HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Oh My God! Vo-goon!

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 11:10 PM
evman150*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Lowry? Clark?

Calgary isn't going to be intimidating Nashville any time soon...hell, I doubt any team in the league intimidates them...
Okay, maybe Lowry's a stretch, but Clark is actually a pretty decent fighter. I wouldn't diss him. He's put in a few decent showings this year. By no means a heavyweight, but he can hold his own with most.

Old
11-14-2003, 12:07 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Old
11-14-2003, 04:27 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
I don't think Oliwa would be too scared of Tootoo personally. Oliwa has a good 8 inches and 52 pounds on him. His reach alone would wreck Tootoo. Even Walker too... Sure, they can be pests but against Oliwa?
That was perhaps the funniest sight of the night. Mid point of the third and I notice Sutter throws Oliwa out during a Tootoo shift. Immediately Oliwa starts after Tootoo but he is having trouble catching him and the size difference makes it comical. They meet up once and Tootoo is more intersted in the puck than starting anything with a guy twice his size (he is tough, not stupid). Oliwa tries to check him at the end of the shift but just grazes him as Toots speeds around him. I just wish Tootoo would have been out there at the end to go with Iginla. As it was Allison got order in a hurry.

Old
11-14-2003, 05:08 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Some of you really need to understand the game better. If a player is down you don't beat him, it callled having ethics. You see a guy like Domi take someone down in a fight, he will stop right there. You have to respect you opponent.

Iginla may have done something but there is no reason to beat someone while they are held back and down on the ground. Now you know why we make fun of Nashville fans, understand the game, I think not.
WTF? Ethics of the game? Plenty of cheap shots to go around in that scrum. This was not a stand up gloves dropped fight, I think everyone can understand laying off when your opponent is down! Allison dropped them to go with Ference but he was more into taking the cheap shots.

And why are Nashville fans to blame for cheap shots? Aren't the majority of these players you accuse of taking the cheap shots Canadian? Who on here that is a Pred fan was promoting it anyway?

Old
11-14-2003, 05:24 AM
smashviller

vCash:
Quote:
Some of you really need to understand the game better. If a player is down you don't beat him, it callled having ethics. You see a guy like Domi take someone down in a fight, he will stop right there. You have to respect you opponent.

Iginla may have done something but there is no reason to beat someone while they are held back and down on the ground. Now you know why we make fun of Nashville fans, understand the game, I think not.

watch the clip before you start talking some ignorant junk like that, you will see who was already down in just about all of the scrums.

Old
11-14-2003, 05:45 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

JasonMacIsaac hates that Nashville has a team, don't pay any attention to him.

Old
11-14-2003, 05:47 AM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
(she's a puckbunny, and ventures in with her low shirts hoping to...whatever)
Well...did she?
}:-)>

Old
11-14-2003, 05:49 AM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Chinaman
Oh god, first Detroit and now this ?

When did the Predators become the Big Bad Bruins ?
Don't the Preds need to win a little more ofted for the Big Bad Bruin comparisons to start?

Old
11-14-2003, 06:00 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin
Don't the Preds need to win a little more ofted for the Big Bad Bruin comparisons to start?
haha, what is it, bitter fan day at hockey's future?

Old
11-14-2003, 06:03 AM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
haha, what is it, bitter fan day at hockey's future?
I'm gonna blame it on exam pressure.

Old
11-14-2003, 06:03 AM
smashviller

vCash:
yeah guys, cut Nashville some slack and let us enjoy our moments!

Old
11-14-2003, 07:05 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Absolute rubbish, Domi and ethics go together like Hitchock and diets or Devils and exciting hockey.

Not only does Domi punch a guy whos held down, he knees him as well, then goes after the goalie. Its a 1mb download.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.levett1/domi.avi

Old
11-14-2003, 07:34 AM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashviller
yeah guys, cut Nashville some slack and let us enjoy our moments!
Honestly, you guys should get a sense of pride from the fact that people are bashing your team. Nash has started playing a feisty, sometimes dirty, game. If other teams fans weren't pissed at them that would mean they were doing a crappy job. The fact that some fans are starting to rip into the Preds means there atleast accomplishing something, which is more then could be said before.

Old
11-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin
Don't the Preds need to win a little more ofted for the Big Bad Bruin comparisons to start
Touche

Old
11-14-2003, 08:05 AM
gopreds98

Send a message via Yahoo to gopreds98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
The Chute?

j/k
ROTFL!!!!!

Old
11-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin
Honestly, you guys should get a sense of pride from the fact that people are bashing your team. Nash has started playing a feisty, sometimes dirty, game. If other teams fans weren't pissed at them that would mean they were doing a crappy job. The fact that some fans are starting to rip into the Preds means there atleast accomplishing something, which is more then could be said before.
That's the way I'll start looking at it...thanks for that suggestion

Old
11-14-2003, 09:04 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Absolute rubbish, Domi and ethics go together like Hitchock and diets or Devils and exciting hockey.

Not only does Domi punch a guy whos held down, he knees him as well, then goes after the goalie. Its a 1mb download.

God , he look like a real ***** on that one .

BTW TSN vids quality are really poor .. even at high speed in the player .

Old
11-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
God , he look like a real ***** on that one .

BTW TSN vids quality are really poor .. even at high speed in the player .
Yup...I know everyone loves the half second delay, because I know I do...at least they put video highlights on the net unlike those monkey ***** at ESPN

Old
11-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Mike8

Quote:

Domi's cheapshotted throughout his career. That's partly what's allowed him to last so long in this league; acting as part goon, part agitator.

One of the more recent cheapshots that comes to mind was his elbow to Niedermayer. Great ethics there, eh?

Old
11-14-2003, 11:15 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:

Get off your high horse. There are about 5 Nashville fans on this board alone who know just as much (in some cases probably a whole helluva lot more) about hockey as you. You understand the game? Your a man chocked full of opinions and not much else. You have a comment about everything but substance about nothing. I'd line most diehard Nashville fans up against you any day of the week. Sorry for the rant but you really need to be put into place.

Having watched the scrum (both live and several times in replay), there is no one you can single out as being THE dirty player. Iginla was quite dirty for his takedown of Vokoun. What do the Preds do? Just sit idly by? Your boy Stevens would have done worse to Iginla. You don't give a man quarter who has attacked your goalie. Surely you know that.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:24 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Who do you think you are, Name those posters, I wouldn't mind a good debate, the fact is I'v been living in canada, seen every type of hockey around Nova Scotia. There is noway you can measure hockey knowledge because it comes in so many various ways. I bet most Nashville fans you talk about are internet searchers and every time a debate rises they go searching for answers, I don't do that, I go by whats in my head, thats why most of my stats are off by a bit.
There's a distinct difference between seeing hockey and knowing hockey. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because this could turn into an undying issue. But don't talk down Nashville fans (the few on this board atleast) because their opinion (the same opinion shared by many, many non-Nashville fans) doesn't coincide with yours. Elitist attitudes are sort of oxymoron. They are only held by the ignorant. Don't cop an attitude just because we live in the South.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:46 AM
soya_sauce_chicken

Quote:

i just can't believe the other team just stood there while their player was getting beat up...

Old
11-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
Quote:

Haven't seen that before. Painful to watch. Inexcuseable.

Old
11-14-2003, 12:48 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by soya_sauce_chicken
i just can't believe the other team just stood there while their player was getting beat up...
They didn't. This was during the Flyers Leafs brawl in the playoffs a few years ago, where everyone was paired off. Once Richardson saw what was going on, he comes over to fight Domi, who hides behind Kaberle as you can see in that clip. The disgusted look Richardson has on his face after he gets pulled away by a linesman is priceless. By the way, Domi's refusal to fight either Berube or Mcarthy in this fight resulted in 2 of the Leafs players catching a beating. Domi is a great fighter and generally a good enforcer, but this event was definetly a black eye for him.

Old
11-14-2003, 01:51 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

if you really want to discredit jasonmacisaac's opinion, just read the prospect board, in which he manages to homer a NJ prospect into EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION, inappropriate or not.
oh, but wait, you know more about hockey than me because you're from canada.
silly me, i forgot

Closed Thread