HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Tomas Kloucek anyone?

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 11:27 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
if kloucek weren't made of glass, he would absolutely have a spot in the predators lineup, and that clown jamie allison would be in milwaukee where he belongs. i was absolutely thrilled when we got kloucek...but rags fans warned us how injury prone he was...and sadly, it's true. he plays solidly when he's in...makes some huge hits..but every hit, you think, "is this the last shift i'm going to see of him for the next few weeks?" it started last year when he was in milwaukee(missed most of the end of the season with a knee injury) continued this year "missed the first 10 or so games with ANOTHER knee injury incurred in preseason) came back for about 5 games...and is now out again, with a shoulder injury. his inability to stay healthy has pretty much made the decision for us that he goes, brookbank and allison stay. i love the guy...i really do...but he's never going to have a career in this league...because he's too fragile, for whatever reason.

Old
11-18-2003, 02:46 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Suffering

Another issue is the payroll of the team.

Jim Kelley said yesterday that his talks to the people around the Sabres is that they like where the payroll is currently at.

It sounds to me like any deals that they make will have to roughly be dollar for dollar contract wise.

So if they were able to deal Novotny for Kloucek, then they are going to need to move a defenseman that makes about as much as Kloucek for a pick or prospect.

Old
12-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Looks like Nashville is going to have to move a dman soon and Kloucek is one of the prime candidates to go.

Defenseman may be traded

He plays the left side, but a 6'2" 230lb dman with a mean streak would be a welcome addition. If it came to it, I'd even waive Campbell to make a spot for him. He's struggled some since the knee injury, but with regular ice time, I think he's still top 4 material.
Seems Atlanta could put together the package of two middling prospects that landed Kloucek. Eh. I'm sure someone with a vivid marketing mind can sell the Cream Puff Crew to the local masses...

Old
12-02-2003, 04:55 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Kloucek was dealt to Atlanta today along with Ben Simon in exchange for Simon Gamache and Kirill Safranov.

Old
12-03-2003, 04:31 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Wow, Nashville got a lot for Kloucek. Safronov will be an good player someday and Gamache is hit or miss.

Closed Thread