HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Sauer Signs

Old
08-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Cherepanov 71

vCash: 500
Michael Sauer Signs

Micheal Sauer signs with the Rangers via newyorkrangers.com

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Levitate

cool, don't need to worry about getting him signed next year

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Levitate

I think it's usually frowned upon to post an entire article...

Old
08-08-2006, 02:21 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Very nice. I guess he must of impressed the right guys at the prospect camp.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:27 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Very nice. I guess he must of impressed the right guys at the prospect camp.
McKenzie said that Sauer was the steal of the 05 draft, and that he would have been a first rounder had not it been for his injury history.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Good that he's signed, but he will be back in juniors, no?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Fletch

yes tawnos, but...

as Levitate says, no need to worry about negotiating with him next season (and does this mean when his junior team is done he can come over without any negotiation with the Rangers? - or does he have to sign a different kind of contract for the AHL?).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:39 PM
eco's bones

Most likely he returns to the WHL but we don't have to worry about signing him at the last minute and risk his re-entering the draft.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:40 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
McKenzie said that Sauer was the steal of the 05 draft, and that he would have been a first rounder had not it been for his injury history.
He was one of them listed. McGuire happened to pick Pyatt as his steal of the draft (and reminded everyone of it during the WJC).

It'll be very interesting to see how many players we have participating at this year's WJC, too.

Staal
Pyatt
Russell (?)
Cliche (?)
Sauer (?)
Sanguinetti (?)
Anisimov (?)
Kveton (?)
Zaborsky (?)
Zeliska (?)

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:41 PM
shoothepuck

Good they signed him, now if he can stay injury free and continue to impress, maybe he'll turn out ok.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:41 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
as Levitate says, no need to worry about negotiating with him next season (and does this mean when his junior team is done he can come over without any negotiation with the Rangers? - or does he have to sign a different kind of contract for the AHL?).
I don't think that staal had to go through any negotiations when he did this last year, so probably not.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
well, if Staal's situation is any indication, then yeah the Rangers can just assign him to Hartford and he doesn't need to sign an ATO or anything. Though when the Rangers signed Greg Moore at the end of his season last year, the Pack still had to sign him to an ATO in order to play him. However, that could be because the contract he signed with the Rangers didn't take immediate effect, and so he also needed the ATO to play for Hartford. Staal had already signed the year before, so that wasn't an issue

Old
08-08-2006, 02:53 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
well, if Staal's situation is any indication, then yeah the Rangers can just assign him to Hartford and he doesn't need to sign an ATO or anything. Though when the Rangers signed Greg Moore at the end of his season last year, the Pack still had to sign him to an ATO in order to play him. However, that could be because the contract he signed with the Rangers didn't take immediate effect, and so he also needed the ATO to play for Hartford. Staal had already signed the year before, so that wasn't an issue
so he is signed but since he most likely wont be in the NHL this upcoming season, he wont count towards the 50 man limit??? great move if it wont count against the limit.

I hope Guenin, Potter and Crabb are next to be signed.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:58 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
so he is signed but since he most likely wont be in the NHL this upcoming season, he wont count towards the 50 man limit??? great move if it wont count against the limit.

I believe he will count against the limit (please correct me if I'm wrong) but that, because he's not in the NHL, the clock won't start ticking on his contract or years of service.

Old
08-08-2006, 03:02 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

It was Sauers B-day yesterday, nice birthday present wouldn't ya say.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I believe he will count against the limit (please correct me if I'm wrong) but that, because he's not in the NHL, the clock won't start ticking on his contract or years of service.
hmm that sounds odd, it will count against the limit but the contract wont start till he is in the AHL/NHL. Hmmm can someone please clarify this?

Old
08-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

Great move even if he does count againts the limit. If Sauer ends up making the team (extreame longshot) who is going to be complaining about the contract limit?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:08 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Great move even if he does count againts the limit. If Sauer ends up making the team (extreame longshot) who is going to be complaining about the contract limit?
not me but I dont think it counts cause I remember Dawes was signed before he went back to his final year of juniors and I dont recall it counting but not really sure. I wanna see Eric Hunter signed next, even though drafted in 06 was a re-entry, and is 20 years old so once he gets signed its Rangers,Hartford or Charlotte. Why risk of losing him as a ufa after the season if he was to go to juniors as a overager, at least get him signed so he can start for the Checkers if he dont make the Wolfpack.

Old
08-08-2006, 03:11 PM
xander

Quote:
not me but I dont think it counts cause I remember Dawes was signed before he went back to his final year of juniors and I dont recall it counting but not really sure. I wanna see Eric Hunter signed next, even though drafted in 06 was a re-entry, and is 20 years old so once he gets signed its Rangers,Hartford or Charlotte. Why risk of losing him as a ufa after the season if he was to go to juniors as a overager, at least get him signed so he can start for the Checkers if he dont make the Wolfpack.
dawes was signed before the new CBA, so that example doesn't really work. I'm still no certain that he counts. but for some reason I remember Staal counting against the limit last year.

Old
08-08-2006, 03:16 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
dawes was signed before the new CBA, so that example doesn't really work. I'm still no certain that he counts. but for some reason I remember Staal counting against the limit last year.
I know there is a 10 game window and once after the 10 game the contract starts to count, but not sure if its the same thing.

Old
08-08-2006, 03:36 PM
xander

Quote:
I know there is a 10 game window and once after the 10 game the contract starts to count, but not sure if its the same thing.
after 10 days time starts ticking on the contract and years of service, I don't believe it has much to do with the limit.

Old
08-08-2006, 03:45 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
after 10 days time starts ticking on the contract and years of service, I don't believe it has much to do with the limit.
10 games, not days. Not to nitpick, but that's an important difference.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:02 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
10 games, not days. Not to nitpick, but that's an important difference.
very true. I don't know why I said days.

Old
08-08-2006, 04:17 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Michael Sauer will not count against the 50 contract limit for 2006-07.The Rangers are sending him back to Portland

Quote:
Not more than 50 players signed to a SPC and not less than 24 players and 3 goalkeepers under a SPC.Age 18 and 19 players who were returned to Juniors and who have not played 11 NHL games in one season,shall be exempt from inclusion in the 50 player limit
page 8 of the CBA

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:56 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

A couple of quotes from Michael Sauer regarding his contract signing with the Rangers and possibly making the Rangers out of training camp

Quote:
"I'm excited," Sauer said from Lake Placid. "Now I can just go and focus on trying to make the team and playing hockey, and not have to worry about the contract side of it all."
Quote:
"Obviously, my goal is to come in and crack the squad," Sauer said. "That's got to be my mindset. You can't go in there thinking that you have another year back in Portland. I want to go into training camp with a purpose, and that is to make the NHL."
http://www.winterhawks.com/index.php...d=782&Itemid=1

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote