HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rejean Tremblay explosion on CKAC tuesday night

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 07:50 AM
kastaure

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kastaure Send a message via Yahoo to kastaure
Rejean Tremblay explosion on CKAC tuesday night

WARNING **** I am no TROLL I just dont think Theo is the next best thing since slice bread ****

Did you heard the fuze Rejean Tremblay blow tuesday night at CKAC "Les amateurs de sports". It was replayed yesterday at around 11:00pm.

He basically said that Claude Julien didn't know how to coach since he didn't dress Theo against the Bluejackets.

He said that not Dressing Theo in a game is just a stupid move and people not agreeing with him doesnt know **** about hockey.

He said that the Habs Management didn't treat Theo well last year when they didn't confirm him in his #1 role last year after he refused to play for less then 5 M$. He said this is not the way to treat a Vezina winner and that even if he play less then what he is supposed too, he already gave to much to the habs...

So basically the 5m$ paycheks wasn't enough, he still need his little clap on the butt after eache good play and he is not satisfied that the habs are trying to prepare Garon since they know they wont be able to pay Theo next contract.

What is your opinion on that ?

Personnally I wasn't for the habs decision of giving him such a big contract. We have too much dept in the goal, letting them fight for the spot would have show us better play. Currently Garon is only playing to show himself for other teams since you can't overplay a 5M$ goaler... nothing about talents... it's just too costy to have a second goaler at 5M$... well other then Detroit.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:43 AM
RE-HABS

I think he is the idiot, you always play your 2nd goalie against the lower end teams in the league to give your 1st string goalie a rest. I think he is trying to stir up a goalie conterversy, all he has shown is that he is a real idiot.

Let Julien coach, let the players play and leave it at that Montreal media.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Bob Bastards

If we follow is thinking, we better trade Garon straith away and only dress 1 goalie per game, 1 million a year save...
Thats just plain stupid, Theo is a great goalie, but we have the luxuryof having a great backup also. Give Theo a rest and play Garon agains any team you want he will never let you down.
Theo play in 12 games and Garon in 4, by the end of the year it round up at like 60 games for Theo and 20 for Garon. I find it a good split...

Old
11-13-2003, 09:06 AM
SuperUnknown

He's just rambling, it's not like if Theodore was hot and had been glass-shattering in his shutout. He got an easy shutout that 90% of the starters in the league would have got. The night before he could have had another shutout if he didn't give two fluke goals.

Rejean Tremblay is a "box-score" kind of analyst. He admited that he didn't regularly watched the games and mostly relied on box-scores and stats. That's real hockey knowledge I guess.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:50 AM
HABitude

It's not only Réjean Tremblay, they all said basicly the same thing at 110%.

When a goalie got a SO, he deserves to play next game. That was always played that way before. An old timer law that you don't fix what's unbroken, and you reward a goalie who just gave your team a SO. It's just recently and particulary with Habs that this non-written law has changed.

1. Is this is a new reality in hockey or CJ is a moron?
2. What's the idea of rest Theodore after 2 days?
3. Could CJ give him an easyer team like Columbus to thank Theo for his SO?

Maybe the SO against Buffalo was an easy one, this can be debated for hours, but a SO is a SO. Usually you play your second goalie when your team play 2 games/2 nights on the road. Playing your second goalie when your first just gave you a SO is strange. Weird and questionable coaching. Obviously CJ is not Bowman.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:56 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
It's not only Réjean Tremblay, they all said basicly the same thing at 110%.

When a goalie got a SO, he deserves to play next game. That was always played that way before. An old timer law that you don't fix what's unbroken, and you reward a goalie who just gave your team a SO. It's just recently and particulary with Habs that this non-written law has changed.

1. Is this is a new reality in hockey or CJ is a moron?
2. What's the idea of rest Theodore after 2 days?
3. Could CJ give him an easyer team like Columbus to thank Theo for his SO?

Maybe the SO against Buffalo was an easy one, this can be debated for hours, but a SO is a SO. Usually you play your second goalie when your team play 2 games/2 nights on the road. Playing your second goalie when your first just gave you a SO is strange. Weird and questionable coaching. Obviously CJ is not Bowman.
I don't agree with you at all. Théo is good but way overrated. Théo's games are very inconsistant. Shut out when you only get a couple of hardshots, there is no need to reward this. Garon did very well in the game with Columbus so... there's no need for this stupid saga.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:57 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

He brings up an interesting point. Can this team afford Theo's next contract (up next summer). He'll make 6M next year, with a contract to follow. He has been good so far, but not great, worth 5.5 or 6M or more?

Will the team look to move him? He's one of our best assets trade wise. I know it's blasphemy (doubt I spelled that right) and I'll get a bunch of crap for even suggesting it. But you need to consider every aspect and no player is untradedable if the price is right. Who knows if we even have a season next year, but it's something Gainey will have to consider. Garon/Damphousse next year or the year after? Damphousse is just a filler, and won't be there if he continues to play like he is now, which has been shaky at times.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:59 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

just a little remember, Garon is an awesome goalie. He faced more shots against Columbus than Theo againist Buffalo in two games and managed to allow less goals. That's a fücking good work imo. Garon is actually as good as Theo and earns only 4 millions less.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:00 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
He brings up an interesting point. Can this team afford Theo's next contract (up next summer). He'll make 6M next year, with a contract to follow. He has been good so far, but not great, worth 5.5 or 6M or more?

Will the team look to move him? He's one of our best assets trade wise. I know it's blasphemy (doubt I spelled that right) and I'll get a bunch of crap for even suggesting it. But you need to consider every aspect and no player is untradedable if the price is right. Who knows if we even have a season next year, but it's something Gainey will have to consider. Garon/Damphousse next year or the year after? Damphousse is just a filler, and won't be there if he continues to play like he is now, which has been shaky at times.
Good post.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:02 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal

I for one would not object to trading him. But only if the price is right. But to get a good goal scorer or a great legitimate prospect, I'm all for it. If damphousse isnt doing that well, theirs always Fichaud, probably could get him to sign a new contract for cheap. He'd be a reasonnable backup.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:03 AM
SuperUnknown

Theo knows he's the #1, he knows he's going to play a lot of games, he knows that CJ will keep him for games against the East conference and play Garon against the West conference. So what's the big deal? By your logic, Theo shouldn't have started saturday at all (he played friday and was okay at best), so Garon would have got a SO...

CJ's goaltending strategy is to play Theo against the East and Garon against the West (less games and Theo will start most of them when they're traveling in the West).

Putting Theo against Columbus and then Garon against NYI would have given both goaltenders one game each anyway.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:37 AM
NWT Habs Fan

I think that Tremblay's rampage is rather short sighted. If you look a bit forward (as no doubt CJ and his staff do), we have three tough games on the road (NYI, OTT, VAN), where you want to field your top goalie. You then have a game on the road (CALG) where you likely will see your backup get a shot against a "weaker" team (although Chicago last night would have a solid argument against that assessment). Theo will likely get the start at the big Heritage Classis since it is high profile and you should start your #1 goalie that game. So, all in all, CJ is balancing his goalie starts around the schedule a bit. Good job, IMO.

Old
11-13-2003, 11:44 AM
mcphee

I've never been a big Shakespeare fan but remember "Much Ado About Nothing"

Old
11-13-2003, 01:23 PM
Garnet

The Habs

Trading Theo?? humm I would hate to see it but it does have its positives. Theo to Corolado you get a scorer and a D-men back probably. There are to many goalies in the league now, teams sitting on three goalies but none with the good side of Theo.

Example:
Theo and a pick / Rivet for

Tanguay, Morris or
Tanguay, Skoula and Ballard/ Boychuck / 1st
(This is just showing an idea)

Then go out out and pick up a vertran goalie to play with Garon.
someone like Tugnutt.

Montreal gets younger and stronger on Defence and scoring but a little weaker in goal. Montreal has better group of young players and ends on with one weak position (goal) instead of two.

I would hate and I mean hate to trade Theo but in the long run this could make Montreal a contender earlier and I think a stronger team.

Old
11-13-2003, 02:47 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
I don't agree with you at all. Théo is good but way overrated. Théo's games are very inconsistant. Shut out when you only get a couple of hardshots, there is no need to reward this. Garon did very well in the game with Columbus so... there's no need for this stupid saga.
“Théo's games are very inconsistant” – you mean this year or last year?
Because so far he has 4 SO, he may have been inconsistant just a little but not “very inconsistant”.

What do you have against Théo?
There's some things I don't understand with this board. First there is your post and then some others write: let's trade Theo, Garon can do the job and Damphousse can be a good backup. Thanks god you're not Bob Gainey!!! First you keep Theo and if ever you have to trade him it's for Hedjuk or similar or it's no trade at all. Looks like a remake of Houle trading Roy for 3 bag of patatoes.

About the goalie a coach put for each game, you have to take in consideration the ego a goalie have. You're not learning something new, goalies are playing a solitaire game, they are in a different world, they have to be treated with touch.
Remember the character of Roy, Hasek, Brodeur, Hackett, etc. Goalies have huge ego, it's reality, you have to deal with this fact. If a coach make a goalie unhappy, that may affect his next game. Obviously Bowman was a professionnal coach, CJ still have some things to learn. Some posters here too.

Old
11-13-2003, 03:10 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
“Théo's games are very inconsistant” – you mean this year or last year?
Because so far he has 4 SO, he may have been inconsistant just a little but not “very inconsistant”.

Obviously Bowman was a professionnal coach, CJ still have some things to learn. Some posters here too.
Because Bowman did that, then every coach that disagrees and do not do it are in the wrong? Goalies ego? As far as I know this has worked better on teams that were spectacular up front.

As far as the inconsistent part goes... I think this is what the other poster meant:
# of goals Theo has allowed each game: 5-0-1-1-1-0-6-5-0-5-2-0.
He received a total of 174 shots in the 8 games he allowed two goals or less (average shot #: about 22). On the other nights, he received a total of 125 in the four other games, for an average of about 31 shots.

In other words, unless he has a quiet game where the focus is on the defensive, he can't keep the team in the game most nights. Hence, his stats are kind of misleading... He's good on easy nights (he does his job), but can't keep the game close if the other team gets to put some offensive pressure during the game.

Also, this "focus on defense" or else the other team will score 4-5-6 goals is part of the cause of the low number of goals Montreal scores. (and the boring games... heh)

Jose Theodore is #24 on saving percentage, even though he had 4 SO!

Closed Thread