Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Prospects Help

Old
08-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Hockey103

vCash: 500
Prospects Help

My son is entering into his Minor Midget AAA year. He is a tough, quick and experienced defenseman but I don't know if he is a prospect in the 2007 draft or not. What can i do to find out? and what can I do to improve his chances to get drafted? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Hockey103: 08-07-2006 at 12:37 AM. Reason: sorry made a mistake
Hockey103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Fedz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey103 View Post
My son is entering into his Minor Bantam AAA year. He is a tough, quick and experienced defenseman but I don't know if he is a prospect in the 2007 draft or not. What can i do to find out? and what can I do to improve his chances to get drafted? Any help would be appreciated.
If he's a prospect you'd know, just tell him to work his hardest day in and out, and to start working out and doing what he can to be the best of his ability.

There is nothing else you can do, if he works hard enough and trains hard enough no matter his skill set he will get his shot at juniors one day.

Fedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
francklem

i think that on NHL.com you will find out what are the date of birth and the minimum age to be draft .

Then your son need to work realy hard to get there if he want to do so .

francklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Fedz

Quote:
Originally Posted by francklem View Post
i think that on NHL.com you will find out what are the date of birth and the minimum age to be draft .

Then your son need to work realy hard to get there if he want to do so .
He's referring to Major Junior, as his son is only playing Minor Bantam AAA.

Like I said if he's a current prospect he'll find out.

Fedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Hockey103

I was actually looking for something more specific. You hear about players signing up with an agency, being reported on a prospects list with projections on what round they are likely to get drafted ... etc.

Hockey103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Bruins74
IT'S CALLED BRUINS?

Quote:
I was actually looking for something more specific. You hear about players signing up with an agency, being reported on a prospects list with projections on what round they are likely to get drafted ... etc.
With all due respect, if you or your son haven't been approached by a jr. scout yet...maybe your son isn't what they are looking for.

You can always try the 'walk-on' tryout.

Bruins74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
to get on the prospects list you have to do one of the following:

1. Play for the Toronto Marlies
2. Pay an agent who has connections to pay scouts off into the said draft list
3. Pay off someone else or have connections

if you dont meet those criteria, and your son isn't literally the best defenceman in the entire league - you havn't got a chance

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Buddha

Or find out who the scouts are for the OHL teams and chat them up. Local teams always like finding diamonds in the rough in there own areas. The knights are known for that.

Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 09:00 PM
HABSMANIA21*

if your a smart scout and know what your talking about you will pick terence mielke when he is old enough he is a great player with talent written all over him. look for terence mielke you scouts out there because if you miss him you will be very bad and crying that you didnt pick this great talented player. terence mielke all the way.

HABSMANIA21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2006, 09:15 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIK HABSFAN View Post
if your a smart scout and know what your talking about you will pick terence mielke when he is old enough he is a great player with talent written all over him. look for terence mielke you scouts out there because if you miss him you will be very bad and crying that you didnt pick this great talented player. terence mielke all the way.
Thanks for the post Terence.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2006, 07:14 PM
HABSMANIA21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Thanks for the post Terence.
are you a scout because if you are you will be happy after you pick him. and he not really in the. and will help win with your team. he would like to be picked by the and not the

HABSMANIA21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2006, 12:57 PM
hockey momma

Hockey 103, it is early yet and I have only seen 1 list to date with the top 13 players on. There will be a lot of lists come out and sometimes to get access to them you have to pay. However, DO NOT PAY an agent. If your son is approached that is fine but don't pay anyone. He doesn't necessarily need one until the draft to help him with his contract. My son was approached at 14 and someone told us to wait but we went with this agent and he has done a great job and we have paid nothing!!

hockey momma is offline   Reply With Quote