Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Lombardi For Taratukhin?

Old
08-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Navdeep Gill*

vCash: 500
Lombardi For Taratukhin?

Unlike Malkin, Taratukhin wants to come over and play in the NHL. He is like Alexander Frolov skilled and a Sniper in the making, but just a little less skilled. Taratukhin replaced Frolov at the Olympics. I was wondering Daryll Sutter has not signed Lombardi yet, is this a sign that Lombardi may be replaced by Taratukhin or someone else in that Center postion. I am sorry for the thread title it should be Taratukhin For
Lombardi?

Navdeep Gill* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Eradicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navdeep Gill View Post
He is like Alexander Frolov skilled and a Sniper in the making,
even the most optimistic Flames fan can't believe that.

Eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navdeep Gill View Post
He is like Alexander Frolov skilled and a Sniper in the making, but just a little less skilled. Taratukhin replaced Frolov at the Olympics.
Taratukhin is not like Frolov, he isn't a top six scorer. I can see him as a very good two-way 3rd line centre, putting up anywhere from 20-60 points ,but he is no sniper.

Quote:
was wondering Daryll Sutter has not signed Lombardi yet, is this a sign that Lombardi may be replaced by Taratukhin or someone else in that Center postion. I am sorry for the thread title it should be Taratukhin For
Lombardi?
I do however see this as a possibility. I can't really see Taratukhin coming over to play in the AHL, and I can't really see Lombo accepting a deal that sends him to the minors. With his injury problems (most notably the concussion) and a couple good offensive centres coming up (Boyd and Ryder) I think Lombardi is becoming very expendable. Its a shame though, I'd really want us to hang onto him, but I can also understand why we would trade him or even let him walk.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2006, 07:12 PM
abracanada

Well, further confirmation that Taratukhin may be on his way. Once the Malkin fiasco gets resolved, we may find out more.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...Sports/Hockey/

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Taratukhin is nothing like Frolov.

I see him as a 3rd line centre who is strong in both zones and has some playmaking ability.

Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
I realize that this thread was originally posted before Lombardi signed, but had I seen this earlier, I would have still said that I believe Sutter really wants to give Lombardi a shot at fulfulling his potential in Calgary. I think he's also giving Jamie Lundmark a shot, but I see him being a lot less patient with Lundmark and he's likely the first player Sutter will replace with Taratukhin. None of the three are likely to become top line centres, but they're not a bad collection of young centres to have.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Celticgreen

Dont be surprised if you see Lundmark get some time on the first line... Sutter is quite high on him, he was near a point-per-game player since he joined the Flames. And he's good at faceoffs to boot.

Celticgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2006, 06:47 PM
da_pope*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticgreen View Post
Dont be surprised if you see Lundmark get some time on the first line... Sutter is quite high on him, he was near a point-per-game player since he joined the Flames. And he's good at faceoffs to boot.
Sutter isn't the coach.

da_pope* is offline   Reply With Quote