HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Calculated risks at bargain prices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2006, 12:27 PM
  #1
Bennevol10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Calculated risks at bargain prices

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/story/9582694

Bennevol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 12:31 PM
  #2
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Kim Johnsson: On the surface, Johnsson is a big gamble for the Wild, who signed him for four seasons at $4.8 annually. Johnsson is one of the most underrated offensive defensemen in the league, but he's coming off a concussion that cost him most of the season. Presumably he's healthy, and if so, he'll make a big impact on a revamped Minnesota team. But there will be a lot of breath-holding in St. Paul when he gets hit.
I'm still waiting for the author to explain how this was a "calculated risk at a bargain price".

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 12:51 PM
  #3
stanley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
I'm still waiting for the author to explain how this was a "calculated risk at a bargain price".
I'm wondering how the level of risk and cost are related. By definition, it seems that the cost defines in part the risk.

By any measure, I'm with you that I'm not sure how KJ is anything but a significant risk and a substantial financial investment for Minnesota. Maybe the organization doesn't have any working calculators.

I think the author submitted the article and told the editor to "title it whatever you want."

stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 12:54 PM
  #4
markzab
Registered User
 
markzab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
I'm wondering how the level of risk and cost are related. By definition, it seems that the cost defines in part the risk.
huh?

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 12:55 PM
  #5
Bennevol10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
I'm still waiting for the author to explain how this was a "calculated risk at a bargain price".
Well for example we got Knuble for $1.5 and he scored 30 goals and 65 Points. My friend that is call bargain price.

The author believe Geoff Sanderson can score 25 to 30 goals and probably 50 to 60 points this up coming season and he thinks that is a bargain price for $1.5 Millions.

Bennevol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 01:03 PM
  #6
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennevol10 View Post
Well for example we got Knuble for $1.5 and he scored 30 goals and 65 Points. My friend that is call bargain price.

The author believe Geoff Sanderson can score 25 to 30 goals and probably 50 to 60 points this up coming season and he thinks that is a bargain price for $1.5 Millions.
Yeah, but how is KJ at almost 5 mil per, after missing most of last season with a concussion, ANYTHING like getting Knuble and Sanderson for 1.5? I agree that Knuble and Sanderson are good deals, but why is KJ being mentioned at all in this article?

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 01:44 PM
  #7
Bennevol10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Yeah, but how is KJ at almost 5 mil per, after missing most of last season with a concussion, ANYTHING like getting Knuble and Sanderson for 1.5? I agree that Knuble and Sanderson are good deals, but why is KJ being mentioned at all in this article?
How do I know? Ask the person who wrote the article???

Bennevol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.