HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal=Was/Nyr/Pit

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 10:56 AM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
Proposal=Was/Nyr/Pit

this may be either a little far fetched or a crappy proposal, or both! so bear with me.

to washington:
darius kasparaitis
chad wiseman

to new york:
jaromir jagr
jakub cutta
5 million

-----------------
to pittsburgh:
jaromir jagr
10 million(5 each from nyr and wash)

to new york:
martin straka
ryan whitney
2004 3rd round draft pick

REASONS:
A)Washington: they are desperate to get rid of jagr's salary and bad attitude and they need defenseman. so they do both by trading jagr to the rangers and getting kasparaitis. they cant get off that easy though, so they have to pay SOME of JJ salary and include a mid-tier prospect in cutta while getting a solid scorer/playmaker in wiseman(who is still young enough to blossom, look at fata) to play on one their top 3 lines.

B)New York: they get out of kaspars ridiculous contract(5 years left including this season) and get a solid prospect in cutta and can use jagr as trade bait. by trading jagr to pittsburgh they get a solid leftwinger if healthy(thats why pitt includes the draft pick) and a good young prospect defenseman in whitney.

C)Pittsburgh: who else can help save the penguins? jagr goes back to the place were he had all of his success and were fans adore him(as far as i know) and that in turn helps fill the seats and can also help in the push for a new arena for the team. by getting strakas salary off the books they also save some money and it helps them pay part of jagr's salary.

what do you think? dont be too hard on me since i aint good at 3-way proposals.

Old
11-13-2003, 11:12 AM
jhopspensfan

$2.5 million is the max cash Bettman will allow in a transaction, but nonetheless, there is noooooooooooooooooooooo way Patrick wants cry-baby Jagr back.

and there is nooooooooooooooo way Patrick gives up his #1 d-man of the future.

Old
11-13-2003, 11:41 AM
barnaby63

ah well, it was worth a shot.

Old
11-13-2003, 01:30 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

why would the Pens take back jagr wehn tey ha to trade him for financial reasons in the first place? 5m from each team covers 1 year of the salary, but not the next 6. and Whitney is an untouchable, so he sint going anywhere

Old
11-13-2003, 02:31 PM
PensFan68

I think it would be nice to see Jagr back in the Burgh, but it just isn't going to happen. We just simply can not afford him. Attendence has been bad, and it's only going to get worse because the season isn't going to get much better(i hope it does, but we're really going to have to help out Fleury for it to happen).

Old
11-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
ah well, it was worth a shot.
Hey, don't sweat it bro! I happen to like it.

Old
11-13-2003, 04:02 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
why would the Pens take back jagr wehn tey ha to trade him for financial reasons in the first place? 5m from each team covers 1 year of the salary, but not the next 6. and Whitney is an untouchable, so he sint going anywhere
well i figured 10 million spread out over 5 years is 2 million a year which would make jagrs salary 9 million. then i subtracted strakas salary and thought about the added revenue with jagr going back to pittsburgh.

Old
11-13-2003, 04:52 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
well i figured 10 million spread out over 5 years is 2 million a year which would make jagrs salary 9 million. then i subtracted strakas salary and thought about the added revenue with jagr going back to pittsburgh.
2 problems wiht this
1) Straka's contract is over at the end of next year, so it would only really be two years of savings technically
2) Jagr didnt leave on the best of terms from the city, and fans boo him when he comes back (wrongfully i might add). still, even with Straka gone and 2M paid a year, its still too far out o the Pens budget reach.

but as said before, it was a nice try.

Closed Thread