HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

How much longer till lacroix "finally" acquires his #1?

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 09:33 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
How much longer till lacroix "finally" acquires his #1?

the avs have not got 1 single game this year where their goaltender has stolen a win for the team, heck last night one of the rumored goalies to colorado stole his team a point, while the avs rookie goalie cost them a point with a poor decision late in the game.

if colorado is serious about contending for a cup, then they are going to have to get a goalie soon or else face the possbility of playing the #4 or 5 seed in the first round which will be either detriot or st. louis(most likely one of those teams, assuming dallas wins theire division), cuz the canucks aren't going to choke this time around and have 3 solid lines, a solid d-corps and improved goaltending and curently due to their strong play and the magnitude of injuires to the avs, the front-runners for the divison.

colorado needs to start getting the goaltending that can steal points for them in some games, when they typically take a period or 2 off.

i am hoping lacroix acquires that goalie soon, because no matter any avs fan tells you, the avs goaltending has NOT been strong enough for a contending team and if they want their divison and highest seed possible it's time to acquire that starting golatender, NOW!

what are your thoughts on when lacroix will pull the trigger?

Old
11-14-2003, 09:35 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Why is that all offseason, when everyone else was telling you guys this, you said Abeschier and Suave would be fine?

Is it just because you were just that spoiled from having Roy all those year?

Old
11-14-2003, 09:39 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Why is that all offseason, when everyone else was telling you guys this, you said Abeschier and Suave would be fine?
hope? optisim? believing in abby? denial? take your pick, heck some people thought the avs could win 60+ games, me included(although i was being severly optimistic), anyways i thought lacroix was just blowing smoke and was going to acquire theodore or burke or someone before the season started, but lacroix is a patient man and he will continue to be patient, which begs the question when?

Old
11-14-2003, 09:43 AM
RoyIsALegend*

It's November 14th.

Jesus Christ... the season is not decided at Thanksgiving.

Old
11-14-2003, 09:59 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
It's November 14th.

Jesus Christ... the season is not decided at Thanksgiving.
a couple of things:

a) dont be hypicritical, i read you thread begging the avs to start talking with the caps, so i am not the ONLY one concerned with our current goaltending.

b) "the season is not decided at Thanksgiving", if you think the canucks are going to slow down, you are in for a rude awakening, things will be different from last year, guaranteed.

c) don't know how long you have been an avs fan, but hopefully you will remember 99 & 00, where if the avs had not had slow starts, would have been playing game 7 in their building, nuff said.

d) frankly, i am allowed to be concerned with the avs goaltending, this is a message board where people are allowed to voice their concerns, ideas and opinions and frankly i am tired of people saying don't worry about the injuries, dont worry about the goaltending, things will work themselves out etc. etc. no the way the avs have played is not good enough for this talent, no excuses, their ARE promblems with this team that need to be addressed or else like i said in my earlierpost the avs are going to have a tougher time in the playoffs.

i sick of avs fans sugar coating this lousy start, RIAL and wazee being 2 obvious ones, its post like yours that make me wish i was cheering for the same team as M=G, cuz it tells it like it is, just like lappeierre does and avs fans whine that he is being to harsh, well the avs cant barely beats teams so far, every game is being decided by 1 goal and i remember at the start of the season people saying "oh yeah the avs have such a weak schedule, they should have no problem getting off to hot start etc." what now?

well, it is friday so maybe you have started your typical drunk babling on these boards, and i should ignore your previous post!

Old
11-14-2003, 10:04 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
its post like yours that make me wish i was cheering for the same team as M=G, cuz it tells it like it is, just like lappeierre does and avs fans whine that he is being to harsh, well the avs cant barely beats teams so far, every game is being decided by 1 goal and i remember at the start of the season people saying "oh yeah the avs have such a weak schedule, they should have no problem getting off to hot start etc." what now?
Watch your ankles as you fall off the bandwagon, you friggin' clown.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:08 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Quote:
Watch your ankles as you fall off the bandwagon, you friggin' clown.
bandwagon, please, being dissapointed is an entirely different concept, as for being a clown your the fool who acts like he is "cool" by posting ramblings when he is supposedly "drunk", so i would watch who u call a clown

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...ght=avs-devils

Old
11-14-2003, 10:10 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
When the right deal comes along.

You are essentially suggesting that Lacroix force a deal right now, based on a sampling of six weeks of hockey in October and November, and on the heels of an OT loss.

I'd respectfully suggest that it would be a rash decision to feel compelled to make a move right now. Wait until you have a healthy team back, and evaluate Aebischer further in the meantime.

Those who were rushing to make a deal for a goalie in the summer are simply rushing again right now. Doesn't typically work that way in the NHL.

A rush to judgement, IMO.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:13 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

First off, lets quit the name calling right now.

The Av's do seem to have a goaltending problem. However, I think that by waiting until the season they have made things easier as far as getting a replacement.

I would not be surprised to see the Av's go for a cheaper stop gap solution, like Hurme for example. There is no need to make a huge blockbuster deal right now, and with the Av's offense you do not necessarily need an elite goaltender.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Speak for yourself DRL, I have seen both goaltenders working on there game since the beginning of the season. This is their testing time, and they have until the trade deadline to prove their mettle.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I certainly haven't sugarcoated the Avs start this season...

In regards to Sauve, he wasn't bad, but he was ordinary. I still say he played well enough to win. The problem wasn't necessarily him, though he played a larger role in all three goals scored, it was the Avs lazy play in the 3rd period. In Phil's defense, he did leave it behind the net for McAllister, who showed his complete ineptitude at handling the puck by skating right by it. We have better defensemen in Hershey, I'd rather see DJ Smith up here than Chris the Pylon. And John-Michael Liles in OT had a streaking Coyotes player lined up so perfectly along the boards, I could have flattened him. He let the guy (I think it was Nagy) skate right past him ALONG THE BOARDS and set up the winning goal. Liles has shown some promise, but rookie or not, you don't ever let a forward skate past you along the boards, anyone who's played a shift of D at any level knows that.

As for the team, they have yet to put together a full 60 minutes. This time they just chose to make those 2 periods the first two rather than the latter two.

Top power play in the league or not, this power play is just not getting the job done in clutch situations. They obviously needed to score more than just once on the man-advantage. And to go 0-for-6 on 5-on-3 situations is inexcusable.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The goaltending is not the problem. It's the job of the COACH and the players to adjust to the fact that Roy is not back there to make up for defensive zone lapses and turnovers. Quenneville did that when he didn't have his best defenseman and a handful of AHL goaltenders. Will Granato? So far he hasn't shown the kind of adaptability most great NHL coaches have.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:16 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
makes me wanna wish i was cheering for the same team as M=G, cuz it tells it like it is
You aren't very bright if you want to be a Stars fan these days..

But oh well, I think we can add one, that gives us 6 Stars fans in total here at HF!

Old
11-14-2003, 10:17 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Just want to make a couple of comments.

1) How many games did Roy blow at the start of last season? I would be that it's more than the Aeby/Sauve have so far. (BTW, I'm not saying that DA or PS are in Roy's league, just that the Av's really struggled at the start of last season).
2) Has anyone else been unimpressed with the Av's team D? I haven't watched all of their games, but from what I've seen, the Av's haven't been playing all that well. A portion of that might be the injury issues, but I think that they just aren't clicking yet.
3) COL is 3 points behind VAN with a game in hand. It's not like the Canuck's are running away with anything.
4) What's the fascination with Kolzig? He's been to the finals once, and his team has lost in the first round every year since. Several times to inferior Penguins teams (not that it's all Kolzig's fault).

Just my $.02. I definetely wouldn't overpay for Kolzig or Burke if I'm PL. The organization doesn't have the depth it once did, and they can't afford to move a good young position player (Tanguay, etc) for a goaltender upgrade IMO.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:19 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
When the right deal comes along.

You are essentially suggesting that Lacroix force a deal right now, based on a sampling of six weeks of hockey in October and November, and on the heels of an OT loss.

I'd respectfully suggest that it would be a rash decision to feel compelled to make a move right now. Wait until you have a healthy team back, and evaluate Aebischer further in the meantime.

Those who were rushing to make a deal for a goalie in the summer are simply rushing again right now. Doesn't typically work that way in the NHL.

A rush to judgement, IMO.

no, i dont mean to imply lacroix should feel forced into a deal, and its not as a result of the ot loss, the team while not healthy is still a top 5 team based on talent and should not be losing games in the 3rd period to buffalo and phoenix.

if count the number of bad/poor games by the goaltending you will it to be the main cause of the poor start, not injuries,

if any avs fan feels that the goaltending played well in any of these games please correct me, but by my account goaltending lost us points in the following games:

6-3 edm, 4-1 bos(though all players played poorly), 4-4 min(abby was pulled) nj loss late goal, buf loss late goal, last night poor turnover, abby let in some soft goal vs. chi. last game,same with the san jose game etc.

our offense has to bail the goaltending out with last period and ot heroics, it cant go on forerever.

the point of my long speeches is that the avs are losing valuable points due to inconsistent goaltending and i would prefer that lacroix acquired an uprgade before its too late, whenever that may be.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:20 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
Just want to make a couple of comments.

1) How many games did Roy blow at the start of last season? I would be that it's more than the Aeby/Sauve have so far.
2) Has anyone else been unimpressed with the Av's team D? I haven't watched all of their games, but from what I've seen, the Av's haven't been playing all that well. A portion of that might be the injury issues, but I think that they just aren't clicking yet.
3) COL is 3 points behind VAN with a game in hand. It's not like the Canuck's are running away with anything.
4) What's the fascination with Kolzig? He's been to the finals once, and his team has lost in the first round every year since. Several times to inferior Penguins teams (not that it's all Kolzig's fault).

Just my $.02. I definetely wouldn't overpay for Kolzig or Burke if I'm PL. The organization doesn't have the depth it once did, and they can't afford to move a good young position player (Tanguay, etc) for a goaltender upgrade IMO.
Well-said on all points. Have any of you Kolzig-lovers seen Olie play this year. Bad team in front of him or not, he's been HORRIBLE. Not just average, but HORRIBLE.

I know it's not a declaration of the best goaltender in the league, but when Aebischer is leading the NHL in wins, we should give credit where credit is due, shouldn't we?

And I'll make my prediction again. Sauve will be a career backup. The man to watch in a year or two will be Peter Budaj.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:20 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
bandwagon, please, being dissapointed is an entirely different concept, as for being a clown your the fool who acts like he is "cool" by posting ramblings when he is supposedly "drunk", so i would watch who u call a clown

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...ght=avs-devils
Hey, we all have mishaps... my mistakes for wanting to post on HFBoards once I get home on weekends.

Let's cut it out now, though.

I have little respect for people who openly want to cheer for other teams because they think they're better. Every team disappoints. Colorado has been to the Western Conference finals in five of the last seven years. There is nothing to worry about right now.

Vancouver will choke and Colorado will win a tenth straight division title.

It's life.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:22 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
You aren't very bright if you want to be a Stars fan these days..

But oh well, I think we can add one, that gives us 6 Stars fans in total here at HF!

you misunderstood me, i was implying that i wished we had posters like u critique the avs fairly like you do with your stars,

BTW is looks like we were both fools in that top 6/9 forwards poll debate as neither of our teams deserve the label of having the top forward crops so far, well at least i can use injuries as an excuse

oh i think the canucks/sens have deserved that label so far, what do u think M=G?

Old
11-14-2003, 10:26 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
you misunderstood me, i was implying that i wished we had posters like u critique the avs fairly like you do with your stars,

BTW is looks like we were both fools in that top 6/9 forwards poll debate as neither of our teams deserve the label of having the top forward crops so far, well at least i can use injuries as an excuse

oh i think the canucks/sens have deserved that label so far, what do u think M=G?
Regarding top 6/9 forwards? Well fortunatly that isn't based on 20 games, if it would, the Stars would be somewhere.. well, somwhere out of sight. The Avs a lot closer since their 3rd line (read: Kono) has played extremely well, chipping in timely goals. So far, the Nucks and Kings (and Sens as usual) have shown to own the most guns. But I think it will be different by the end of Christmas.. Hopefully with the Stars having made a significant progression, but I'm not banking on it, hell, IMO the Stars have a long way to go to even make the playoffs, let alone cause some damage, they just play awful hockey, reminds me of 2001.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:26 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
6-3 edm, 4-1 bos(though all players played poorly), 4-4 min(abby was pulled) nj loss late goal, buf loss late goal, last night poor turnover, abby let in some soft goal vs. chi. last game,same with the san jose game etc.

our offense has to bail the goaltending out with last period and ot heroics, it cant go on forerever.

the point of my long speeches is that the avs are losing valuable points due to inconsistent goaltending and i would prefer that lacroix acquired an uprgade before its too late, whenever that may be.
The Av's have 5 losses and 2 ties (and are winning at a .625 rate, on pace for a 103 point season). You list basically every game that the Av's haven't won as the goaltenders fault.

Boston and EDM completely outplayed them in those two losses. Blaming the goaltending is just weak in those cases. I agree that the offense bailed DA against CHI, and unless they play better going forward, PL might be forced to make a move.

But to state that PL needs to make a move right now is being a drama-king IMO. The team hasn't been playing all that well IMO, and they have had several major players missing due to injury. I think it's just going to take a while for the team to gel with as many new faces as they have. (Kariya, Selanne, Skrastins, Kono, rookies, etc.)

Old
11-14-2003, 10:28 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Quote:
Hey, we all have mishaps... my mistakes for wanting to post on HFBoards once I get home on weekends.

Let's cut it out now, though.

I have little respect for people who openly want to cheer for other teams because they think they're better. Every team disappoints. Colorado has been to the Western Conference finals in five of the last seven years. There is nothing to worry about right now.

Vancouver will choke and Colorado will win a tenth straight division title.

It's life.
listen, i didn't mean to get into a war of words, i just didn't appreciate how you demeaned my topic by basically telling me to relax about our goaltending when you had a similar topic a few days ago, defiantely hypcritical, or calling me a bandwagon fool, when i have folowed the avs since roy came just like u, however, i disagree that "openly cheering for other teams" speech is false, i was giving props to the canucks cuz, well they deserve, and by calling them chokers just pisses off their fans and we cant always use our past as an reply to their arguements that we struggling right now, which comes back to our goaltending.

so i ask you this RIAL give me your opinions on our goaltending and when u think lacroix should pull the trigger?

no disrespect.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:29 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Regarding top 6/9 forwards? Well fortunatly that isn't based on 20 games, if it would, the Stars would be somewhere.. well, somwhere out of sight. The Avs a lot closer since their 3rd line (read: Kono) has played extremely well, chipping in timely goals. So far, the Nucks and Kings (and Sens as usual) have shown to own the most guns. But I think it will be different by the end of Christmas.. Hopefully with the Stars having made a significant progression, but I'm not banking on it, hell, IMO the Stars have a long way to go to even make the playoffs, let alone cause some damage, they just play awful hockey, reminds me of 2001.
well, i guess will find out saturday

Old
11-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
well, i guess will find out saturday
I actually had a bet running with Mack, but my vote goes to the Avs so he pulled out as he didn't want to put his money on the Stars. Though I can't blame him.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:31 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
The Av's have 5 losses and 2 ties (and are winning at a .625 rate, on pace for a 103 point season). You list basically every game that the Av's haven't won as the goaltenders fault.

Boston and EDM completely outplayed them in those two losses. Blaming the goaltending is just weak in those cases. I agree that the offense bailed DA against CHI, and unless they play better going forward, PL might be forced to make a move.

But to state that PL needs to make a move right now is being a drama-king IMO. The team hasn't been playing all that well IMO, and they have had several major players missing due to injury. I think it's just going to take a while for the team to gel with as many new faces as they have. (Kariya, Selanne, Skrastins, Kono, rookies, etc.)

where does everyone assume i said "make a move right now"?

i said lacroix should be thinking of making a move soon NOT now, and the point of this thread is to find out when everyone thinks lacroix will make a move, which so far no one has answered

Old
11-14-2003, 10:33 AM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
if colorado is serious about contending for a cup, then they are going to have to get a goalie soon or else face the possbility of playing the #4 or 5 seed in the first round which will be either detriot or st. louis(most likely one of those teams, assuming dallas wins theire division), cuz the canucks aren't going to choke this time around and have 3 solid lines, a solid d-corps and improved goaltending and curently due to their strong play and the magnitude of injuires to the avs, the front-runners for the divison.

colorado needs to start getting the goaltending that can steal points for them in some games, when they typically take a period or 2 off.

i am hoping lacroix acquires that goalie soon, because no matter any avs fan tells you, the avs goaltending has NOT been strong enough for a contending team and if they want their divison and highest seed possible it's time to acquire that starting golatender, NOW!

agreed...the avs don't have a goalie that can steal games. the last two years we only finished as the division champs b/c Roy stole a bunch games for us. aebi and sauve aren't going to get us through the playoffs.

As for when he'll aquire someone, my guess is the first week or so in december, around the same time PL made his last huge change with firing hartley.

hoping for one of these three though: kolzig, khabi, or burke. only problem is tanguay really shouldn't be traded with the way he is playing and all these questions about forsberg's injury. skoula, aebi, prospects, picks are really all that we can give up, and maybe worrell. if we could could get away with a trade and keep/get our first three lines healthy and intact I think we'd be good to go.

Old
11-14-2003, 10:36 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence
agreed...the avs don't have a goalie that can steal games. the last two years we only finished as the division champs b/c Roy stole a bunch games for us. aebi and sauve aren't going to get us through the playoffs.

As for when he'll aquire someone, my guess is the first week or so in december, around the same time PL made his last huge change with firing hartley.

hoping for one of these three though: kolzig, khabi, or burke. only problem is tanguay really shouldn't be traded with the way he is playing and all these questions about forsberg's injury. skoula, aebi, prospects, picks are really all that we can give up, and maybe worrell. if we could could get away with a trade and keep/get our first three lines healthy and intact I think we'd be good to go.

thank u for being the only one to talk about what i was saying ,the avs don't have a goalie that can steal games, that all i was trying to get across.

Closed Thread