HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Things to do in Los Angeles

Old
08-08-2006, 03:31 PM
sigepcsun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinaholic View Post
Im gonna be in Anaheim to see the Red Sox on the 23rd, heading to SAn Diego for that weekend then back to LA to see the Dodgers on that Tuesday and fly home wed....how bad is travel in and around LA/Anaheim and also from Anaheim to SAn Diego?
Last year we went to a sunday game in Ana and it was a pretty smooth ride from San Diego at around 8-9am that took maybe 90minutes, so now w/ my travels coming during the week(but later at night) should i expect some headaches on the roads?
This is by far the worst summer I've seen for the San Diego - OC weekend trip.
My buddy was down from Pasadena and drove back last Sunday he left at 4:00 from Petco Park and called me at 7:30 from San Clemente...I don't think he's coming down to visit again anytime soon. The Del Mar traffic has been awful. Even the coastal route has been brutal.

Best recommendation on weekends is if you're going to drive the 5 freeway leave early before 9:30am or late after 8:00 pm. Otherwise take the train and read a book.
...or take the 15 and do the inland route if you are forced to drive during the day.

sigepcsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Adam Shame

Billy Idol is playing Del Mar Saturday for $5. If i wasn't going to Vegas, I would sooo be there. Take the train down and drink like a fish.

The Getty is awesome. If I remember correctly, parking is the only thing you pay for as admission is free.

Tommy's is WAAAAAAY better than In-N-Out. But devote a day for it to *ahem* pass.

Adam Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Section323

1. Hollywood Bowl-Nothing says LA like a night at the Bowl. Good food & drink and most of all wonderful music from classical to jazz and everything in between.

2. Tiki Ti on Sunset Blvd in Silverlake (next to KCET Studios)-The oldest surviving Tiki Bar in LA and the best anywhere, run by the same family for 3 generations. Great drinks with a huge selection, cool decor, and an infinitely interesting mix of people. Open Wed.-Sat. nights...get there before 8:30 or you'll be waiting in line.

3. Catch the LA Galaxy at Home Depot Center (or as we call it-Victoria Street) in Carson August 20th vs. Dallas.

4. Sunset Junction Street fair in Silverlake Aug.26-27-Perhaps the most interesting people watching event in LA, with 3 stages of music and plenty of beer & food.

5. Rose Bowl Flea Market (this has nothing to do with Theo Fleury) this coming Sunday Aug. 13th-There's an entire parking lot of clothing vendors, mostly vintage, and I've found about 2 dozen different vintage NHL jerseys over the last few years. Not to mention the fact the Rose Bowl is in an awesome setting and Old Town Pasadena is nearby.

6. Pershing Square in Downtown LA-a great place to buy some crack and score a hooker.

Section323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 01:50 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

While we're at it, how about a chilidog at Pink's (corner of La Brea & Melrose) and a couple of tacos from Tito's (Sepulveda and Washington Pl. in Culver City)

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 01:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Where is Hollywood Park at?

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 02:00 PM
guzmania

It's next to the Fabulous Forum in Inglewood. Very close to LAX.

But I much prefer Santa Anita. Prettier location, foot of the San Gabriel mountains in Arcadia. They have been known to have the world famous KROQ microbrew fests in the infield. They also have the euro style paddock where you can watch the horses saddled just before the race. I find it helps to see the horse your plunking down money on.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 02:42 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania View Post
It's next to the Fabulous Forum in Inglewood. Very close to LAX.

But I much prefer Santa Anita. Prettier location, foot of the San Gabriel mountains in Arcadia. They have been known to have the world famous KROQ microbrew fests in the infield. They also have the euro style paddock where you can watch the horses saddled just before the race. I find it helps to see the horse your plunking down money on.
The Santa Anita Derby helps too. Is that still on Labor Day?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote