HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects in Omaha this upcoming season?

Old
08-10-2006, 12:34 PM
X-SHARKIE

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Prospects in Omaha this upcoming season?

Hey folks, i'll be seeing Omaha play Oct. 15th in Chicago with an eye on watching some of your prospects play.

Which top prospects will be playing for Omaha this season?

Will Chucko be there?

X-SHARKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 12:54 PM
BoUcHeR_1

Daniel Ryder and Kris Chucko will be pobably in AHL this season

BoUcHeR_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 01:02 PM
NeonDion

Given the logjam in the Flames ranks, unless one of the prospects has an amazing camp you'll see most of them there.

Nystrom is a solid lock for a checking line forward with good leadership skills. Langenbrunner upside perhaps?

I personally would watch David Moss, Dustin Boyd and Kris Chucko. I think the all have good top 6 potential. David VanDerGuilk could also be an interesting guy to watch considering his acheivements in Boston.

Nothing new, good or exciting on the defensive end of things.

The goaltending is a bit of a wild card. I'd like to get a better read on Curtis McElhinney as David Marcoux, the Flames goaltending coach, seems to be pretty high with him, as seen here.

Edit: Dan Ryder cannot play in the AHL this season. He is too young.

Last edited by NeonDion: 08-10-2006 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Boucher
NeonDion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonDion View Post
The goaltending is a bit of a wild card. I'd like to get a better read on Curtis McElhinney as David Marcoux, the Flames goaltending coach, seems to be pretty high with him, as seen here.
Who stands in the way of McElhinney getting some NHL action this season ?

Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2006, 03:26 PM
NeonDion

Kipper, Krahn and McLennan. Unless Krahn and McLennan go down I doubt we'll see Curtis in action. If krahn is ready to be Kipper 's back up, I see McElhinney playing at least 60 games this season in Omaha trying to solidify himself as the number one goalie there. At which point he and Krahn can duke it out for who gets to play in the big League.

NeonDion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 10:35 AM
chriss_co

I predict the Knights to have a slow start w/ the new rookies getting adjusted to pro hockey. Then around midseason, the Knights will be a very solid team. If many of the prospects in Omaha stay for next season, I can see them contending and possibly winning a Calder trophy.

I think we are set in goal w/ Krahn and Curtis. I think Curtis will have the #1 role in Omaha the year after w/ Krahn backing up Kipper.

chriss_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 10:41 AM
ryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoUcHeR_1 View Post
Daniel Ryder and Kris Chucko will be pobably in AHL this season
Ryder will remain in Peterborough this year.

Chucko, Nystrom, Ramholt, Taratukin (maybe), Boyd, Van der Gulik and Seitsonen will likely be the core of the newer players on the Knights this year. Older players that are pretty good include Krahn, Regehr 2.0, Giordanno, Moss and Gyrmen.

ryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Tilley_

The headliners for Omaha will likely be Nystrom, Krahn, Chucko, Moss, and Taratukin (if he comes over). Prust will likely impress due to his hustle and intensity. The guys who could really influence the team depending on how well they adjust to the pro game are Boyd, Ramholt, Cracknell, and to a lesser extent Seitsonen. Cracknell adjusted well at the end of last season and may be a diamond in the rough.
Last year Omaha had 11 rookies on the roster. This year there will likely be 5 or 6 with Ramholt and Taratukin having professional experience. The rookies are also much more skilled than the rookies of a year ago. I think this team will be much improved from last year, particularly if they do not depend on Boyd and Chucko too much early in the year.

Tilley_ is offline   Reply With Quote