HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros to pivot Lundmark and Moore!

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Leetch

vCash: 500
Lindros to pivot Lundmark and Moore!

According to the New York Post, Lindros will be pivoting Lundmark and Moore tonight. Finally, a solid line. Maybe Lundmark and Moore will play more than 3 minutes now! For your interest, the other lines at practice were Rucinsky/Holik/Carter, Hlavac/Nedved/Kovy, and Simon/Messier/Barnaby. This leaves Lacouture as a healthy scratch. Oh well.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:35 AM
BIG FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch
According to the New York Post, Lindros will be pivoting Lundmark and Moore tonight. Finally, a solid line. Maybe Lundmark and Moore will play more than 3 minutes now! For your interest, the other lines at practice were Rucinsky/Holik/Carter, Hlavac/Nedved/Kovy, and Simon/Messier/Barnaby. This leaves Lacouture as a healthy scratch. Oh well.
I understand that Lundmark and Moore need more ice time, but why break up the Lindros/Holik combination after they played so well against Edmonton?

Old
11-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG FAN
I understand that Lundmark and Moore need more ice time, but why break up the Lindros/Holik combination after they played so well against Edmonton?
Cuz they lost 5-4. They gave up two solid lines so they could have one solid line and 20 min of Messier... They cant win like that.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:39 AM
Fletch

Why break it up?

because it makes little sense. The team is stronger having Lindros and Holik play on different lines. What good is one line that is going if the team's still losing? What's troubling me is that Nedved and Kovalev do not click, and add Hlavac and it's even worse. That's where one of Moore or Lundmark should be playing.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:40 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Because it is completely assinine to have Lindros playing wing. And also it would back Messier back into a 4th line role. This team is strongest when it can go Lindros/Nedved/Holik/Messier down the center position on 4 different lines.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:42 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
What TB said! ....And because the TEAM lost and looked bad doing so with 4 new lines..Lindros and Holik did look good, but going back to 2 lines that were at least OK (BMS line and Rustinksky-Holik-Carter) and working something out with the other 6 forwards while bringing in the energy of the kids and keeping Nedved-Kovalev as a pair sounds like a decent plan...Especially thinking long term because Holik-Lindros will probablu not be a checking against top lines which would leave that duty to Messier's line...

Old
11-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Mitchy

Yep..

Quote:
That's where one of Moore or Lundmark should be playing.
And this is what I'd like the lines to look like:

Simon Lindros Lundmark
Moore Nedved Kovalev
Ruchinksy Holik Carter
Hlavac Messier Barnaby

Old
11-12-2003, 09:03 AM
JR#9*

These lines are alot better and we needed to get to having 4 solid lines but to me I'd still have tried Eric w/Kovalev and Simon.

Eric and Kovalev are our 2 best forwards and we need each playing their best if we are to have decent success.Being that each has been tried at each and every spot EXCEPT with eachother I'd give it a shot being that all the other combos have yet to bring the desired results.

Simon-Lindros-Kovalev
Hlavac-Nedved-Lundy
Rosie-Holik-Carter
Moore-Mess-Barnaby

Old
11-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Larry Melnyk

I don't understand wanting to break up the Simon-Messier-barnaby line when it's been the best line all year, especially when given limited ice time (what we all want for Messier)---Keep it that way..And Holik-Carter with Rucinsky along for the ride was also a decent defensive/chacking line.......When these lines were together, we were playing pretty decent defensive hockey for the most part...And that's the name of the game..

I can't see Kovalev with Lindros, Lindros plays mostly up and down (if not always in treaffic) while Kovalev is all over the place...it hasn't worked, but Nedved is the best match we have for Kovalev...It doesn't help matters that Hlavac flat out sucks n the LW, but they should still be producing...Other then what Sather appears to be trying tonight, I might attempt

Moore-Nedved-Kovalev
Lacouture-Lindros-Lundmark

But who the hell knows, whatever the lines, guys like Nedved, Lindros and Kovalev have to start producing goals..

Old
11-12-2003, 09:45 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
But who the hell knows, whatever the lines, guys like Nedved, Lindros and Kovalev have to start producing goals..
That is the bottom line b/c it makes no sense to keep our 3rd/4th lines intact even if they have played well if it comes at the expense of possibly getting the above mentioned names going b/c if they don't we're done so while the Simon-Mess-Matty unit has been very good I wouldn't hesitate to break it up if it could possibly get one of the top 2 lines going.

As for Lindros-Kovalev, yes it did materialize last year and they showed no chemistry together but in the same thought process just who has Kovalev had chemistry with since he and Nedved have done nothing together and since Eric has played well despite not being able to find the right combo of linemates it only makes sense to try the 2 together as they've each had time with every other linemate except eachother.

And yes the styles contrast but in the new defensive system I don't think it would be as big a factor and with Lindros now going north-south again and going hard to the net I think we'd be suprised at them success they can have together as Lindros actually wants a puck carrier on his line and AK is the best puckcarrier in the NHL as well as AK being able to make a move and get his shot on net that has left plenty of rebounds this yr but having Nedved-Hlavac on his line those rebounds haven't been pounced on.

Put Simon on the other side to give another big body for Lindros to work the boards and front of the net with and we'd see positive results,

Also we need Nedved to really start contributing offensively and IMO he plays better when he's the offensive catalyst on the line.Right now that would be Kovalev and Nedved is left in a secondary role and doesn't get as much accomplished as when he is the guy using his speed with the puck and getting off his wrister on the rush.

I also think that if a Hlavac-Nedved-Lundy line were constructed we;d see Nedved use his linemates better than AK has been able to do thus far.

Old
11-12-2003, 09:49 AM
ihatenewjersey

Quote:
what are you glen sather or something??

Old
11-12-2003, 10:03 AM
shmekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch
Mazel Tov!

Old
11-12-2003, 10:09 AM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
yes the lines we have all been asking for WEEKS have finally happened!

Old
11-12-2003, 10:17 AM
Lundie26

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
because it makes little sense. The team is stronger having Lindros and Holik play on different lines. What good is one line that is going if the team's still losing? What's troubling me is that Nedved and Kovalev do not click, and add Hlavac and it's even worse. That's where one of Moore or Lundmark should be playing.
agreed, plus i think the lindros line needs alittle more nhl experience on it although i must say that i cant wait 2 see what those guys can do out there

Old
11-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
That is the bottom line b/c it makes no sense to keep our 3rd/4th lines intact even if they have played well if it comes at the expense of possibly getting the above mentioned names going b/c if they don't we're done so while the Simon-Mess-Matty unit has been very good I wouldn't hesitate to break it up if it could possibly get one of the top 2 lines going
I'd rather have to try and tune half a team that was winning and playing decent defensive hockey then start from scratch to try and jump start totally unreliable and inconsistent players like The Big Eunich and Nedved and even Kovalev...Lindros does not need a fairly worthless Chris Simon to get him going, he needs to take control by himself and make others follow..Same with Kovalev..And Nedved..Doesn't matter if it's Simon or Hlavac or Moore or Lundamrk..They should play off the Big guys....There's always excuses for these guys not getting the job done, the bottom line is that right now they just don't have the testicular fortitude to get it done.....Two of the lines are fine and basically helped this team win games..leave them alone so we have a chance...There is enough ammo in the collection of Lindros, Nedved, Kovalev, and the kids to get it done, if the Big guys are worth anything....which is very questionable...

Old
11-12-2003, 10:41 AM
JR#9*

Lindros has played well all season as far as I'm concerned but prior to playing with Holik for the 2 games he was getting no support from his linemates.

And there is no total restructuring here as the only change to the 3rd and 4th lines is that Simon would be getting replaced with Moore on the Mess Matty line and the Rosie-Holik-Carter line would remain intact so the only thing you'd be doing really is shaking up the two top lines which aren't working so to me it's in the very least worth a stab.

Old
11-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Lindros has played well all season as far as I'm concerned but prior to playing with Holik for the 2 games he was getting no support from his linemates.

And there is no total restructuring here as the only change to the 3rd and 4th lines is that Simon would be getting replaced with Moore on the Mess Matty line and the Rosie-Holik-Carter line would remain intact so the only thing you'd be doing really is shaking up the two top lines which aren't working so to me it's in the very least worth a stab.

Personally, I think Lindros has been half-on and half-off, very far from consistent.......Anyways, That only change obliterates the so far best line on the team and gives Lindros a slug to play with...All that being said, I'd give it a whirl if the current new lines fail after a game or two..

Old
11-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Ranger Wolf
Red Dwarf XI & XII

Well this never happened. And now with Moore in Hartford and Lindros injured it probably will not happen. This is why we call Sather TLB and jackass. Ugh.

Closed Thread