HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tommy Salo

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 03:55 PM
outKast*

vCash: 500
Tommy Salo

Take it for what it is...but i heard there was a rumour that Tommy Salo is getting a divorce from his wife and then she fled to Sweden with their child. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have any inside information? Can this be the reason for Tommy's shaky play? If it's true, does it justify just how bad he's been playing or is it just another dumb excuse?

Old
11-13-2003, 04:33 PM
Allan

Well, it would certainly be a distraction. If he wants us to know, he will say so. Otherwise I'd rather not ask. I don't see how I have any right to his private life, even if it affects his play.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
Take it for what it is...but i heard there was a rumour that Tommy Salo is getting a divorce from his wife and then she fled to Sweden with their child. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have any inside information? Can this be the reason for Tommy's shaky play? If it's true, does it justify just how bad he's been playing or is it just another dumb excuse?
Frankly that is none of our business and if it is the case good for him for playing at all during this type of situation. It is times like these where fans need to realize that it is only a sport and even though we want for everything to go well sometimes it doesn't. ps maybe this phantom groin/hip injury has given him a few days to get settled. Kinda funny he got hurt after he got hooked in TO. I have full confidence in Tommy and have no doubt he will steal his share of games this year.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:24 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Where'd you hear this? I hope for Tommy's sake that he doesn't have to go through anything like that. I still have a world of confidence in him, and I truely believe that if he picks his game up a bit - which he obviously can - and the Oilers play better defenisvely his numbers will be back to the .900+ we were used to.

It does kinda fit if what your saying is the case though, as all of a sudden he was gone and back in Edmonton - with some strange injury. Sounds like it COULD just be a cover for family problems.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
What I find funny is how Edmonton's "Injury" to Salo is faking. Salo is injured as they showed him on the late Sportscentre on Wednesday on contraption getting treatment.

11-14-2003, 06:41 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
What I find funny is how Edmonton's "Injury" to Salo is faking. Salo is injured as they showed him on the late Sportscentre on Wednesday on contraption getting treatment.
Well perhaps he's hurt too. Or perhaps everything is fine at home for Tommy (lets hope it's the latter). But it could simply be a cover to show people some "evidence" that he is hurt and he was getting treatment. I don't know.

Old
11-14-2003, 03:18 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Where'd you hear this? .
from the tommy salo tabloids, where else? anyways, if there was such a thing this i imagine this would be front page material with a big black and white picture of salo walking out of a closet

Old
11-14-2003, 04:29 PM
fedabiblio

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
You heard this in Manila of the Philippines? Is a there a good population of Oiler fans and Journalists there?

Old
11-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Oiler_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
My feeling was that he was hurt, has been hurt all along, and it reached a peak in Toronto when he told McTavish he was ready to play when he really wasn't. I think McTavish looked disappointed that this happened, but he was ready to pull the plug because Conklin was finally 100%.

Marital problems might explain why Tommy is trying to play when he really isn't fit...

Realistically, we all know the skill is there from watching him in past seasons. Perhaps age and a chronic injury problems are really at fault, but it's certain his mental game isn't there at the moment.

Old
11-14-2003, 09:09 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
this injury if true might be a blessing in disguise for Tommy, it might finally give him some time to sort out things maybe the injury has been since last year and he never rested properly over the summer? For sure if that's the case Conklin's good play would allow the Oilers to give Tommy as much time to heal or if its marital as much time for him to sort his marriage out.

As for his wife if her husbands bringing home $4m every year in the bank then what the hell's her problem?

Old
11-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Fists of Fuhry

Her problem would be that ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
this injury if true might be a blessing in disguise for Tommy, it might finally give him some time to sort out things maybe the injury has been since last year and he never rested properly over the summer? For sure if that's the case Conklin's good play would allow the Oilers to give Tommy as much time to heal or if its marital as much time for him to sort his marriage out.

As for his wife if her husbands bringing home $4m every year in the bank then what the hell's her problem?

she wants half of it.

Closed Thread