' on the radio and everytime I hear the name of somebody 1 on 1 against Sourray, i was freezin' and get a bad buzz. I was sure when i was hear Speza 1 on 1 against Sourray, that would be done. . He can a loud strong shot, but he broke his stick 2 times on 3, and reach the goal 1 on 5.

Rivet isnt bad for a 5-6 defencemen... Overpay... Thats all i got the say. I would more like a Tanabe 1.2 then a Rivet at 2.4. But I have to say Rivet is better then Tanabe for sure, but still overpaid. He got one great assets, he can play all game of a season, he got endurance and durability. He did 34 points, so i hope he will play like the last year, he's best since he play NHL. It would be perfect and better Tanabe if he do that, and play again or higher of a 2.4 millions guy.

So, I'm not afraid to let ice time to Streit and Côte if we got injured. Everybody knows we need a great number 1 d-man, but if Gainey doesnt move, and he doesnt gonna move, i think we got a good " package " of workers.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 04:08 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

If Streit is in good shape come opening game, I would give him the opportunity to have Bouillon's spot for the first 10-12 games.

didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Habsy

Here is the issue:

Bouillon is not going to be ready until November at the earliest. Streit is at best questionable health wise. That leaves Cote. If we do start the season without Bou/Streit then our 6 would be:

Markov
Souray
Rivet
Dandy
Komisarek
Cote

What happens if one of those guys gets hurt? We have little left in Hamilton after Cote. Sure we could probably try O'Byrne in an emergency but is that the route we should take?

I for one would like to see Gainey sign/acquire another defenseman. Do I think Tanabe is that guy? No. But whoever Gainey gets, even if it is a Tanabe guy, will have more experience than what is left. Besdies, you want to be able to send the guy back to Hamilton and Tanabe would fit in the veteran transfer clause without waivers.

We need another defenseman. I would like to see Vishnevski here personally but a warm body for depth is definitely in order.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Pascal

I'd rather have Vishnevsky at 1.5m than Rivet at 2.x. I know Rivet is decent but i have never liked the way he plays in his own zone. Maybe he has improved in the past year. SinceI was in Asia for 14 months I didn't get to see many games.

I know a few years ago I always swore a lot at Rivet's playing. He made a lot of bonehead moves on defense..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Here is the issue:

Bouillon is not going to be ready until November at the earliest. Streit is at best questionable health wise. That leaves Cote. If we do start the season without Bou/Streit then our 6 would be:

Markov
Souray
Rivet
Dandy
Komisarek
Cote

What happens if one of those guys gets hurt? We have little left in Hamilton after Cote. Sure we could probably try O'Byrne in an emergency but is that the route we should take?

I for one would like to see Gainey sign/acquire another defenseman. Do I think Tanabe is that guy? No. But whoever Gainey gets, even if it is a Tanabe guy, will have more experience than what is left. Besdies, you want to be able to send the guy back to Hamilton and Tanabe would fit in the veteran transfer clause without waivers.

We need another defenseman. I would like to see Vishnevski here personally but a warm body for depth is definitely in order.

Why don't u look at the hamilton roster again... U might see a guy that gainey signed recently....

Dan Jancevski, there are a few possibilities.
http://slambios.canoe.ca/sportsplus/...layer.cgi?1960

that ih his Bio, check it out...He may just be a good short term option, or even a great short term option, or he might just make the team..

Old
08-06-2006, 05:17 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I would take Tanabe at 450k for one year in case of injuries. No more than 450k per year though.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 05:40 PM
x-bob

WHy not try to get Suchy instead if he can come cheaper.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote