HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question Regarding Rosters

Old
08-10-2006, 03:55 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Question Regarding Rosters

Hey guys, just curious here, last year the Habs carried 23 guys on their roster...will they carry 23 again this year? Some teams only carried 21-22 guys because of the cap...would this be a smart move on a GM's part, or a mistake to carry less because of injuries etc...Any thoughts?

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
i do not think there will be any problems regarding the rosters

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Habs13

23 is a wise move, imho. No need for Downey (and I'm a Downey fan) to play every game and it's an interesting way to prevent loosing guys to waivers. Yes, I know, it's better for them to play but not if you have to risk giving them up for nothing.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 11:42 PM
NewHabsEra*

Depth is very important.. When a player has a down, you have to find a way to shake him and eventually replace him with a quality player.. I think its important to have a skilled guy ready to jump on a scoring line as well as having an extra grinder in the pressbox.. I hope one of Latendresse or Kostitsyn makes the team, especially if they show they can chanllenge some regulars for their spot.

Of couse, you cant sit any players.. Guys like Koivu, Kovalev, Rivet, Souray have made a name for themself in this league and you just dont motivate these guy that way, you have to do it otherwise.. But young stil not fully established players sure can, it keeps them more hungry.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote