Notices

Canucks winning the cup?

Old
08-11-2006, 09:52 AM
USA!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raad_luongo View Post
Whats wrong with you wild fans that always talk **** about vancity on your boards i always see stuff that you post on us.

Are you guys jelous or something that we have a better city and a better team. Im not saying the nucks will win the cup but we have a better chance of winning one than you i know you are gonna flame me but i hate how you guys always diss nuck fans as a hole is pisses me off alot and im sure nuck fans would agree.

What do you canuck fans think about the wild do you see them always trash talk us and our team becuase i sure as hell do.
Better city its Vancouver and its in Canada..You are already far from being a better city just being from Canada

USA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. When the Wild beat Colorado that year, within minutes after the final horn our boards were inundated with hordes of obnoxious Nuck trolls who flooded every thread with childish, insulting crap. It was the worst group of sports "fans" I've ever seen in any sport in my entire life. All of our boards were completely trashed with dozens of idiotic garbage threads. For the rest of the playoffs, it was impossible for any Wild fans to make any use at all of any of our boards, and for most of us, it really spoiled a lot of what was otherwise a very exciting time for us.

None of us have forgotten that, and a lot of us are still pretty pissed about it. There are a lot of really good fans in Vancouver, but the bad ones made you all look like trolls in the eyes of a lot of Wild fans. Many of us would just as soon never hear from another Vancouver fan as long as we live. I'm not one of those, but I have to admit, I don't think I'll ever look at Vancouver the same way again. Every time I hear the name, my first thought is that it's that city where the worst sports fans in the NHL live. It was really that bad.
Honestly, I would agree with you. There is no group of fans that is worse when they are losing than Canuck fans (except possibly Hab fans), mostly because half the traffic on the online Canuck boards is from bandwagoners who don't know their bunghole from a hockey puck ten months of the year, and unfortunately, they are the most vocal (as you can see in this thread - we can tell who they are).

Free Torts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 11:17 AM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA! View Post
Better city its Vancouver and its in Canada..You are already far from being a better city just being from Canada
Painting with such a wide brush does more to show your ignorance than prove your point.

Vancouver is a staggeringly beautiful city. I don't live their personally, but you could do a lot worse.

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 12:18 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Whats wrong with you wild fans that always talk **** about vancity on your boards i always see stuff that you post on us.

Are you guys jelous or something that we have a better city and a better team. Im not saying the nucks will win the cup but we have a better chance of winning one than you i know you are gonna flame me but i hate how you guys always diss nuck fans as a hole is pisses me off alot and im sure nuck fans would agree.

What do you canuck fans think about the wild do you see them always trash talk us and our team becuase i sure as hell do.
Thank you for proving the point about Nuck fans lack of ability to post intelligently. So Vancouver is a better city? Who cares? I've actually posted on the Nuck boards when y'all were wondering about Park and Chouinard. I kept an eye on the thread for a while and nobody got their panties all twisted when I gave them my honest opinion that Chouinard is pretty limited. Not like the few who've started and fed this cockamamey thread. Pull yer panties out of yer bu** cracks and go back under the rock from under which you oozed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
more serious note..

It's obvious why the Wild hate us.. we as a collective group were cocky sob's during the 2003 playoffs and wrote off the series against them, from Bertuzzi and his dumbass remark to the collapse in games 5/6/7.. the Canucks went in to Minnesota arrogant as hell and left golfing.

We got rid of some of our most hated.. (Cloutier/Bertuzzi/Ruutu) but I can see Mitchell acclimating himself to his former team very quickly..
Yup. Hate the Nucks.
Yup. Y'all were pretty arrogant.
Yup. Golfing.
Yup. The Playoff Sieve, The Fat Pig and The Mouth are gone.
Yup. I'm really not looking forward to facing Willie. He is not fun to play against.

Thanks for the intelligent post, Hanky.

The Big E

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 12:35 PM
coastal_nuck

Quote:

You're just making people anxious. If you are a Canuck fan, refrain from the bantering and just let this be discussed. This is a joke of a thread anyway. Why a Canuck fan would start this is beyond me.

coastal_nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 12:48 PM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 400
Quote City
Population: Post #31

Here goes...

Quote:
They've got Chouinard, too. I don't see how they can miss. Anything short of a 3-game sweep in the Finals will be a massive failure.
This in itself is hilarious. A 3-game sweep? That is dominance. Is there a Stanley Cup final mercy rule I don't know about? Just bugging ya.

Quote:

Every team has it's share of ignorant fans. This is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
more serious note..

It's obvious why the Wild hate us.. we as a collective group were cocky sob's during the 2003 playoffs and wrote off the series against them, from Bertuzzi and his dumbass remark to the collapse in games 5/6/7.. the Canucks went in to Minnesota arrogant as hell and left golfing.

We got rid of some of our most hated.. (Cloutier/Bertuzzi/Ruutu) but I can see Mitchell acclimating himself to his former team very quickly..
Exactly. This fuels a pretty big fire in most Wild fans' bellies. However, there's also hatered simply based on the fact that they're in the same division, face each other frequently, and had a great playoff battle. That's how rivalries work.

Quote:
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. When the Wild beat Colorado that year, within minutes after the final horn our boards were inundated with hordes of obnoxious Nuck trolls who flooded every thread with childish, insulting crap. It was the worst group of sports "fans" I've ever seen in any sport in my entire life. All of our boards were completely trashed with dozens of idiotic garbage threads. For the rest of the playoffs, it was impossible for any Wild fans to make any use at all of any of our boards, and for most of us, it really spoiled a lot of what was otherwise a very exciting time for us.

None of us have forgotten that, and a lot of us are still pretty pissed about it. There are a lot of really good fans in Vancouver, but the bad ones made you all look like trolls in the eyes of a lot of Wild fans. Many of us would just as soon never hear from another Vancouver fan as long as we live. I'm not one of those, but I have to admit, I don't think I'll ever look at Vancouver the same way again. Every time I hear the name, my first thought is that it's that city where the worst sports fans in the NHL live. It was really that bad.
While a little harsh, I think there are a lot of events that could support that. The fans at the World Junior Championships really tarnished the reputation of Vancouver fans as well. So did the '94 riot. The fact of the matter is, some hockey fans are overzealous idiots. Some of those fans live in Vancouver. Is it any better or worse than other places? Hard to say. It's the culture of hockey fandom. I'd say it's a problem anywhere. "Newer" hockey markets won't likely have the same problem, as hockey hasn't rooted itself as deeply in local culture and obsession. But, those markets would certainly experience these problems with other sports. However, I'd say Minnesota and Vancouver are both pretty passionate about hockey, so my guess is it's a problem in both areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA! View Post
Thanks for helping me establish my point that ignorant fans exist everywhere.

Okay, I'm done.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Wild Bill

Wow...still 2 months til the season even starts and it's raining blood.

I think I like it...

Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Danny30

Quote:

Well, I see they have a better public school system in Vancouver. Nice post.

Danny30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Polska

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16 View Post
You see, we don't really have a real rivalry with anybody, and canucks are the closest thing to a rival that we have (even though every single canuck fan will deny that). We just need somebody to hate, that's all
I won't deny it any longer. Minny, I hate you. Let us embrace our hate for each other. It's a beautiful thing .

Polska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Polska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny30 View Post
Give the kid a break, he's probably in grade 7. We don't teach punctuation until high school.

Polska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 04:04 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny30 View Post
Ignore that guy too. I've got him on ignore.. I'm sure most other Canuck board posters do.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Shane

Sometimes I wonder why people hate Canucks fans so. Then someone posts something like this.

Shane is offline   Reply With Quote