HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evgeny Artyukhin is playing in Russia

Old
08-09-2006, 08:46 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
That tells me all I need to know, thanks.

Not that I should bother, but just glancing over your post, this caught my eye:

They both signed standard entry-level contracts in '03, so Arty doesn't have any pro time over Craig.
It's a waste to bother...typical bait and switcher. Shoot down one falsehood and he claims he was talking about something else (See his complaints about Craig's lack of production and then claiming it's not about production later on...I'm no longer sure what it is about ).

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 01:51 AM
aspin

Sorry to be happy about this but now that that RSL team has him they may let Mikhnov go with less of a fight than they would have if Art did not sign there.

aspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Timmy1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
With Ryan Craig (48 games, 15 goals, 13 assists) signing a 2-way deal for $495,000, yes, that $100K for a guy with 72 games, 4 goals and 13 assists is worth arguing over (especially when he seemed to spend more time in the box than on the ice).
So how do you explain Afanasenkov's QO of $730,000+? He hasn't proven jack in parts of four seasons including playoffs. That's alot more than Craig's deal too.

Timmy1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Sens4Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain View Post
Somewhere Antoine Vermette is breathing a huge sigh of relief.
But now who will hit him in the head with his own helmet like a goon? I mean you can't even create a goon like that, he's born that big of a goon.

Sens4Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 04:07 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

anyone have clips of the helmet incendent and the Gratton fight?

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy1973 View Post
So how do you explain Afanasenkov's QO of $730,000+? He hasn't proven jack in parts of four seasons including playoffs. That's alot more than Craig's deal too.
Because Affy signed for around 700k last season and Craig was playing for the league minimum. Both signed their QO so with the difference in salary, there is going to be a difference in QO.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 09:15 PM
missK

Quote:
Affy's signed his Q offer, he didn't ask for a big raise or a one-way contract. Same with Craig. They are viewed as "team" players by the Lightning because they recognize how tight money is with the cap. And they go out and do their jobs on the 3rd and 4th lines and don't take stupid penalties.

R2's agent tried to play hardball, asking for a big raise & a one-way contract and then he went and signed a contract with Lokomotiv and it back fired, big time. Feaster who loved R2 almost like a son (it was Feaster who convinced Dudley to draft R2) is now saying R2 has spit in his face.

missK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Timmy1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
Affy's signed his Q offer, he didn't ask for a big raise or a one-way contract. Same with Craig. They are viewed as "team" players by the Lightning because they recognize how tight money is with the cap. And they go out and do their jobs on the 3rd and 4th lines and don't take stupid penalties.

R2's agent tried to play hardball, asking for a big raise & a one-way contract and then he went and signed a contract with Lokomotiv and it back fired, big time. Feaster who loved R2 almost like a son (it was Feaster who convinced Dudley to draft R2) is now saying R2 has spit in his face.
Affy shouldn't have even been qualified. If you have to earn a place on this team as management and coaches say, what has he done to earn it and thus justify the expense? He makes a shade more than Tim Taylor who was probably the team's captain and leader for the last half of the year.
I've seen Jay Feaster and John Tortorella say good things about Atryukhin in the press saying that IF he develops he will be a good player. If you're going to do that in the press then why is such a big surprise that you are going to be held accountable, contract wise, for what you say? Yes, one million was out of the way, but the lowered price, while perhaps still a bit high, was reasonable for a second contract.

Timmy1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Affy shouldn't have even been qualified. If you have to earn a place on this team as management and coaches say, what has he done to earn it and thus justify the expense? He makes a shade more than Tim Taylor who was probably the team's captain and leader for the last half of the year.
I've seen Jay Feaster and John Tortorella say good things about Atryukhin in the press saying that IF he develops he will be a good player. If you're going to do that in the press then why is such a big surprise that you are going to be held accountable, contract wise, for what you say? Yes, one million was out of the way, but the lowered price, while perhaps still a bit high, was reasonable for a second contract.
What did Affy do? Well, he at least showed some progress. When on a line with Richards and St. Louis he scored as many goals in two games as R2 did all season, and will be making less than the reduced amount R2 was demanding. Story also goes that both Richards and St. Louis independently stood up for the guy in post-season exit interviews with the GM. With the departure of Modin, if the choice would be to put Affy or R2 on that line, as much as I happen to like R2 it's a no-brainer that he has no business there.

Unfortunately, R2 didn't show enough progress to deserve the amount his QO would have given him and he was in no position to play hardball as he was more of a liability to the team than an asset at this point in his career. He showed little progress in the needed areas in order to offset the penalties he was prone to taking. Since he didn't score, didn't fight, basically stopped hitting, didn't show any great defensive work and didn't show offensive progress, the QO alone, especially for a 1-way contract, was more than generous.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 06:18 PM
missK

Thanks BF2029, again you explained it much better than I could!!

missK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Pretty slow here when the two threads with all of the new posts are on Trevor Linden and Evgeny Artyukhin....

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 12:44 PM
SOKOL

Both the Lightning and the agent for Russian freight train Evgeny Artyukhin said Thursday night they expect an agreement on Artyukhin's contract will be reached on Friday.

"I have to say I am very optimistic that things will get resolved (Friday),'' agent Mark Gandler said. And Tampa Bay spokesman Bill Wickett said he expects "an agreement in principle."

But because of a collective bargaining agreement rule, Artyukhin, 25, a 6-5, 254-pound wing who has played the past two seasons in Russia, cannot be signed until July 1. Rule 50.8(d) states a restricted free agent such as Artyukhin, not under contract in a previous season, cannot sign until July 1, the start of the new fiscal year.

It is believed the deal will be for two years. Artyukhin has asked for $1-million a season. It was unclear if the demands were met.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/...hin-light.html

SOKOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

I'll be very disappointed if they bring back Artyukhin, which looks like it will happen unfortunately.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 12:56 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
I'll be very disappointed if they bring back Artyukhin, which looks like it will happen unfortunately.
I like him, I hate his agent. We can use the size. I know lots of Tampa fans are down on him and frankly I am a bit as well... he's very prone to taking stupid penalties, I think a bit part of his reluctance to hit when he was here was that he got called on damn near EVERY hit.

Tampa struggled hard last season, no doubt about it... but some of the best games they played were when they took the body and if he can come back and help accomplish that with the gorilla line, I do think this time around he'll be more helpful than harmful. He's also a GIANT to PUT IN FRONT OF THE NET, which Tampa seems to fail to do on the powerplay.

Lastly, with ownership in the air and the inability to spend (as of right now), it's not that bad of a deal. It just needs to be under a mil. The kid needs to come back and play smart.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Net Paulie View Post
I like him, I hate his agent.
Ditto

OP could've started a new thread instead of bumping a 2 year old one though, lol.