HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Sharks A Suitor?

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 05:29 AM
Bohologo

vCash: 500
Sharks A Suitor?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...52&hubName=nhl

I'd sure like to see Marleau with the Oil, but that's likely a stretch...

Old
11-13-2003, 05:37 AM
CaputMortuum

Stuart or Hannan and Niko Dimitrakos out of the question?

Old
11-13-2003, 06:58 AM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Personally I would want Marleau too.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:04 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
What about Damphousse?
I know he's older, but he'd be a perfect fit for what our club needs. We'd be able to get a good prospect along with Damphousse as well I think because of his age/salary. I think that something like:
Comrie, second
for
Damphousse, Ehrhoff, 1.5 million(for Vinny's contract)

I think that valuewise it's fair.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:23 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
What about Damphousse?
I know he's older, but he'd be a perfect fit for what our club needs. We'd be able to get a good prospect along with Damphousse as well I think because of his age/salary. I think that something like:
Comrie, second
for
Damphousse, Ehrhoff, 1.5 million(for Vinny's contract)

I think that valuewise it's fair.
Eww.. Damphousse is the exact opposite of what we need. You do realize he's 35 years old right? Why trade away a player that's going to thrive in this league for well over the next 10 years for a rental who's on his last legs?

Old
11-13-2003, 07:49 AM
Slats432

Ehrloff, Marleau for Comrie and Pick or Second player would be a good one. Maybe even Fahey.

Us getting Stuart and Marleau unless something very significant was going the other way is just not going to happen.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:39 AM
jofa

definitely some decent players in SJ that would meet the Oil's need. Marleau, Hannan, Stuart, etc... I've always liked Brad Boyes as well, and he could be an interesting center prospect if he was part of a larger deal.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Baron Von Shark

Not to come off confrontational, but IMO you are expecting too much in return for Comrie. (Please, don't think I'm starting a flame war.)

Ehrhoff is not going anywhere. Why? He is our top prospect behind Michalek, our dman backup should Stuart not pan out. The Sharks org values him way too much.

Marleau is a possibility. As a fan, I'm fed up with waiting. I have a feeling he would pan out elsewhere, and maybe that place is Edmonton. I would do a Marleau-Comrie, straight up. Ideally though, I'd like Comrie at C and Marleau shifted to LW, which might finally help Patty break out, but that's both unlikely and unrealistic to expect such a deal where we keep Pat and gain Mike.

Fahey is moveable. We have another similar player in Preissing.

Hannan is in the same boat as Ehrhoff. Mgmt and coaching worship him.

I'm not propsing and trade scenarios right now. Quite frankly, I haven't given it enough thought, so I don't want to insult any Oilers fans with a bogus idea.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:19 AM
Mizral

I think Comrie and a pick for Marleau. Ehroff is being really underrated by slats in my opinion. This guy is ridiculously good. Ehroff has *Super* high potential. One of my favorite prospects.

An aside, but Germany seems to pump out really good prospects. Fast, skilled, but REALLY hard working. Jocan Hecht doesn't work as hard as the other German NHL'ers though, I guess he's the one lazy German-NHL'er

Old
11-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Walsher

IMO Marleau would have to be coming back this way to make any deal with San Jose. He would be perfect and he is starting to find his niche in the league. Fast, skilled, and good two ways. That would be amaing - but I doubt he is touchable in San Jose based on his performance last year and of late.

Old
11-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
I think Comrie and a pick for Marleau. Ehroff is being really underrated by slats in my opinion. This guy is ridiculously good. Ehroff has *Super* high potential. One of my favorite prospects.

An aside, but Germany seems to pump out really good prospects. Fast, skilled, but REALLY hard working. Jocan Hecht doesn't work as hard as the other German NHL'ers though, I guess he's the one lazy kraut-NHL'er
I don't dispute the quality of Ehrhoff, and did mention that Fahey is an alternate possibility because of his offensive skills.

I am saying that Comrie and something for Marleau and (Insert blueliner) would be an ideal deal for Edmonton.

Old
11-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Mr Sakich

to me, the sharks have more surplus in defense. Stuart has slipped to number 3 in the depth charts after they aquired maclaren. He is from rocky mtn house as well.

Old
11-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Asiaoil

Quote:

An aside, but Germany seems to pump out really good prospects. Fast, skilled, but REALLY hard working. Jocan Hecht doesn't work as hard as the other German NHL'ers though, I guess he's the one lazy kraut-NHL'er
If that deal is out there (MC and say a 3rd rounder for Marleau) you gotta seriously think about doing it. Unless there is some sort of quiet bidding war going on with Lowe is holding onto MC for the absolute last drop of blood - this deal would help the Oilers a lot. A done deal if it was me

Old
11-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Bohologo

Go Post Somewhere Else Mizral

Quote:
I guess he's the one lazy German-NHL'er
Please take your ethnic slurs elsewhere, comments like this degrade an otherwise high quality board.

Old
11-13-2003, 02:53 PM
Shizuka

With the state of our defense currently, I think a deal with SJ makes more and more sense. Hannan + a prospect or another roster player would be a fine return, though not many people seem enthused with a D-man coming back in any deal (unless he's some really excellent top 2 guy, which is not a realistic expectation in my opinion). One thing that I always keep overlooking is, if there are two players (allegedly Lowe is looking for two in any trade) coming back, that means we need to make room on the roster. So does that necessitate a further trade or two of extra players, or will Lowe just send some sitters down to the farm team?

With a healthy roster, this is what we have:
Forwards:
1st: Torres Smyth Hemsky
2nd: Isbister York Dvorak
3rd: Moreau Reasoner Pisani
4th: Chimera Horcoff Laraque
D pairings:
Cross Brewer
Staios Smith
Bergeron Ferguson
Extras:
Semenov, Stoll, Salmelainen, Sarno

So, if we end up getting two players, or even one, and one of them is a F, that would leave us with extras to either move to Toronto or trade. Furthermore, if Lowe finds something on the waivers or as a FA signing to help with our dismal faceoff / dearth of centres, that adds to the confusion. I would guess Sarno and Salmelainen, perhaps even Stoll, get sent down to the farm. Roster limit is 23; with a dressed lineup it's 19 with 4 sitters. Two players coming back would be 25, and who do you take out of the lineup?

Old
11-13-2003, 02:56 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
Please take your ethnic slurs elsewhere, comments like this degrade an otherwise high quality board.
I didn't realize it was so offensive. Heck, I am part German

Nevertheless, I'll take it off if it bothers folks. Wasn't trying to offend anyone.

By the way, totally agreed, Asiaoil. While I'm not particularly fond of Marleau, you still gotta take that deal.

Closed Thread